Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
QDF335  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2021 11:11:44 PM(UTC)
QDF335

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I recently interviewed for a Consumer Safety Officer position with the FDA. The job description provided by the FDA seems extremely generic. From my understanding, the day to day work and responsibilities can vary greatly depending on the specialty area.

Based upon the interview, I would be assigned to the Imports division at a land port of entry on the northern border. Most of the information on the job I have found relates to assignments other than the imports division. Can anyone please give me any additional insight into what day to day work is like, how much domestic/foreign travel can I expect, and what kind of hours should I expect to work?

The interviewing management was helpful, and the job sounded fairly interesting; however, I assume they're not going to tell me if it's a terrible job. I have other pokers in the fire and want to make sure this position is a good fit. I am presently a Federal employee outside of HHS with no real scientific or medical background. I previously worked in law enforcement and have more recently conducted regulatory investigations and enforcement for the past few years with another agency. I was concerned this would be limiting to future career advancement and my success in the position, but the hiring manager didn't seem too concerned.

I am looking to change jobs for relocation purposes. Additionally, I would ideally like to have a job with a bit more day to day variety in responsibilities, and spend more time doing "field" work.

Thanks for your help
Rss Feed  Atom Feed