Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Boeing  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 6:50:05 PM(UTC)
Boeing

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently applied for a cyber all-source intel officer/analyst contractor position with DIA, but the position itself is located at Ft. Meade. I can't seem to find much info on what this job really entails/is like. Curious if anyone else has worked as a DIA intel analyst at Ft. Meade and could tell what it's like generally, how it compares to being at HQ, etc.

Edit: after some feedback here, I realize that my question is probably better posed as: what is it like working for DIA at/in support of a CoCOM vs at DIA HQ? Are you still working closely with the analysts at HQ or and integrated into broader IC or are you sort of silo'd?

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:06:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Comments/feedback indicated I incorrectly posed this question and so I have tried to correct ot

velcroTech  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:41:17 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 42 post(s)
How do you know its at DISA?
rebels8  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 12:55:28 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 168 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Boeing Go to Quoted Post
I recently applied for a cyber all-source intel officer/analyst position with DIA, but the position itself is located at Ft. Meade. I can't seem to find much info on what this job really entails/is like. Curious if anyone else has worked as a DIA intel analyst at DISA/DODIN and could tell what it's like generally, how it compares to being at HQ, etc.

Does the job listing specifically say that the position is located at DISA? If not, I would assume that the position is located at CYBERCOM, which is headquartered at Fort Meade.
#MMlivesmatter
Boeing  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 3:07:18 AM(UTC)
Boeing

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Boeing Go to Quoted Post
I recently applied for a cyber all-source intel officer/analyst position with DIA, but the position itself is located at Ft. Meade. I can't seem to find much info on what this job really entails/is like. Curious if anyone else has worked as a DIA intel analyst at DISA/DODIN and could tell what it's like generally, how it compares to being at HQ, etc.

Does the job listing specifically say that the position is located at DISA? If not, I would assume that the position is located at CYBERCOM, which is headquartered at Fort Meade.

The job listing said that it is in jfhq-dodin. That's the DISA building, no? Maybe I've made an incorrect assumption and my question is, more generally, what's it like working at DIA at Ft Meade?
someoldguy  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 4:41:52 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1001 time(s) in 845 post(s)
DISA is an independent agency but the director of DISA is also the commander of JFHQ-DODIN which somehow falls under Cyber Command. DIA has people at the intelligence directorates (J2) of all the various commands (CENTCOM, EUCOM, TRANSCOM etc) so maybe they have people at JFHQ-DODIN J2 also?

So if this is correct, then I suppose working at JFHQ-DODIN HQ would be more or less like being at CENTCOM J2 or EUCOM J2 or something like that.

Was this position listed on the DIA jobs site?

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 4:44:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added an afterthought

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Boeing  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 8:18:20 PM(UTC)
Boeing

United States

No, it was a contractor position.
Boeing  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:00:04 PM(UTC)
Boeing

United States

No, it was a contractor position.
buckaneers  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:27:32 AM(UTC)
buckaneers

United States

Was thanked: 267 time(s) in 196 post(s)
It depends on the COCOM, some are more fun to work at than others. A lot of people want to work in the COCOMs overseas because they get to travel and stay abroad. The good news is that their main missions are operational rather than strategic, so if you don't have that experience, that's a great way to get it. The bad news is that their main missions are operational rather than strategic, so your work won't go far beyond your principal (commander) and the rigor of those products won't be as good since they are done in short order. Internal culture and practices also differ a lot from mainstream agency culture and practices.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 31, 2021 6:28:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked buckaneers for this useful post.
rebels8 on 3/31/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed