Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papoose79  
#21 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 10:28:30 AM(UTC)
Papoose79

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 53 post(s)
Originally Posted by: isaken Go to Quoted Post
I feel you, I have also been waiting almost 2 months after being referred to a different position. When I contacted the HR department, they told me to wait 4 more weeks.

Honestly if you are ok doing the other job you were referred to I would take it as you wait for the job you want!
isaken  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:09:26 AM(UTC)
isaken

Man
United States

So the IRS is weird, I was referred for an IR01 position and for the same position at a lower pay grade was not referred. It said that I didn't meet the minimum qualifications. So how am I best qualified for the higher level position, but no qualified for the lower level one.
glitch  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:40:23 AM(UTC)
glitch

isaken, I had the same exact issue when applying for the lower grade announcements and never would get referred. Those announcements also had far more openings. The best I'd previously gotten and on only one occasion was a rating given to me which was a Category B. I've applied for the IRS openings for several years now with no success. I emailed the HR listed on the job announcement that I am currently referred to asking to see if there are any updates. The job announcement had an estimated start date of June and we are almost already into August. How long did it take for them to respond to you?
isaken  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2021 11:59:32 AM(UTC)
isaken

Man
United States

I had to send 2 separate emails in regards to the job, with a total of 3 weeks for a reply.
isaken  
#25 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 8:58:28 AM(UTC)
isaken

Man
United States

So yesterday, I got an email saying the external posting for the position I had applied for was cancelled and it reflects not hired on the application website.
glitch  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2021 10:48:04 AM(UTC)
glitch

Oh no! I'm sorry about that happening to you! It seems like it took so long only to get a cancellation notice. I've had this happen to me before even after I had gotten interviewed for the position. Don't give up and keep applying sometimes it just takes a while to get what you want.
glitch  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2021 11:25:59 AM(UTC)
glitch

It's been awhile and there's nothing new to report. I emailed the HR listed on the announcement three weeks ago and didn't never got a response. Both of my referrals haven't changed in status. The last I got any news at all was over a month ago for the second announcement and over two months on the other. The job announcements had June and July as anticipated start dates so I'm hoping they are just running really behind and haven't made their selections yet.
glitch  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 9:17:22 AM(UTC)
glitch

I've also just recently gotten referred for another 35 openings to my second choice POD. My first choice wasn't available on this latest announcement. Also, I'm not sure if this announcement was to fill an additional 35 positions to the original 40 position announcement. The locations that I would consider the prime locations were no longer available so I'm thinking that everyone selected the most popular spots on the original announcement and not enough candidates were interested in some of the remaining locations. In any case, I'm now referred for 90 vacancies that were posted across three different announcements as a Category A TP Vet. The first closed in early April. The second in early May, and the third in early June. I'd have to move if selected for my second choice since I'm way out of the required 150 mile radius.
glitch  
#29 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 12:16:15 PM(UTC)
glitch

The six month register closed at the end of September and I haven't gotten any updates so I'm assuming that I was selected on that announcement. Also, the second referral that I have is for over 90 days ago and I haven't gotten any word on that one either. I'm guessing that if I end up getting interviewed/selected at all it'll be for my backup location which was on the third referral that I got at the end of August.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed