Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wiregh0st  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 12:57:55 PM(UTC)
wiregh0st

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all,

I joined the Navy straight out of high school. Never had any infractions while in the Navy and received a medical honorable discharge. I am now 24 and have completed college, thus I am looking for a job. The company I received an offer from requires an interim clearance and eventually TS for my position. When I was in high school (14/15 years old), I made a stupid mistake and stole an iPad from another student. I was charged with petty larceny (misdemeanor) and completed what was required of me by the courts. I have not had any offenses since then and would never do anything like this ever again. When I joined the Navy, I reported this on the SF86, as well as reporting a one time use of marijuana. Moving forward, I intend to report these same occurrences on the SF86 I will be required to fill out for this position so that I may receive an interim clearance and hopefully, a TS clearance. Is it likely I could be denied either based on my history? Thank you for your replies.
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2021 4:39:42 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1010 time(s) in 854 post(s)
Given your age at the time and how long it has been since then, I doubt this would be an issue. Interims were getting pretty tight there for a while but based on what I hear it sounds like they are loosening up again.

I would not count on an interim TS though, that is a pretty rare bird. Doesnt sound like that is what you are looking for anyway.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
wiregh0st on 6/23/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed