Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

64 Pages«<5859606162>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyd27  
#1181 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 6:06:07 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 316 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MJE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SF3MIA Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lexi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: makingadifference Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone received an email from SBSE regarding upcoming 12/6 start date?

I received one about a few hours ago, so it looks like they are going out.

I just got one regarding orientation schedule and laptop info. I’m so relieved!

I just got the orientation information and my laptop came today!!! Getting really excited!

That’s so cool, congrats!
Did you get something from your POD?
Were you able to track your equipment or did it show up unannounced?
Email they sent today about orientation says to expect a call confirming receipt of info so I’m not sure what to expect next as far as equipment is concerned.

Got my gear too. Nothing from the POD. Wasn’t able to track it. It was overnight delivery and didn’t even show up on my UPS app. I got a laptop, keyboard, mouse, dock, and lock. For some reason I thought we were getting a printer and a shredder too. No clue where I got that idea. Wonder when I get the ID card since it’s all virtual onboarding.

Hey scottyd27. Can we use an alias in this position? I work state level and we are allowed to do so.

Yes, you can use a pseudonym. It Has to be approved by your GM and takes a little time.

If you want to use one I suggest getting it set up right away.

I just started using o e after 5 years. Had an incident with a TP that scared my wife.

Some states you can get the state to surprise you motor vehicle Info surprised.
thanks 4 users thanked scottyd27 for this useful post.
Kate23 on 12/2/2021(UTC), Lexi on 12/2/2021(UTC), MJE on 12/2/2021(UTC), SF3MIA on 12/3/2021(UTC)
Lexi  
#1182 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 6:48:56 AM(UTC)
Lexi

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)

I just got the orientation information and my laptop came today!!! Getting really excited!

Email they sent today about orientation says to expect a call confirming receipt of info so I’m not sure what to expect next as far as equipment is concerned.

Got my gear too. Nothing from the POD. Wasn’t able to track it. It was overnight delivery and didn’t even show up on my UPS app. I got a laptop, keyboard, mouse, dock, and lock. For some reason I thought we were getting a printer and a shredder too. No clue where I got that idea. Wonder when I get the ID card since it’s all virtual onboarding.

Hey scottyd27. Can we use an alias in this position? I work state level and we are allowed to do so.

In the email, regarding orientation, it states we must make appointment within ten days to pick up PIV card at local office. I just got email today, so hopefully I’ll get my equipment soon too. Thanks for the info.

Ohhh. I did not get that email yet.

My manager at my POD did email and call me which was really nice! My equipment came by UPS and did not show up on my UPS app either. I was in the office so I missed it and had to pick it up at a UPS access site. I got the laptop, keyboard, mouse, lock and cords with docking station too. My email regarding the training next week also said we have to schedule to pick up our ID. My POD manager said hopefully we’ll come in and meet everyone. Here in NY covid numbers are rising. In the area I’m at we’re at full capacity for most hospitals so I’m a little nervous going into the office.

Has anyone heard anything about the possible shutdown this Friday? I’ve been reading intermittent things.
thanks 1 user thanked Lexi for this useful post.
SF3MIA on 12/3/2021(UTC)
SF3MIA  
#1183 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 7:00:19 AM(UTC)
SF3MIA

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

In the email, regarding orientation, it states we must make appointment within ten days to pick up PIV card at local office. I just got email today, so hopefully I’ll get my equipment soon too. Thanks for the info.

My manager at my POD did email and call me which was really nice! My equipment came by UPS and did not show up on my UPS app either. I was in the office so I missed it and had to pick it up at a UPS access site. I got the laptop, keyboard, mouse, lock and cords with docking station too. My email regarding the training next week also said we have to schedule to pick up our ID. My POD manager said hopefully we’ll come in and meet everyone. Here in NY covid numbers are rising. In the area I’m at we’re at full capacity for most hospitals so I’m a little nervous going into the office.

Has anyone heard anything about the possible shutdown this Friday? I’ve been reading intermittent things.

Thanks for the info! I’m hoping to hear something from manger soon. Regarding shutdown, it was just announced that leadership from both senate and house reached a deal to fund gov until February 18th.

thanks 1 user thanked SF3MIA for this useful post.
Lexi on 12/2/2021(UTC)
Lexi  
#1184 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 7:25:18 AM(UTC)
Lexi

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Thanks for the info! I’m hoping to hear something from manger soon. Regarding shutdown, it was just announced that leadership from both senate and house reached a deal to fund gov until February 18th.

Yes! Not the best to get a resolution but off sets the worry a bit. Thank you!!
Gal Friday  
#1185 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 8:43:43 AM(UTC)
Gal Friday

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Those computers probably have software that tells your supervisor what you're doing ... or not doing!

Wait, if they had software like that, we would hear back on the jobs faster ... never mind!

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 8:50:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nibler72  
#1186 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:55:16 AM(UTC)
Nibler72

I got selected for a GS13 position. I’m a 12 now with DoD. HR is pretty slow compared to DoD. I have done everything in the onboarding and eqip. I’m just waiting on the firm offer. It’s been 2 weeks since I finished it all. I speak with the person who selected me and he wants me onboard before Christmas but that’s probably a stretch. When are IRS paydays? DoD is on Friday. Congratulations to everyone.
SF3MIA  
#1187 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 10:03:42 AM(UTC)
SF3MIA

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just got my welcome letter and call to confirm address for equipment being sent. I can finally relax and not worry after three months of this looooonng process. If anyone wants to lose their hair more quickly, apply to IRS.

Edited by user Thursday, December 2, 2021 10:05:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MJE  
#1188 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 10:57:39 AM(UTC)
MJE

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, you can use a pseudonym. It Has to be approved by your GM and takes a little time.

I just started using o e after 5 years. Had an incident with a TP that scared my wife.

GM? I’m assuming that means Group Manager? What is the chain of command for us?

MJE  
#1189 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 11:04:54 AM(UTC)
MJE

United States

It’s in the attachment with next weeks schedule, under day one activities.

Didn’t get it in my welcome letter and schedule. It says i’ll receive a conference number in a separate email. Guess I’ll shout out to my contact and see what’s the hold up.
sambajuice  
#1190 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 12:38:14 PM(UTC)
sambajuice

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post

GM? I’m assuming that means Group Manager? What is the chain of command for us?

RO -> On-the-Job Instructor (OJI) -> Group Manager (GM) -> Territory Manager (TM) -> Area Director (AD)
thanks 3 users thanked sambajuice for this useful post.
MJE on 12/2/2021(UTC), TaxRO on 12/2/2021(UTC), SF3MIA on 12/3/2021(UTC)
Northlyn  
#1191 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 9:15:43 PM(UTC)
Northlyn

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: goldscca Go to Quoted Post
I see a lot of people talking about taking the test already and I was wondering if you are all internal or external. I am a GS-11 Auditor for the TTB and I applied for the GS-9 RO position as a TP Vet. On March 9th I received the email stating that my application was received and that "Based upon your on-line questions responses, your application is suitable for further review". Being as I am a current GS11 federal employee, a veteran, and have a master's degree in Forensic Accounting I thought I would have a good shot, but seeing so many talk about taking the exam already, now Im not sure.

I was an internal when I applied for the new job series. Part of that application required the ROSA test. I don't believe I had to take it when I was first hired 13 years ago. I can't swear to it. I remember the job application for an external was incredibly cumbersome. The process has been significantly streamlined.
Don't let yesterday take up too much of today.
Kate23  
#1192 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 9:50:00 AM(UTC)
Kate23

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Finally got my EQIP yesterday! Feeling a little better about everything and hoping for FO soon.
LTE30  
#1193 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 12:04:47 PM(UTC)
LTE30

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kate23 Go to Quoted Post
Finally got my EQIP yesterday! Feeling a little better about everything and hoping for FO soon.

Congratulations, I completed mine Tuesday, hopefully our FO will come this coming week.
thanks 1 user thanked LTE30 for this useful post.
Kate23 on 12/4/2021(UTC)
Sally818  
#1194 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 12:39:21 PM(UTC)
Sally818

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LTE30 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kate23 Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations, I completed mine Tuesday, hopefully our FO will come this coming week.

Yay! Keep us updated!
thanks 1 user thanked Sally818 for this useful post.
Kate23 on 12/4/2021(UTC)
FB  
#1195 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 3:21:02 PM(UTC)
FB

Anyone know how to check when the laptop comes in? I got a call to confirm my address and email but haven't received any tracking.

Edited by user Saturday, December 4, 2021 3:23:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sally818  
#1196 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 6:24:21 AM(UTC)
Sally818

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FB Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know how to check when the laptop comes in? I got a call to confirm my address and email but haven't received any tracking.

I also got the call to confirm my address on Friday but did not get email with tracking. Hopefully it comes today
AllHailTheDead0  
#1197 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 8:19:43 AM(UTC)
AllHailTheDead0

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Today is my start date. Still have not received my laptop for some reason.

EDIT: Guess I need to let IT know they need to mail me a laptop. Not sure why, maybe because I was in a tax exam position and got sent a laptop when covid happened, but since we were not in a telework position we had to bring them back.

Edited by user Monday, December 6, 2021 8:47:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Foggy  
#1198 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2021 2:14:36 PM(UTC)
Foggy

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You can create a free UPS account. I have one and am notified every time they ship something to my address. This is helpful to plan when to be home so you're not out of the house when your equipment comes in.
thanks 1 user thanked Foggy for this useful post.
FB on 12/8/2021(UTC)
teeeeej  
#1199 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2021 7:00:53 AM(UTC)
teeeeej

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AllHailTheDead0 Go to Quoted Post
Today is my start date. Still have not received my laptop for some reason.

EDIT: Guess I need to let IT know they need to mail me a laptop. Not sure why, maybe because I was in a tax exam position and got sent a laptop when covid happened, but since we were not in a telework position we had to bring them back.

You didn't get to keep your laptop? That's so weird.
MJE  
#1200 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2021 2:02:08 PM(UTC)
MJE

United States

So for you 12/6 folks, 3rd day in.....anyone else feel like it's been really disorganized? I guess they are still working through their virutal onboading strategies.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed