Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seadogg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 8:50:46 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 616 time(s) in 437 post(s)
Has anyone found a smaller, lighter shoe for carriers? Ideally something that could breathe a little? I like Rocky but they are heavy and hot in the summer, and they don't fit in my rubbers. I used to like the new balance but they seem to be discontinued.
HoosierDaddy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:15:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Try the Thorogood Code 3 Mid Cut. Comfortable from day 1. Every other postal shoe I tried gave me blisters when I was breaking them in, never had a problem with the Code 3's

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:21:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG29PVMtAWE
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Seadogg on 5/2/2021(UTC)
Kickjump  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 10:18:06 AM(UTC)
Kickjump

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 22 post(s)
One doctors note per year can get you to wear any shoe you prefer to walk miles a day in.
Ar509  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:13:47 PM(UTC)
Ar509

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Seadogg Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone found a smaller, lighter shoe for carriers? Ideally something that could breathe a little? I like Rocky but they are heavy and hot in the summer, and they don't fit in my rubbers. I used to like the new balance but they seem to be discontinued.

I've tried most and the most comfortable lightweight postal approved shoe I found is New Balance walking shoe.

roger.d  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:08:50 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 1010 time(s) in 816 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kickjump Go to Quoted Post
One doctors note per year can get you to wear any shoe you prefer to walk miles a day in.

As long as you have the same make/model shoe as your medically necessary note says, there should be no reason for a new note each year.

I only know of 1 person in my office having such note. But there are many that don't wear "postal" shoes.

Edited by user Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:10:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Those who are, know those who are not.

If you think they are after you, what did you do wrong?
John Henry  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 7:49:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 170 time(s) in 147 post(s)
First with the DPS increase in route sizes and now the COVID mandatory 12 for 6 days a week a park & loop carrier can easily go through 6 pairs of the cheapest green tagged shoes a year. At a $100 for the a pair and a $400 clothing allowance the math just doesn't add up. It breaks my heart to see the worn out yet only authorized shoes tearing their feet apart.

Many tell the story of supervisors coming to inspect your shoes after a trip and fall but seeing nothing at all other times unless a customer calls in about the corporate logo. And I have heard the stories of people saying they will drag a compound fracture back to the LLV and force on their inspection shoes even if the pain kills them.

The service needs some Sergeants with the authority to just trade in that old worn out stuff for a new pair like we would a satchel. Because no matter how big an allowance we get the vendor will just raise their prices to match the increase.
thanks 2 users thanked for this useful post.
Kickjump on 5/3/2021(UTC), The Postmaster on 5/8/2021(UTC)
122intheshade  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 4:24:55 PM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 520 post(s)
I tried the "official" New Balance walking shoes with my first allowance years ago. Two weeks later, I could barely walk.

Gave them away and went back to my "street" New Balance 608s. I buy 'em a size too big and use the Thorogood inserts to cushion my feet.

I buy at least two pair at a time ($40-$60 each), and switch them every other day. I usually get a year or so out of two pair.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
The Postmaster  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 7:58:21 AM(UTC)
The Postmaster

Man
United States

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 109 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Henry Go to Quoted Post
First with the DPS increase in route sizes and now the COVID mandatory 12 for 6 days a week a park & loop carrier can easily go through 6 pairs of the cheapest green tagged shoes a year. At a $100 for the a pair and a $400 clothing allowance the math just doesn't add up. It breaks my heart to see the worn out yet only authorized shoes tearing their feet apart.

Many tell the story of supervisors coming to inspect your shoes after a trip and fall but seeing nothing at all other times unless a customer calls in about the corporate logo. And I have heard the stories of people saying they will drag a compound fracture back to the LLV and force on their inspection shoes even if the pain kills them.

The service needs some Sergeants with the authority to just trade in that old worn out stuff for a new pair like we would a satchel. Because no matter how big an allowance we get the vendor will just raise their prices to match the increase.

You make excellent points. True, there are a lot of personal choices. It just does not seem right when the other carriers have better issue gear than you do. Problem too is that there are uneven enforcement of the rules.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed