Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArCyber  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 8:57:03 AM(UTC)
ArCyber

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
That is not what he is referring to at all.

Edited by user Friday, May 21, 2021 8:58:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rebels8  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ArCyber Go to Quoted Post

Well I don't know what every acronym means. If it's a step in the application process, then, no, I haven't been there. I asked if he was talking about adjudication because I googled APC and CIA and the only thing that came up involved adjudicators.

Edited by user Friday, May 21, 2021 12:43:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
velcroTech  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 4:16:06 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

Well I don't know what every acronym means. If it's a step in the application process, then, no, I haven't been there. I asked if he was talking about adjudication because I googled APC and CIA and the only thing that came up involved adjudicators.

APC= Applicant Processing Center. They provide a bunch of these metrics.
thanks 1 user thanked velcroTech for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/21/2021(UTC)
rebels8  
#24 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2021 10:33:51 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

Oh APC is like CPC for DIA? I should have realized. lol Does APC give out these statistics to applicants if they make it far enough in the process? I thought that these statistics were officially confidential and Bird Dog just heard it through the grape vine.

Edited by user Friday, May 21, 2021 10:34:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#MMlivesmatter
tumamad165  
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 1:34:55 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Oh APC is like CPC for DIA? I should have realized. lol Does APC give out these statistics to applicants if they make it far enough in the process? I thought that these statistics were officially confidential and Bird Dog just heard it through the grape vine.

The only way you’re ever going to get those stats is by joining the responsible HR team. You seem very curious about every aspect of processing. If you’re so interested in knowing, I recommend applying rather than soliciting info that ppl are rightfully reticent to provide.
rebels8  
#26 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: tumamad165 Go to Quoted Post

The only way you’re ever going to get those stats is by joining the responsible HR team. You seem very curious about every aspect of processing. If you’re so interested in knowing, I recommend applying rather than soliciting info that ppl are rightfully reticent to provide.

I didn't ask how many applications the CIA receives a month.
And Bird Dog didn't have to say how many applications there are per month if he thought it was too sensitive to give out on an open forum. I asked the question about narrowing down the number of applications simply because I thought that Bird Dog might have some idea
#MMlivesmatter
ArCyber  
#27 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 8:41:01 PM(UTC)
ArCyber

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Like I said earlier in this thread you are constantly over reaching for sensitive information about every myriad aspects of CIA recruitment - it comes off as either a really poor attempt by a FI service to scrape to glean information about the process on a public forum, or just someone with little to no understanding of OPSEC. I fear it’s the latter even though I believe recalling you are already in the IC. Your posts reek of desperation to get into the agency and that’s not really a great vibe to give off. My .02
CrunchoMunch  
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2021 10:51:44 PM(UTC)
CrunchoMunch

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm curious about their diversity efforts. Is the CIA actually interested in improving diversity or is it all pretense? Also do people with disabilities or unconventional ways of thinking face barriers in the polygraph process?
tumamad165  
#29 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 4:35:33 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Originally Posted by: CrunchoMunch Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious about their diversity efforts. Is the CIA actually interested in improving diversity or is it all pretense? Also do people with disabilities or unconventional ways of thinking face barriers in the polygraph process?

Definitely serious about diversity from what I’ve seen and ppl I’ve worked with. As far as the poly, apply and find out. Can’t let that discourage you from taking a chance on it. And if it doesn’t work out, there are many more public service options...hop on usajobs.
thanks 1 user thanked tumamad165 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/24/2021(UTC)
CrunchoMunch  
#30 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 4:45:37 AM(UTC)
CrunchoMunch

United States

Then why has the agency struggled so much to recruit and retain diverse candidates in the past despite saying for years that they will improve it? Also would you happen to know any general numbers regarding internship applications ?
tumamad165  
#31 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 6:35:38 AM(UTC)
tumamad165

Then why has the agency struggled so much to recruit and retain diverse candidates in the past despite saying for years that they will improve it? Also would you happen to know any general numbers regarding internship applications ?

Are you a reporter? I’m not trying to defend cia’s reputation on diversity so you can save the tough questions for your recruiter lol, I’m sure they’ll love it

Internships are very competitive across the IC, even more so than permanent positions. Apply without expectations
velcroTech  
#32 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 8:46:41 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Where did you pull this statistic from?
CrunchoMunch  
#33 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 8:51:39 AM(UTC)
CrunchoMunch

United States

Read all of the newspaper articles concerning the CIA's recruitment ad 'woke' and you'll see. To the poster above, what makes you say internships are more competitive than permanent positions? If anything I would think the opposite concerning the amount of college students smoking and not passing background checks.
velcroTech  
#34 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 9:30:21 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Read all of the newspaper articles concerning the CIA's recruitment ad 'woke' and you'll see. To the poster above, what makes you say internships are more competitive than permanent positions? If anything I would think the opposite concerning the amount of college students smoking and not passing background checks.

That isn't evidence there has ever been difficulty recruiting. That is just CIA confirming their commitment and trying to project a message, like what they are really good at.
CrunchoMunch  
#35 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:09:04 AM(UTC)
CrunchoMunch

United States

https://time.com/3941782...sity-recruitment-report/ Here is your evidence. Can we get back to my original question please rather than this tangent? To the poster above, why would internships be more competitive than permanent posts?
thanks 1 user thanked CrunchoMunch for this useful post.
velcroTech on 5/24/2021(UTC)
JustaDude  
#36 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:15:50 AM(UTC)
JustaDude

https://time.com/3941782/cia-diversity-recruitment-report/ Here is your evidence. Can we get back to my original question please rather than this tangent? To the poster above, why would internships be more competitive than permanent posts?

Realize that there are thousands of applicants for a student internship. It is not just one person or a couple of students. You have to realize there are far more people like you that are looking at internships.
rebels8  
#37 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:18:56 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Like I said earlier in this thread you are constantly over reaching for sensitive information about every myriad aspects of CIA recruitment - it comes off as either a really poor attempt by a FI service to scrape to glean information about the process on a public forum, or just someone with little to no understanding of OPSEC. I fear it’s the latter even though I believe recalling you are already in the IC. Your posts reek of desperation to get into the agency and that’s not really a great vibe to give off. My .02

I'm quite mindful of OPSEC. But I simply respond to what people post on this forum. They don't have to answer my questions if they don't know the answer or if they feel the information is too sensitive to share on an open forum. And I wouldn't be surprised if most people who apply to the agency are desperate to get in the agency unless they're just applying for kicks, which very well could be most people who apply.
#MMlivesmatter
rebels8  
#38 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 10:28:32 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Well the CIA and other intelligence agencies want more job applicants whose family come from strategically important countries. But those job applicants often face exorbitantly long background investigations or are even denied a security clearance.
#MMlivesmatter
tumamad165  
#39 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 5:06:30 PM(UTC)
tumamad165

Originally Posted by: JustaDude Go to Quoted Post
https://time.com/3941782/cia-diversity-recruitment-report/ Here is your evidence. Can we get back to my original question please rather than this tangent? To the poster above, why would internships be more competitive than permanent posts?

Realize that there are thousands of applicants for a student internship. It is not just one person or a couple of students. You have to realize there are far more people like you that are looking at internships.

What he said. I can’t speak for how it is now, but I knew that I wanted to work for the gov in some capacity so didn’t use drugs in college, well other than alcohol lol. So point is, there’s got to be plenty of ppl with a cleanish background and minimal foreign travel at age 21-22. Sorry to depress...but very limited intern positions for a pretty large applicant pool. I remember when I was applying for an IC internship, I didn’t even get an interview. But then ended up with a permanent gig so there ya go.
thanks 1 user thanked tumamad165 for this useful post.
rebels8 on 5/24/2021(UTC)
CrunchoMunch  
#40 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 5:52:21 PM(UTC)
CrunchoMunch

United States

I've heard conflicting reports from my sources. One guy who worked in security processing told me it's not as competitive as you think but an analyst told me it is. Does bluedog perhaps know anything?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed