Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AFRIC  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 8:18:58 PM(UTC)
AFRIC

Groups: Registered

Anyone else make the bonehead move of not attaching your VA disability letter when applying for a job šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Attached the SF-15, but since I was rushing to apply I forgot the letter from the VA. Just happened to be searching and found one to apply for. Applied with 26 seconds left!
TheUnderverse15  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 2:36:10 AM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AFRIC Go to Quoted Post
Anyone else make the bonehead move of not attaching your VA disability letter when applying for a job šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø. Attached the SF-15, but since I was rushing to apply I forgot the letter from the VA. Just happened to be searching and found one to apply for. Applied with 26 seconds left!

Can't say I have. The first thing you really do is make sure all your forms are attached.

With 26 seconds left...you had no time to look over anything. Tough but probably get another shot oraybe HR ask for your document.
AFRIC  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 6:09:53 AM(UTC)
AFRIC

Originally Posted by: TheUnderverse15 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AFRIC Go to Quoted Post

Can't say I have. The first thing you really do is make sure all your forms are attached.

With 26 seconds left...you had no time to look over anything. Tough but probably get another shot oraybe HR ask for your document.

I normally triple check, but just had no time. I think I found the job around 11:45, and started applying. My systems was ridiculously slow as well. If Iā€™m lucky, HR will ask for the forum.

smithandjones  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 5:40:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Just a bad situation. Maybe try to send it by another channel? I've always been attentive to SF-15 documentation. What I hate is recently I received a "not qualified" because I didn't attach a college transcript when the announcement didn't require it. No request to submit - just nope.
10years2retire  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 10:42:28 AM(UTC)
10years2retire

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
If they want it, they will ask you for it. I have both the SF15 and the VA letter in one PDF, so I just check the box and off they go
Rss Feed  Atom Feed