Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

45 Pages«<3536373839>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
peach21  
#721 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 5:41:44 AM(UTC)
peach21

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: peach21 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Papoose79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lexipooh Go to Quoted Post
Looking for some insight.
I'm an external applicant.

I applied to the RO announcement on 5/21/2021.
Invite for Assessments Email: 05/24/2021, took all 3 on on 5/25/2021.
Received ineligible for GS9 7/9/2021 (I have a Masters Degree)
Received met basic qualifications for GS7 email same day 7/9/2021. There was no rating included and my application status on the tracker says "application reviewed".
My question is, should I keep hope alive since I met the basic requirements for GS7, or give up being that I haven't received a phone call for an interview? This is my second time taking the Assessments also, I qualified back in 2018 during the shut down. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just going to add my .02 here on the GS ratings.

While know money is a concern for people, I wouldn’t focus to much on the GS rating.

If you come in as a 9 you will be promoted to journey level 11 after the training year.

As a journey level RO you are expected to perform at journey level standards.

I’ve said it before. The hardest year in this job will be year 2.

You will no longer have an OJI to help you. And you won’t know everything you need to know. And it can be frustrating.

If you come in as a 7 you have that extra year where you’re not journey level. And you will likely get a little additional help.

Just my .02. Your mileage may vary.
I have a Masters Degree also and I had the same results. I emailed the address in the job announcement but never received a response. You are not alone...I say remain hopeful and patient, keep applying for other jobs with the agency. I read somewhere that the accounting qualifications are not the determining factor for this job (just what I read) but they want people with investigative experience. Anyway, NEVER GIVE UP!

Email the person on the email as well.

To be honest I email EVERYONE! 😆

Thanks! Ok, I’ll email first thing in the morning. I was hesitant about emailing because when I did in the past, for another agency, I was told they were still going through apps. Then less than 15 min of me sending the email, I received an inelegible email.

I am looking for a copy to post of what I say. Normally if I am appealing a GS grade denial I cut and past from the announcement and then respond how I interpreted it. If it's one I was on before I mention it just in case they overlooked it. It's been a while since I've been denied a GS9 because now I am in my second year as a GS9.

That’s awesome! Congratulations and I hope to join soon. If you find your email verbiage, please let me know. I appreciate your help.

I’m not too worried about the GS9 ineligibility, (I will still follow up on it) but more so why I didn’t receive a rating/score for the GS7 but got this email. This was the last communication that I received on July 9th.

“ Announcement: 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
Position: REVENUE OFFICER
Series: 1169 Grade: 07

Your application for the above position was received and processed in accordance with the Merit Promotion Program procedures. Based upon your application, we are pleased to inform you that you have met the basic qualification requirements for the occupation and grade level indicated.

What to Expect Next:
You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail, informing you of the next step in the application process.”

I'm not really worried about the GS9 at this point, I just want to make sure I'm on the track to get in. The GS7 email didn't have a rating, but said I met the basic requirements. Application status says reviewed. No call for an interview as of yet.....fingers still crossed though. Thanks for your input.
Papoose79  
#722 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 6:20:36 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lexipooh Go to Quoted Post
Looking for some insight.
I'm an external applicant.

I applied to the RO announcement on 5/21/2021.
Invite for Assessments Email: 05/24/2021, took all 3 on on 5/25/2021.
Received ineligible for GS9 7/9/2021 (I have a Masters Degree)
Received met basic qualifications for GS7 email same day 7/9/2021. There was no rating included and my application status on the tracker says "application reviewed".
My question is, should I keep hope alive since I met the basic requirements for GS7, or give up being that I haven't received a phone call for an interview? This is my second time taking the Assessments also, I qualified back in 2018 during the shut down. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Just going to add my .02 here on the GS ratings.

While know money is a concern for people, I wouldn’t focus to much on the GS rating.

If you come in as a 9 you will be promoted to journey level 11 after the training year.

As a journey level RO you are expected to perform at journey level standards.

I’ve said it before. The hardest year in this job will be year 2.

You will no longer have an OJI to help you. And you won’t know everything you need to know. And it can be frustrating.

If you come in as a 7 you have that extra year where you’re not journey level. And you will likely get a little additional help.

Just my .02. Your mileage may vary.
I have a Masters Degree also and I had the same results. I emailed the address in the job announcement but never received a response. You are not alone...I say remain hopeful and patient, keep applying for other jobs with the agency. I read somewhere that the accounting qualifications are not the determining factor for this job (just what I read) but they want people with investigative experience. Anyway, NEVER GIVE UP!

Email the person on the email as well.

To be honest I email EVERYONE! 😆

Thanks! Ok, I’ll email first thing in the morning. I was hesitant about emailing because when I did in the past, for another agency, I was told they were still going through apps. Then less than 15 min of me sending the email, I received an inelegible email.

I am looking for a copy to post of what I say. Normally if I am appealing a GS grade denial I cut and past from the announcement and then respond how I interpreted it. If it's one I was on before I mention it just in case they overlooked it. It's been a while since I've been denied a GS9 because now I am in my second year as a GS9.

That’s awesome! Congratulations and I hope to join soon. If you find your email verbiage, please let me know. I appreciate your help.

I’m not too worried about the GS9 ineligibility, (I will still follow up on it) but more so why I didn’t receive a rating/score for the GS7 but got this email. This was the last communication that I received on July 9th.

“ Announcement: 21BRK-SBX0323-1169-07T09
Position: REVENUE OFFICER
Series: 1169 Grade: 07

Your application for the above position was received and processed in accordance with the Merit Promotion Program procedures. Based upon your application, we are pleased to inform you that you have met the basic qualification requirements for the occupation and grade level indicated.

What to Expect Next:
You will be receiving correspondence via e-mail, informing you of the next step in the application process.”

I'm not really worried about the GS9 at this point, I just want to make sure I'm on the track to get in. The GS7 email didn't have a rating, but said I met the basic requirements. Application status says reviewed. No call for an interview as of yet.....fingers still crossed though. Thanks for your input.

Don't stress it so much because they have a lot of applications to get thru and they have some of us in training.
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
peach21 on 8/3/2021(UTC)
Roxy1  
#723 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 10:19:21 AM(UTC)
Roxy1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think everything is moving along according to POD. I just received training layout email for start date 8/16/21 for my 3rd pod selection. Was told I can still be picked for my other locations. Once you are selected things are moving along.
thanks 1 user thanked Roxy1 for this useful post.
sbalto on 8/3/2021(UTC)
Papoose79  
#724 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:10:10 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Roxy1 Go to Quoted Post
I think everything is moving along according to POD. I just received training layout email for start date 8/16/21 for my 3rd pod selection. Was told I can still be picked for my other locations. Once you are selected things are moving along.

Yes it does.
sbalto  
#725 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 11:24:40 AM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)

Yes it does.

Hello, Just wondering are we notified of whether we are cleared or not after submitting Equip?
Papoose79  
#726 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 1:09:58 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post

Yes it does.

Hello, Just wondering are we notified of whether we are cleared or not after submitting Equip?

If you are not called into your manager's office you're fine. So in other words No! Just list "EVERYTHING" with an explanation and go from there.
sbalto  
#727 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 1:19:21 PM(UTC)
sbalto

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I was contacted last week to elaborate on minor issues and that's it. Thanks
Riverside  
#728 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 1:27:39 PM(UTC)
Riverside

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)

Just curious if everything will be remote or in office at this point starting out the job? Thanks and congrats!
Papoose79  
#729 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 1:32:32 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Just curious if everything will be remote or in office at this point starting out the job? Thanks and congrats!

Should be remote...well in my area it is, and probably will be so thru January.
thanks 1 user thanked Papoose79 for this useful post.
Riverside on 8/3/2021(UTC)
Roxy1  
#730 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 5:22:10 PM(UTC)
Roxy1

Originally Posted by: Riverside Go to Quoted Post

Should be remote...well in my area it is, and probably will be so thru January.

Everything is Remote starting off for the next few months
Ufb789  
#731 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 6:05:07 PM(UTC)
Ufb789

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Received my TO for GS9 today and competed all the forms. When do we get our start date? After we pass fingerprinting? Or after the FO (if I get it!).

Thanks,
Benipal  
#732 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 7:37:09 PM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ufb789 Go to Quoted Post
Received my TO for GS9 today and competed all the forms. When do we get our start date? After we pass fingerprinting? Or after the FO (if I get it!).

Thanks,

Congratulations! There should have been a tentative start date on the TO and I think the definitive date will be shown on the FO.

I’m also waiting for my FO. Hopefully soon :)
thanks 1 user thanked Benipal for this useful post.
Ufb789 on 8/4/2021(UTC)
Papoose79  
#733 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2021 7:46:52 PM(UTC)
Papoose79

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Ufb789 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, [/quote

You should have a tentative date in your TO.
Roxy1  
#734 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2021 5:27:03 AM(UTC)
Roxy1

Has anyone ever started a position internal then picked for another location?
TheCapUniverse  
#735 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 12:47:23 PM(UTC)
TheCapUniverse

United States

I received a BQ email in June but never received anything to interview. Today, I received more BQ emails for the same grade, but they say Wave 2 in the subject. Is there another hiring from the March announcement??
scottyd27  
#736 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 1:39:01 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 284 time(s) in 210 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TheCapUniverse Go to Quoted Post
I received a BQ email in June but never received anything to interview. Today, I received more BQ emails for the same grade, but they say Wave 2 in the subject. Is there another hiring from the March announcement??

Yes. This is a mass hiring. People will be starting positions from the March certificate all the way until December.

And there is going to be another an on me t in FY22
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
TheCapUniverse on 8/6/2021(UTC)
Nick777  
#737 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 1:47:35 PM(UTC)
Nick777

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)

So, you have been BQed again for the same position after 2 months, after not being hired?

It seems like a refresh or reset of the BQ for technical purposes, like they need to do this in order to consider you again on the "Wave 2".

Whatever it is, sounds promising, hopeful...

Good luck to you with this! Hoping you get hired.

I'm curious, did you apply before or after the 05/14/2021 cut off?

Has anyone else have this happened to them?

thanks 1 user thanked Nick777 for this useful post.
TheCapUniverse on 8/6/2021(UTC)
peach21  
#738 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 5:02:32 AM(UTC)
peach21

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nick777 Go to Quoted Post

So, you have been BQed again for the same position after 2 months, after not being hired?

It seems like a refresh or reset of the BQ for technical purposes, like they need to do this in order to consider you again on the "Wave 2".

Same thing happened to me. Wednesday I got a BQ email and then yesterday, I got the same email but this time it had Wave 2. I applied after the 5/14 date. I applied on 5/20.
thanks 1 user thanked peach21 for this useful post.
Nick777 on 8/6/2021(UTC)
Nick777  
#739 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 6:43:41 AM(UTC)
Nick777

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Nick777 Go to Quoted Post

Same thing happened to me. Wednesday I got a BQ email and then yesterday, I got the same email but this time it had Wave 2. I applied after the 5/14 date. I applied on 5/20.

Thanks for posting!
thanks 1 user thanked Nick777 for this useful post.
peach21 on 8/6/2021(UTC)
jonner  
#740 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 7:59:09 AM(UTC)
jonner

United States

I applied on 5/26 & never was asked to complete the online assessments, my application status is: Received. Am I sol or is there still hope?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed