Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ihatemanagement  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 4:18:18 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I’m a APBS operator on tour 2 and I’m on the 10,12, and offday list. Can management tell me to go home after 8 hours and have someone from outside my section work their offday in my section on the next tour without having me stay 12 hours? Our tours ET and BT at the same time(1550). Thank in advance.

Edited by user Saturday, April 10, 2021 5:34:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MPE2009  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 8:32:22 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 641 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ihatemanagement Go to Quoted Post
I’m a APBS operator on tour 2 and I’m on the 10,12, and offday list. Can management tell me to go home after 8 hours and have someone from outside my section work their offday in my section on the next tour without having me stay 12 hours? Our tours ET and BT at the same time(1550). Thank in advance.

Yes, unless your LMOU somehow prohibits it.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Ihatemanagement on 4/10/2021(UTC)
Ihatemanagement  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 10:12:37 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post

Just went by my union office and grabbed the local. It says overtime is by section and tour and overtime must be fully utilized within a section before allowing any overtime from outside the section. Looks like I’ll get free money again.
MPE2009  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 1:19:03 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 641 time(s) in 520 post(s)

Just went by my union office and grabbed the local. It says overtime is by section and tour and overtime must be fully utilized within a section before allowing any overtime from outside the section. Looks like I’ll get free money again.

As I understood your original post, the person in question is from the tour following yours. They're going to argue that you are each on separate tours and they are not obligated to keep you in an overtime status into the next tour. I'd think anybody on the other tour, in that section, not being brought in for day off overtime would be the grievant. Does your LMOU require overtime to be balanced between tours and sections?
Ihatemanagement  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 10, 2021 11:47:40 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

As I understood your original post, the person in question is from the tour following yours. They're going to argue that you are each on separate tours and they are not obligated to keep you in an overtime status into the next tour. I'd think anybody on the other tour, in that section, not being brought in for day off overtime would be the grievant. Does your LMOU require overtime to be balanced between tours and sections?

It says that overtime has to be given by( in this order):
-outgoing tour
-incoming tour
-general clerk/secretary
-bmeu clerks

My union steward( another one) says the way the LMOU is written it’s stating because I’m already on the clock and available for overtime, they can’t send me home, then have the general clerk ( that they’ve told the previous day) from the next tour come into my section to work his off day( overtime) before fully utilizing the ODL in my section.

Ihatemanagement  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 11:11:05 PM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Just to update, my manager settled and I won both grievances.

One was for what was in the OP. Concerning my LMOU, they have to Max the section’s ODL prior to having employees from outside the section work overtime there.

I also one money on a pse coming in on my tour( for the next) on their offday and them Not letting me stay overtime. Before they can give a pse any overtime in my section, they have to Max the list.

Surprisingly enough my manager settled within an hour of getting the step 1. I’ll get paid for 8 hours of OT and I have two make up days for 4 hours of overtime a piece.
thanks 1 user thanked Ihatemanagement for this useful post.
Taitai :-] on 4/18/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed