Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tumamad165  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:00:24 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CrunchoMunch Go to Quoted Post
I've heard conflicting reports from my sources. One guy who worked in security processing told me it's not as competitive as you think but an analyst told me it is. Does bluedog perhaps know anything?

Are you trying to make a decision on whether to apply for an internship based on anecdotes from this forum? I know decisions can be difficult for gen z...but damn. Just apply and find out

Also security doesn’t see every application for obvious reasons
Bart  
#42 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 6:17:55 PM(UTC)
Bart

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
AS far as diversity is concerned, the agency from what i have heard is making tremendous effort to recruit diverse candidate from minority backgrounds since their image has suffered over the years. The feeling was that very qualified candidates from other backgrounds were passed on for white candidates and that lingers still. The newest ad is the message that senior leadership has now fully invested into and they mean it this time. They are looking for black, indians, chinese, middle eastern and lastly latinos. The "rarer" ones are black and indians (not to confuse with darker skin middle eastern). My source is someone who worked in human capital at the agency but left for a more lucrative salary in the corporate world. That person spent over 10 years there for what it's worth.
thanks 1 user thanked Bart for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/30/2021(UTC)
ktola2000  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 8:40:36 AM(UTC)
ktola2000

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is just my opinion, but it is that Gov't agencies just like corporations feel pressure to "send certain messages" to the masses that they are reformed and will now be hiring "xy&z". The reality is the agency is incredibly competitive to get into regardless of your ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc and this agency as any other private or public entity should be hiring people based on their qualifications and nothing else. ALOT of phone interviews and writing samples are usually the first step in the hiring process, last time I checked the majority of candidates don't get past this process. Also, this step in the process doesn't reveal a person's color, religion, sexual orientation, etc.
thanks 1 user thanked ktola2000 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 8/31/2021(UTC)
Bart  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 8:04:05 PM(UTC)
Bart

United States

I'm all for hiring quality candidates irrespective of race but the trend has been that the agency has favored mostly white candidates. To quote a report "The Agency’s workforce is not diverse. Where diversity can be found, it is not found at all levels of the organization or across occupations … In fact, the more senior the Agency’s workforce is, the less diverse it is."

It further stated that, "Indeed, the young men filling the ranks of CIA’s Clandestine Service have been and remain predominantly Catholic and White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, most still coming from what leadership considered “the best schools and families,” recruited more for their pedigree than their skills or their experience with personal or societal adversity that might steel them for their many difficult missions.

The largest minority or ethnic group at all the intelligence agencies, including the CIA, was Black or African American at 12 per cent followed by Hispanic at seven per cent and Asian at four per cent. A former operations officer, said the old way of thinking at the agency too readily disqualified certain candidates who could be vital to achieving the agency's goals out of suspicion they could still be connected to their native countries. This mindset, she argued, left the agency bankrupt in an important talent asset pool.

The agency is catching up to the diverse American population and taking big steps to hire a workforce that is more representing of the demographic which is commendable. The first step was to open more positions to the public; previously only a few directorates took non federal/military hires. A big focus is now on Asian Americans as the agency moves towards the increased pressure of international spies and attacks. The Asian communities (Chinese, Indian, south east Asian) have been vastly underrepresented and these efforts are to break the wall as the agency moves and redefines itself.

thanks 1 user thanked Bart for this useful post.
rebels8 on 9/1/2021(UTC)
Bart  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 8:13:35 PM(UTC)
Bart

United States

Originally Posted by: ktola2000 Go to Quoted Post
This is just my opinion, but it is that Gov't agencies just like corporations feel pressure to "send certain messages" to the masses that they are reformed and will now be hiring "xy&z". The reality is the agency is incredibly competitive to get into regardless of your ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, etc and this agency as any other private or public entity should be hiring people based on their qualifications and nothing else. ALOT of phone interviews and writing samples are usually the first step in the hiring process, last time I checked the majority of candidates don't get past this process. Also, this step in the process doesn't reveal a person's color, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

While the steps you mentioned do not reveal color, religion, ethnicity, their names, accent etc., could be a dead giveaway. Nowadays they are doing zoom panel interviews; at least that is what I will be doing. Not sure if they are doing zoom for every interviews or what the next steps are after the zoom. Any insights much appreciated.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed