Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
am2018  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 7:28:00 PM(UTC)
am2018

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all!

I joined the DoD as a GS 9, with a Bachelor's degree and 1.5 years of experience in mid-2019. After reaching GS 11, I got converted into the CCAS NH Pay Scale and they converted me into a high NH 02 (GS 11 Equivalent). I am now completing my Master's (part-time: alongside my government job) in Aug 2021.

Will my completion of my Masters give me a basis to ask for a raise? At that point, in August 2021, I will have my Bachelors and Masters degrees and 3.5 years of experience in the workforce. I am unsure if the government would be willing to bump me to a low NH 3 (GS 12), or the highest NH 2 (GS 11 Step 10).

Can someone help me clarify my question? Please note, I had one year as a GS 9, a portion of a year as a GS 11 before they converted me to NH 02, and this July 2021, will be my two-year mark.

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 7:30:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ex-military  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 3:30:09 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Originally Posted by: am2018 Go to Quoted Post
Hello all!

I joined the DoD as a GS 9, with a Bachelor's degree and 1.5 years of experience in mid-2019. After reaching GS 11, I got converted into the CCAS NH Pay Scale and they converted me into a high NH 02 (GS 11 Equivalent). I am now completing my Master's (part-time: alongside my government job) in Aug 2021.

Will my completion of my Masters give me a basis to ask for a raise? At that point, in August 2021, I will have my Bachelors and Masters degrees and 3.5 years of experience in the workforce. I am unsure if the government would be willing to bump me to a low NH 3 (GS 12), or the highest NH 2 (GS 11 Step 10).

Can someone help me clarify my question? Please note, I had one year as a GS 9, a portion of a year as a GS 11 before they converted me to NH 02, and this July 2021, will be my two-year mark.

Unless the position has a grade progression (GS 9-11-12, etc), the answer is "no". Just completing an advanced degree doesn't qualify you for a salary increase. You can apply to other positions, but the Masters as a basis for asking for a raise is a hard no. The federal system is not set up for people to just ask for or grant non-regular salary bumps.
dashplus1  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 2:51:28 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm not aware of DoDEA having any NH pay scales, only GS and TP (teachers). Teachers have their own rules for pay setting.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed