Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeCarrier  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2021 8:17:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Why isn't anybody answering the phones? I have a question about the Disability Earnings Survey online. Step 1 report all earned income for 2020. Do I input the Gross Distributions (box 1) from the 1099-R as earned income since I'm under age 62? My distribution code is 3-Disability and as I understand it, the IRS says it's reportable income. On the OPM's website it says not to report VA, SS, etc and annuities. The 1099-r is a statement of annuity. Very Confused...help
JoeCarrier  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:53:51 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I called over the last few days to the retirement center and nobody answering the phone. Can someone from OPM make a response as to why? Is there another phone number other than the one listed. I even called the OPM Director's Office and left a message. Is this the new JOE BIDEN government of no response...lol
GWPDA  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 10:07:17 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Was thanked: 561 time(s) in 462 post(s)
This is longtime practice within OPM Retirement center. From 2016, "OPM Retirement Services has 1 customer service rep for every 27K annuitants" - "Roughly 28 percent — or 540,000 — of the 1.9 million phone calls that annuitants made to OPM’s Retirement Information Office in fiscal 2015 went unanswered, according to a report from the agency’s Office of Inspector General. That’s worse than the previous year’s numbers, when 24 percent of the 1.67 million phone calls were abandoned.

About 22 percent of respondents to Retirement Services’ Customer Satisfaction Survey said phone lines to OPM’s toll-free line rang without an answer or stayed busy, and 25 percent said they waited on hold for long periods of time.

The agency added more phone lines so annuitants could more easily reach a customer service representative. But the inspector general says OPM doesn’t have enough staff to manage so many calls from its 2.6 million annuitants."

Not enough staff, staff under trained - it's going to take a while to recover from the last four years.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed