Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

18 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SeekingNewOpps  
#261 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 8:20:17 AM(UTC)
SeekingNewOpps

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good to know! Thanks!

My contact at IRS said that he expected I'd have a final offer by the end of Jan (with 1/5/22 medical appt) and then expected class date in Feb or Mar.... sounds like that might be pushed back a couple of weeks based on your info, but hopefully we all find out soon. Good luck!!
GH  
#262 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:28:19 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Originally Posted by: SeekingNewOpps Go to Quoted Post
Good to know! Thanks!

My contact at IRS said that he expected I'd have a final offer by the end of Jan (with 1/5/22 medical appt) and then expected class date in Feb or Mar.... sounds like that might be pushed back a couple of weeks based on your info, but hopefully we all find out soon. Good luck!!

Was this your HR contact or POD contact?
SeekingNewOpps  
#263 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2022 10:37:57 AM(UTC)
SeekingNewOpps

United States

My POD contact. I haven't been able to get in contact with anyone in HR. I've emailed them about two issues during the process and didn't hear back on either topic.
thanks 1 user thanked SeekingNewOpps for this useful post.
GH on 1/20/2022(UTC)
bigunderstand  
#264 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 3:21:41 PM(UTC)
bigunderstand

United States

I received a packet from CHS with my lab results but there is no indication as to whether or not I am all clear or whether or not I have any follow ups. Does anyone know what to expect in terms of a timeline
HockeySticks  
#265 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2022 4:27:57 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

If you didn’t specifically get anything that said you needed to follow up on, I am assuming you are cleared. I received stuff they specifically wanted me to follow up on and had to have a doctor fill out a form.
sambajuice  
#266 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2022 4:35:07 PM(UTC)
sambajuice

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bigunderstand Go to Quoted Post
I received a packet from CHS with my lab results but there is no indication as to whether or not I am all clear or whether or not I have any follow ups. Does anyone know what to expect in terms of a timeline

Did this come through ups? Still waiting on results..
GH  
#267 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 5:37:15 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Are medical results always sent out? My exam was at the end of December and I haven't heard anything specifically on the medical but have had other tasks assigned and completed since then.
Want2b_1811  
#268 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 9:08:56 AM(UTC)
Want2b_1811

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had my medical exam first week of January. Received notifications of follow ups a week after my exam. They received one of the follow ups the week before, and another one last week.
Received an email that I’m expecting a package from CHS. For anyone who went through the hiring process before, if you don’t care to chime in, do you typically receive notice from CHS after submitting your follow up documents?. Thanks in advance.
dubyac  
#269 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 11:40:40 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 81 post(s)
I had to send in follow up for my LASIK.

I don’t recall if CHS ever sent me a letter regarding the LASIK forms, and I don’t see that I ever got an email from CHS regarding them. I think I called them to confirm they received the follow up documents.

Ideally, once you complete the medical you get a packet with the results that clearly states if you’re cleared for duty or not (and if not what follow ups you would need to do).

Want2b_1811  
#270 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:03:39 PM(UTC)
Want2b_1811

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post

I don’t recall if CHS ever sent me a letter regarding the LASIK forms, and I don’t see that I ever got an email from CHS regarding them. I think I called them to confirm they received the follow up documents.

Ideally, once you complete the medical you get a packet with the results that clearly states if you’re cleared for duty or not (and if not what follow ups you would need to do).

After it was confirmed that they got your follow up documents, did you receive any letter from CHS stating that you were cleared?

I confirmed that they got my follow ups. I’m just not sure what this next package I’m about to receive is about. Just wanted to see if it’s typical to hear back from them after submitting your follow up.

Thanks for you input.
dubyac  
#271 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:15:23 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Want2b_1811 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: dubyac Go to Quoted Post

After it was confirmed that they got your follow up documents, did you receive any letter from CHS stating that you were cleared?

I confirmed that they got my follow ups. I’m just not sure what this next package I’m about to receive is about. Just wanted to see if it’s typical to hear back from them after submitting your follow up.

Thanks for you input.

I don’t think I did receive a letter stating I was cleared from CHS regarding the follow up. But this was three years ago.

CHS is peculiar. I’d guess you’re receiving a clearance letter or a follow up.
HockeySticks  
#272 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:41:50 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

For what it’s worth, I submitted my follow ups earlier this week and haven’t heard anything.
forensicacc412  
#273 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 5:35:24 AM(UTC)
forensicacc412

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
After submitting my follow up I called CHS and confirmed they received. A few days later I received a verbal firm offer and then a couple days after that I received the firm offer on usajobs. This was last year if it helps. I never received a “cleared for duty” piece of mail. The firm offer was that essentially.
bigunderstand  
#274 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 9:28:52 AM(UTC)
bigunderstand

United States

So today I’ve received medical clearance, and I took my medical exam on 12/28. Still no FO, but it seems all tasks have been completed on my end.
GorillaGuac  
#275 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 9:43:45 AM(UTC)
GorillaGuac

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What format does medical clearance come in? Email, phone call, or UPS? I did my medical 2 weeks ago and am also done with all steps.
bigunderstand  
#276 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:05:17 AM(UTC)
bigunderstand

United States

I had to reach out to HR, CHS never responded
PapaCharlie13  
#277 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2022 10:24:38 AM(UTC)
PapaCharlie13

United States

Originally Posted by: bigunderstand Go to Quoted Post
So today I’ve received medical clearance, and I took my medical exam on 12/28. Still no FO, but it seems all tasks have been completed on my end.

I’m in the same boat. However my packet didn’t specifically state any “clearance”, I just got the packet back from CHS through UPS last week and haven’t received any contact regarding follow ups so I’m assuming I’m cleared. I also seem to have completed all of the tasks on my end.

I emailed my HR contact and I was told nothing else is needed on my end. They wrote that if all of the pre-employment checks are cleared then I will receive a F/O. I spoke to someone who went through the process for CI in 2021 and they said they got their F/O “2/3 weeks after the medical was completed”. Hope we will all hear something soon.
GH  
#278 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:20:06 PM(UTC)
GH

United States

For anyone who had to do a LASIK follow-up, did you go to your normal eye doctor or to the center that did the surgery? Mine was done quite a while ago and the surgery center doesn't seem to excited to do an exam (they need to call me back), but an ophthalmologist other than the one at the surgery center would not be able to answer some of these historical questions.
2123_Actual  
#279 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:57:08 PM(UTC)
2123_Actual

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OtherKD Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone else apply to the most recent announcement that closes 12/19/2021?

My timeline so far:
· Submitted application on USA Jobs on 12/16/2021, almost immediately got an email to take the online assessment.
· Took the assessment the same day on 12/16/2021. Have not gotten results back yet as of 12/17/2021.

Just got my phase 3 "proctored assessment" email on 01/27/2022. Did anyone else get theirs?
PapaCharlie13  
#280 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2022 2:11:40 PM(UTC)
PapaCharlie13

United States

Did anyone else apply to the most recent announcement that closes 12/19/2021?

My timeline so far:
· Submitted application on USA Jobs on 12/16/2021, almost immediately got an email to take the online assessment.
· Took the assessment the same day on 12/16/2021. Have not gotten results back yet as of 12/17/2021.

Just got my phase 3 "proctored assessment" email on 01/27/2022. Did anyone else get theirs?

Just an FYI, I think everyone talking about that vacancy will be on the other thread, here’s the link: https://forum.federalsou...aspx?g=posts&t=90049

It might be confusing to post on here because this is for the vacancy that closed in August 2021. But to answer your question yes, I got the email for that assessment too. Looks like applicants from that announcement are moving onto phase 3.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed