Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

62 Pages«<3738394041>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ScottieDutch  
#761 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 7:55:36 AM(UTC)
ScottieDutch

Groups: Registered
United States

Following my TO, I was fingerprinted and credentialed about two weeks ago now. What should expect at this point now, timeline-wise?
Benipal  
#762 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 8:17:06 AM(UTC)
Benipal

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScottieDutch Go to Quoted Post
Following my TO, I was fingerprinted and credentialed about two weeks ago now. What should expect at this point now, timeline-wise?

I think we just wait for final offer.
scottyd27  
#763 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 8:48:38 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Was thanked: 324 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScottieDutch Go to Quoted Post

Hurry up and wait
RK  
#764 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 3:29:22 PM(UTC)
RK

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sbalto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OEFVET Go to Quoted Post
Just received my training schedule from my group manager. It feels official now. This has been a longgg process.

I received mines too. There seems to be a couple of long gaps and had me wondering how would the paycheck reflect that. I did see more will come at orientation. It’s going to be very interesting how this online training will play out

We are having our meeting tomorrow, but from what I am hearing from other trainees is that those supposedly aren't gaps, but the start of OJT and it goes until the next phase training.

I received something else and the gaps appears to be filled in so far. What really concerned me is that the laptop arrived yesterday with no email notifying me that it would be arriving and no one had me sign for it. It was pouring down raining, and the box was soaking wet. Thank goodness that the inside was in tact. Just advising everyone to be on the look out for their laptop with no notification.

What was the gaps filled in with? more training?
I received my schedule too and it was same as the one u posted before with the gaps.
scottyd27  
#765 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 4:08:28 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Originally Posted by: RK Go to Quoted Post
Just received my training schedule from my group manager. It feels official now. This has been a longgg process.

I received mines too. There seems to be a couple of long gaps and had me wondering how would the paycheck reflect that. I did see more will come at orientation. It’s going to be very interesting how this online training will play out

We are having our meeting tomorrow, but from what I am hearing from other trainees is that those supposedly aren't gaps, but the start of OJT and it goes until the next phase training.

I received something else and the gaps appears to be filled in so far. What really concerned me is that the laptop arrived yesterday with no email notifying me that it would be arriving and no one had me sign for it. It was pouring down raining, and the box was soaking wet. Thank goodness that the inside was in tact. Just advising everyone to be on the look out for their laptop with no notification.

What was the gaps filled in with? more training?
I received my schedule too and it was same as the one u posted before with the gaps.

The gaps are most likely OJT periods.
peteyboy123  
#766 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 2:51:37 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Quick question for anyone familiar with the process. Out of the blue, I was contacted for an interview for a POD that was actually in my selected choices (I had previously been contacted for an interview for a POD that was not in my choices a few months ago and it was literally across the country from me). Now this POD is close to me, however, it is NOT my first choice of locations. I fully plan on giving my upcoming interview my all, but I was wondering if/when I pass this interview and receive a TO, I can mention my number one choice of location to possibly be considered for. Thanks.
AllHailTheDead0  
#767 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 2:58:06 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: peteyboy123 Go to Quoted Post
Quick question for anyone familiar with the process. Out of the blue, I was contacted for an interview for a POD that was actually in my selected choices (I had previously been contacted for an interview for a POD that was not in my choices a few months ago and it was literally across the country from me). Now this POD is close to me, however, it is NOT my first choice of locations. I fully plan on giving my upcoming interview my all, but I was wondering if/when I pass this interview and receive a TO, I can mention my number one choice of location to possibly be considered for. Thanks.

Def wouldnt hurt. I was given a T/O by my 3rd choice and inquired about my other 2 choices and the HR rep got back to me saying that those locations were only hiring at the gs9 level.
scottyd27  
#768 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

You can mention it and ask about it. But that POD might be hiring yet or not at the grade level you want.

You may also get offered a few PODs in a TO.
thanks 1 user thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
peteyboy123 on 8/15/2021(UTC)
peteyboy123  
#769 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:08:38 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

You can mention it and ask about it. But that POD might be hiring yet or not at the grade level you want.

Awesome.
Thanks for the info. I am hoping for the Tampa POD at the GS09 level just FYI. Interviewing for Plantation and Miami.
scottyd27  
#770 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:29:31 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Awesome.
Thanks for the info. I am hoping for the Tampa POD at the GS09 level just FYI. Interviewing for Plantation and Miami.

If you’re given a choice between Miami and plantation. Take plantation.
peteyboy123  
#771 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:41:52 PM(UTC)
peteyboy123

Awesome.

Yea I have heard from someone at my current agency who went there a couple years that it’s a good spot. Any info on Tampa?
scottyd27  
#772 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 3:53:52 PM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Awesome.

Yea I have heard from someone at my current agency who went there a couple years that it’s a good spot. Any info on Tampa?

Tampa is a good POD hood managers.

Miami IMHO is a terrible working environment.
omega  
#773 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 7:33:37 PM(UTC)
omega

Seems like most people here is at the last few steps, however, I just got an invite for the ROSA 3 days ago. Applied in early July through the pathways program. What are the next processes after the ROSA and timeframe? 2-3 weeks for a panel interview? Not sure if there are any differences in terms of processes for pathways compared to regular applying.
AllHailTheDead0  
#774 Posted : Sunday, August 15, 2021 9:08:04 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Originally Posted by: omega Go to Quoted Post
Seems like most people here is at the last few steps, however, I just got an invite for the ROSA 3 days ago. Applied in early July through the pathways program. What are the next processes after the ROSA and timeframe? 2-3 weeks for a panel interview? Not sure if there are any differences in terms of processes for pathways compared to regular applying.

How come you applied to the pathways one and not the regular posting? I applied 3/1 when the original posting became available, invited to take ROSA 3/10, interviewed on 6/2, received t/o 7/27. Also applied to the recent grad/pathways listing but havent heard anything from that one yet besides not having to take the ROSA again.

scottyd27  
#775 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2021 3:17:02 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Same process for pathways as any other.

The service is hiring through December on this certificate. So it’ll take a minute as HCO is struggling to on-board the June, July and august hires.
AllHailTheDead0  
#776 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 7:08:05 PM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Just received my FO with a start date of 9/27. Originally the TO said the start date would be 12/6. Need to move 4 hrs away to this location and it seems I might not have enough time to get everything ready. Has anyone that has to move for this position talked to HR yet about doing all the online training at their current location before moving to a place that is closer to the POD? Going to email HR about this tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone has had this discussion yet.
omega  
#777 Posted : Tuesday, August 17, 2021 8:56:10 PM(UTC)
omega

Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post

How come you applied to the pathways one and not the regular posting? I applied 3/1 when the original posting became available, invited to take ROSA 3/10, interviewed on 6/2, received t/o 7/27. Also applied to the recent grad/pathways listing but havent heard anything from that one yet besides not having to take the ROSA again.

I recently discovered opportunities like these so it was a bit late to apply for regular posting. I read somewhere on here that I might have a better chance through pathways since my resume history isn't the greatest to apply the normal way. Thanks for the timeframe

Same process for pathways as any other.

The service is hiring through December on this certificate. So it’ll take a minute as HCO is struggling to on-board the June, July and august hires.

Gotcha, thanks for sharing the date

scottyd27  
#778 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 2:33:47 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Just received my FO with a start date of 9/27. Originally the TO said the start date would be 12/6. Need to move 4 hrs away to this location and it seems I might not have enough time to get everything ready. Has anyone that has to move for this position talked to HR yet about doing all the online training at their current location before moving to a place that is closer to the POD? Going to email HR about this tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone has had this discussion yet.

Right now you on boarding, phase on OTJ and unit one will be virtual.

Also if you are with 150 mile radius of your POD you don’t have to move.

Depending on thePOD 150 could be 4 hours
AllHailTheDead0  
#779 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 7:50:26 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Ya I am 220 miles away currently. Emailed HR and they basically said the same thing that I need to be within 150 miles and doing the onboarding/training from my current location will not work. Def don't blame them and they have offered to move the start date back to 12/6. I guess my biggest issue is that there is pretty much no rooms to rent anywhere near my POD, all the suitable ones say either female only or no pets, which I have a 10yr old cocker spaniel. At this point, I am getting pretty worried that I won't be able to find anything since I basically can't afford to live on my own as I do now. Wondering if it's better to just reject the offer completely so they have enough time to find someone else.

EDIT: offer has been rejected, very disappointed things arent going to work out as I know this is a career that I would very much enjoy. If the salary was a bit higher I could have probably made it work but cost of living on the California coast is way to high.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 18, 2021 8:04:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scottyd27  
#780 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2021 8:26:38 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

United States

Ya I am 220 miles away currently. Emailed HR and they basically said the same thing that I need to be within 150 miles and doing the onboarding/training from my current location will not work. Def don't blame them and they have offered to move the start date back to 12/6. I guess my biggest issue is that there is pretty much no rooms to rent anywhere near my POD, all the suitable ones say either female only or no pets, which I have a 10yr old cocker spaniel. At this point, I am getting pretty worried that I won't be able to find anything since I basically can't afford to live on my own as I do now. Wondering if it's better to just reject the offer completely so they have enough time to find someone else.

EDIT: offer has been rejected, very disappointed things arent going to work out as I know this is a career that I would very much enjoy. If the salary was a bit higher I could have probably made it work but cost of living on the California coast is way to high.

What POD?

Rss Feed  Atom Feed