Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

18 Pages«<161718
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Woody87  
#341 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2022 12:23:32 PM(UTC)
Woody87

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Audits4Life Go to Quoted Post
Is anyone else waiting for word since medical follow ups? Its been almost 2 months since I submitted all my follow ups and still no word one way or the other. CHS advised they had sent everything to IRS and couldn't release any other info. It was going really fast... until it wasn't.

Yep. Stuck in limbo.
TXofc92  
#342 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 1:02:38 AM(UTC)
TXofc92

Man
United States

Since this one is in later stages, I have a question regarding the medical testing. Do they have regional places they conduct the vision and hearing from? I did a hearing with BOP but I'm at a medical center that already has one so they did their own. I'm a bit nervous my tinnitus will cause a failed hearing test and prevent me from continuing.
Woody87  
#343 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 3:04:47 AM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TXofc92 Go to Quoted Post
Since this one is in later stages, I have a question regarding the medical testing. Do they have regional places they conduct the vision and hearing from? I did a hearing with BOP but I'm at a medical center that already has one so they did their own. I'm a bit nervous my tinnitus will cause a failed hearing test and prevent me from continuing.

They tested me from a local place. If you have any medical issues, prepare for a very long wait. I had my medical done at the end of December and had two follow ups and I’m still waiting to see if I cleared. My advice - make sure everything is done thoroughly or it will only extend the process out. I had to see three separate doctors for my follow ups (one I had never seen before) and two out of three didn’t provide enough “clinical evidence” for signing off on my forms. So just literally sit with your doctors and make sure they turn everything in.
thanks 2 users thanked Woody87 for this useful post.
TXofc92 on 4/4/2022(UTC), Audits4Life on 4/4/2022(UTC)
HockeySticks  
#344 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 7:51:06 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

If you applied, for example, the Los Angeles metro area, is there a way you can get Santa Ana instead of Los Angeles?
dubyac  
#345 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 8:19:19 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HockeySticks Go to Quoted Post
If you applied, for example, the Los Angeles metro area, is there a way you can get Santa Ana instead of Los Angeles?

In your example, did you list Santa Ana in your location preferences? If not, you most likely won't get Santa Ana. Santa Ana is part of the LA Field Office though, so a transfer to it would be pretty easy simple after a few years.

Edit: I've not seen an announcement say LA Metro Area before, but it's possible that's new. I've usually seen either "LA Field Office" which would include the Santa Ana POD and could be offered, or LA POD, which would not include Santa Ana.

Edited by user Thursday, April 7, 2022 8:25:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HockeySticks  
#346 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 11:46:38 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post

In your example, did you list Santa Ana in your location preferences? If not, you most likely won't get Santa Ana. Santa Ana is part of the LA Field Office though, so a transfer to it would be pretty easy simple after a few years.

Edit: I've not seen an announcement say LA Metro Area before, but it's possible that's new. I've usually seen either "LA Field Office" which would include the Santa Ana POD and could be offered, or LA POD, which would not include Santa Ana.

Yea this announcement has Metro areas on it, while the more current announcements you can choose Santa Ana, for example. Not really a big deal, I’d just prefer not to have a long commute everyday. Is it still work from home/have there been any discussions on the future of telework within CI for special agents?
dubyac  
#347 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 1:02:01 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Yea this announcement has Metro areas on it, while the more current announcements you can choose Santa Ana, for example. Not really a big deal, I’d just prefer not to have a long commute everyday. Is it still work from home/have there been any discussions on the future of telework within CI for special agents?

I think Santa Ana might be a possibility. Definitely something to bring up if it’s possible.

IRS has a return to office plan, where we’ll be back in June. Telework policy is being reworked but will still be possible.
FL1811  
#348 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2022 1:58:26 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

It's up to what the SAC of that FO wants to do. There was another FO that posted a general metro area on a previous posting and all the offers were for the main FO office, so in your situation it would be like the downtown LA office. You can ask in the interview and they should be able to tell you.
cmor5150  
#349 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2022 10:36:23 AM(UTC)
cmor5150

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How long does it typically take for results from the interview? Took it this morning.
ronald_mcdonald  
#350 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2022 10:49:26 AM(UTC)
ronald_mcdonald

United States

I interviewed recently and was told by early next month as they have a bunch of interviews to get through. I don't know if that's region specific or not.
cmor5150  
#351 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 5:35:58 AM(UTC)
cmor5150

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Can anyone explain their experience working with IRS CI? I’m in process with three agencies right now and can’t decide if this is the right agency for me or not. I just finished my interview with irs so i think i have a pretty good shot at getting a TO. I have 8 years narcotics experience including money laundering cases and not sure if my experience/passion for drug cases will translate to a enjoyable 1811 career or not with IRS. 
HockeySticks  
#352 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 2:34:39 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

How do most of you hit your 50 hours per week? Do you typically work 8-4:30 in the office, then do another 2 at home?
dubyac  
#353 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 4:05:09 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Originally Posted by: cmor5150 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone explain their experience working with IRS CI? I’m in process with three agencies right now and can’t decide if this is the right agency for me or not. I just finished my interview with irs so i think i have a pretty good shot at getting a TO. I have 8 years narcotics experience including money laundering cases and not sure if my experience/passion for drug cases will translate to a enjoyable 1811 career or not with IRS. 

Up front: No, I don't think so.

Longer answer: You'd probably enjoy working in our HIDTA/OCDETF groups that work on money laundering cases, including narcotics. Even with that experience you'd probably be assigned to a tax group to work tax cases and it would be a few years before you could transfer. If you like financial investigations and can stick it out for a few years, then maybe it's for you, but it took one of my co-agents three years to get a spot.

PM me if you want more specifics.
dubyac  
#354 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2022 4:12:18 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

How do most of you hit your 50 hours per week? Do you typically work 8-4:30 in the office, then do another 2 at home?

It's usually up to you how. If you're coming into the office, you're usually coming in early or staying late or both. You have to hit an average of 10 hours a day for the year, not an absolute 10 hours every day. Work a bit on the weekend, volunteer for your other agent's warrants, do a few long days of field work. You can have a 16 hour day if you're doing an early morning arrest plus an initial appearance, or a search warrant
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
GH on 4/10/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed