Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

61 Pages«<5051525354>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Yolo  
#1021 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 10:33:20 AM(UTC)
Yolo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Got an email to pick up my credential. Went there to pick it up, was told that I couldn't because a manager hadn't done some form. A manager hadn't done this form, because I have not received my final offer yet and thus, I do not have a manager to begin with. I've only been told by HR when my projected start date is.

So if you get an email to pick up your credential and you haven't had any contact with a manager to fill out a form, make sure you call before you waste your whole afternoon + parking money.
Spazilton  
#1022 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2021 7:51:42 AM(UTC)
Spazilton

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kay Jay Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XFed77 Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

Received an update for the GS 9 wave 3 GP today which was a non referral but it also said no selections were made and none will be so it looks like they did all their hiring in waves 1 & 2 maybe. FYI, I applied to Manhattan, Brooklyn and DC for GP.

Don't feel bad. I am a former RO, GS-11, with a few years experience and the office I applied to did not select me because they were only hiring GS-09 Veterans and I am not a Veteran.

I hope they hire civilians in the next go around.

I read on this thread that they'll have another Mass hiring announcement on December 2021. Hoping it happens.

Wow that is odd. What location did you apply to? The status on the RG path for the GS 9 updated to “You’ve been hired” which is weird. I hope it’s no mistake. It went from “referred to selecting official” to “You’ve been hired”. I hope I have lol.

Congratulations!

Should not be a mistake.

The office I applied for was Houston.

I hope not! I’m trying not to get ahead of myself. Especially not having heard anything. I thought about applying to Houston too but was scared of the move. I’m still stuck on the fact that they filled that wave with all veterans. That’s a lot! Hopefully you’re in there next wave! Good luck!

This would explain why I wasn't offered a position in Houston even with a BQ rating. I was a 30%+ CPS Vet but only qualified as GS-7. Kinda odd they hired 18 positions only 9 or above. Things worked out in the end, took a position with DOL that is career ladder to 12, 100% remote work, I'm pretty happy at DOL :)

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2021 7:53:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

XFed77  
#1023 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 7:52:09 AM(UTC)
XFed77

United States

Was thanked: 110 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Spazilton Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone!

Received an update for the GS 9 wave 3 GP today which was a non referral but it also said no selections were made and none will be so it looks like they did all their hiring in waves 1 & 2 maybe. FYI, I applied to Manhattan, Brooklyn and DC for GP.

Don't feel bad. I am a former RO, GS-11, with a few years experience and the office I applied to did not select me because they were only hiring GS-09 Veterans and I am not a Veteran.

I hope they hire civilians in the next go around.

I read on this thread that they'll have another Mass hiring announcement on December 2021. Hoping it happens.

Wow that is odd. What location did you apply to? The status on the RG path for the GS 9 updated to “You’ve been hired” which is weird. I hope it’s no mistake. It went from “referred to selecting official” to “You’ve been hired”. I hope I have lol.

Congratulations!

Should not be a mistake.

The office I applied for was Houston.

I hope not! I’m trying not to get ahead of myself. Especially not having heard anything. I thought about applying to Houston too but was scared of the move. I’m still stuck on the fact that they filled that wave with all veterans. That’s a lot! Hopefully you’re in there next wave! Good luck!

This would explain why I wasn't offered a position in Houston even with a BQ rating. I was a 30%+ CPS Vet but only qualified as GS-7. Kinda odd they hired 18 positions only 9 or above. Things worked out in the end, took a position with DOL that is career ladder to 12, 100% remote work, I'm pretty happy at DOL :)

Yeah Spazilton, I was quite suprised. As I mentioned before, I was a GS-11 RO for a few years, I got it when you had to interview for a GS-11, a few years back, and made BQ as a GS-09.

Received the Non-Select email and I inquired. They said they had only selected GS-09 Veterans for Houston.

I'm in the same situation as you, waiting on a Final Offier for a GS-09 step 10 with a different Agency, 100% Remote and promotion potential 12. Would still consider the IRS unless they fast track me at this Agency to a GS-11 after 90 days, which can happen.
Let's see...
ScottieDutch  
#1024 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 11:39:24 AM(UTC)
ScottieDutch

United States

Originally Posted by: Yolo Go to Quoted Post
Got an email to pick up my credential. Went there to pick it up, was told that I couldn't because a manager hadn't done some form. A manager hadn't done this form, because I have not received my final offer yet and thus, I do not have a manager to begin with. I've only been told by HR when my projected start date is.

So if you get an email to pick up your credential and you haven't had any contact with a manager to fill out a form, make sure you call before you waste your whole afternoon + parking money.

Ouch, that stinks. When I was fingerprinted and all, they specifically told me not to pay attention to the email and not to come get it. I got the credential pick up email back in July or August. Got my firm offer, first day was the end of September, and just got my credentials a week ago. I am outside 50 miles from a credentialing center, so I couldn't travel without higher-up approval. They had to ship it to my home with activation equipment to activate the card remotely.

Edited by user Monday, October 25, 2021 11:40:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yolo  
#1025 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 12:30:38 PM(UTC)
Yolo

Originally Posted by: ScottieDutch Go to Quoted Post

Ouch, that stinks. When I was fingerprinted and all, they specifically told me not to pay attention to the email and not to come get it. I got the credential pick up email back in July or August. Got my firm offer, first day was the end of September, and just got my credentials a week ago. I am outside 50 miles from a credentialing center, so I couldn't travel without higher-up approval. They had to ship it to my home with activation equipment to activate the card remotely.

Yeah nobody told me that.
FinCrimesJD  
#1026 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 6:47:10 AM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 19 post(s)
So got a firm offer today. Excited about that.

Quick questions though, has anyone negotiated final step in their GS level that's been a non-Fed hire? If yes, how did it go?

I'm moving from a GS-11 knowledge/education in a financial institution to the IRS at a GS-9 and want to ensure I succeed financially from the get go. I'm prepared to take a lower amount, though, not a step 1 amount.

I tried to call the point of contact for HR that sent me thr offer, but her number doesn't work. I did send an email directly to her however.

Any advice would be great.
Quicksilver21  
#1027 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 7:46:56 AM(UTC)
Quicksilver21

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Congrats....on my TO they matched my pay and when I rec'd a step increase after my TO, I emailed my HR rep and she said they will match my current pay. But nothing is set in stone as of yet (final offer). Did you submit an updated SF-50?
FinCrimesJD  
#1028 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 8:02:43 AM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Originally Posted by: Quicksilver21 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats....on my TO they matched my pay and when I rec'd a step increase after my TO, I emailed my HR rep and she said they will match my current pay. But nothing is set in stone as of yet (final offer). Did you submit an updated SF-50?

Sadly I'm not a current/former fed, so I don't believe that the form applied to me, at least not as of yet.

It seems like there is wiggle room for candidates like that, but little to no room for civilian candidates such as myself.
Quicksilver21  
#1029 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 8:20:43 AM(UTC)
Quicksilver21

Well...it doesn't hurt to try...good luck!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Quicksilver21 for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 10/26/2021(UTC)
Lexi  
#1030 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 10:03:57 AM(UTC)
Lexi

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I asked about a salary increase/match while waiting for my FO (I’m a non federal employee but I work for NYS) I would also be taking a pay cut. My HR contact informed me that unfortunately for this announcement (revenue officer) they’re not considering salary adjustments.

Congratulations on the FO - I’m still waiting for mine. Got an email from HR on Friday that they’re still waiting for the results of my background check before moving forward. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!
thanks 1 user thanked Lexi for this useful post.
FinCrimesJD on 10/26/2021(UTC)
piguyerrific  
#1031 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:34:21 AM(UTC)
piguyerrific

United States

Figured I'd post my current hiring timeline just in case anyone else is looking for answers (like me).

I received my TO on 10/12 and completed all the onboarding tasks/forms I could that same night. I was informed during my phone interview that my start date is 12/06. Today marks two weeks since the TO and I haven't heard anything from the GSA about scheduling my fingerprinting appointment (checking inbox and spam). I emailed my HR contact twice asking about this but I haven't gotten a response.

My new hire portal says this appointment was "due" over a week ago. Judging from the other responses here though, it seems like the whole process just takes a while so I'm not too worried yet. Hoping things get underway soon!
FinCrimesJD  
#1032 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 12:20:04 PM(UTC)
FinCrimesJD

United States

Originally Posted by: Lexi Go to Quoted Post
I asked about a salary increase/match while waiting for my FO (I’m a non federal employee but I work for NYS) I would also be taking a pay cut. My HR contact informed me that unfortunately for this announcement (revenue officer) they’re not considering salary adjustments.

Congratulations on the FO - I’m still waiting for mine. Got an email from HR on Friday that they’re still waiting for the results of my background check before moving forward. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Thank you much! Yeah, it's great to be offered the position; bittersweet that it's going to end with having to reject the offer, for me at least. At least I was able to do a "temporary reject" due to salary/pay scale.

For those still in process, keep at it. For those that have just gotten in or waiting until the December 6th start, best of luck!
MJE  
#1033 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 7:40:48 AM(UTC)
MJE

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
So i asked for an update today since TO said estimated report date is 12/6. Was basically told that I am waiting for the ok on security clearance. I guess this is moving further into the “preliminary background” stage? I also asked if the FO is issued close to 12/6, will they push the start date back so I can give proper notice and move….was basically told no. This is weird to me because, I do have to move a couple of states away and need to give notice (external hire). I did tell them that too. I’m guessing HR is confident an FO will be issued soon? Anyways, this process seems a bit off..
Lexi  
#1034 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 8:41:07 AM(UTC)
Lexi

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MJE Go to Quoted Post
So i asked for an update today since TO said estimated report date is 12/6. Was basically told that I am waiting for the ok on security clearance. I guess this is moving further into the “preliminary background” stage? I also asked if the FO is issued close to 12/6, will they push the start date back so I can give proper notice and move….was basically told no. This is weird to me because, I do have to move a couple of states away and need to give notice (external hire). I did tell them that too. I’m guessing HR is confident an FO will be issued soon? Anyways, this process seems a bit off..

This is helpful MJE. Thank you for the update. I’m an external hire as well and I believe we have the same timeline. That is very weird - especially because previous posts said HR was flexible on start dates. I’m hoping I get an FO soon. I would like to give my current employer notice ASAP. I have a lot to transition that 2 weeks may not be feasible. Good luck!!
Quicksilver21  
#1035 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 8:53:30 AM(UTC)
Quicksilver21

Thanks for the update. I am in the same page as well, if I hear something I will let you guys know.
MJE  
#1036 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 9:02:14 AM(UTC)
MJE

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lexi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MJE Go to Quoted Post

This is helpful MJE. Thank you for the update. I’m an external hire as well and I believe we have the same timeline. That is very weird - especially because previous posts said HR was flexible on start dates. I’m hoping I get an FO soon. I would like to give my current employer notice ASAP. I have a lot to transition that 2 weeks may not be feasible. Good luck!!

Giving notice is really important to me, not only do I want to leave on good terms but if I don’t provide a 2 week notice, I wont get my accrued PTO paid out. I have like 175 hours saved up.
Yolo  
#1037 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 6:17:16 PM(UTC)
Yolo

Originally Posted by: Quicksilver21 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the update. I am in the same page as well, if I hear something I will let you guys know.

There are dozens of us
Yolo  
#1038 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 6:08:21 AM(UTC)
Yolo

FJO was in my spam folder this morning. 12/6 start.
Quicksilver21  
#1039 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 6:11:45 AM(UTC)
Quicksilver21

Congrats!!! Hopefully, we get ours by the end of this week.
Nekro  
#1040 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 6:33:09 AM(UTC)
Nekro

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
FJO was in my spam folder this morning. 12/6 start.

Congrats! How long from when you completed the onboarding to FO happen? I got my TO and the onboarding was dude yesterday my affidavit has an appointment date of 11/22. Mine job is for IT/2200 but I its a similar hiring process.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed