Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

18 Pages«<1415161718>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Want2b_1811  
#301 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:42:14 AM(UTC)
Want2b_1811

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got the call yesterday!
Hope the rest of you get to hear the good news soon. Best of luck everyone.
wildct88  
#302 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 10:21:55 AM(UTC)
wildct88

United States

Out of curiosity, did they give you info on EOD date, is it soon? Also anything on FLETC date?
HockeySticks  
#303 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2022 4:30:18 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

As the week ends, I am curious where everyone is in the process. It seems 2 people on this thread have received calls informing them of firm offers. I personally have not heard anything. For what it is worth, I had medical follow ups. Have a great weekend everyone.
GH  
#304 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 8:34:51 AM(UTC)
GH

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HockeySticks Go to Quoted Post
As the week ends, I am curious where everyone is in the process. It seems 2 people on this thread have received calls informing them of firm offers. I personally have not heard anything. For what it is worth, I had medical follow ups. Have a great weekend everyone.

I'm in the same boat as you - recently completed follow-ups with no issues, all pre-hire tasks complete, anxiously awaiting a call/email. Unlike some others here, none of the onboarding task dates have changed for me on USA jobs since they were originally assigned.

sambajuice  
#305 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2022 1:44:39 PM(UTC)
sambajuice

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I got the call and here’s my timeline

Applied Jul ‘21
Job simulation Jul ‘21
Simulation results Aug ‘21
Qualifications determination Sep ‘21
Notification moving to Phase 3 Oct ‘21
KASE Oct ‘21
KASE results + Notice of Rating (Cat A/B) Nov ‘21
Interview Nov ‘21
TO + begin onboarding Dec ‘21
Drug test Dec ‘21
Medical exam Jan ‘22
Medical follow up Jan ‘22
Medical results Feb ‘22
FO Feb ‘22
EOD Feb ‘22
FLETC Mar ‘22

I can only read the big E on the eye chart uncorrected but have 20/20 corrected vision. For future applicants, I wouldn’t stress over the vision.

For current IRS employees, it is a 100% salary match + LEAP. They are doing the Step 00 if you’re over step 10 in grade 7 or 9 GL pay table.

Full salary with locality and LEAP is being provided from the first day of employment, including during FLETC.

The new hiring system they’re using still has kinks. They’ve requested some onboarding documents to be resubmitted.

Good luck everyone.
thanks 2 users thanked sambajuice for this useful post.
specMin on 2/12/2022(UTC), Catspajamas1811 on 2/12/2022(UTC)
SeekingNewOpps  
#306 Posted : Monday, February 14, 2022 11:36:12 AM(UTC)
SeekingNewOpps

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I submitted my medical follow-ups on Friday. Everything else appears to be done. Now just waiting on the final word.
Fedpanda  
#307 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 3:15:24 PM(UTC)
Fedpanda

Will the IRS match external pay, or only internal IRS employee pay?

The steep pay cut is the main limiting factor for this position.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#308 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 3:54:43 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fedpanda Go to Quoted Post

They will match up to step 10 within your grade if you are coming from another federal agency. There is no pay matching if your aren't already a federal employee.
Woody87  
#309 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 3:56:56 PM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

They will match up to step 10 within your grade if you are coming from another federal agency. There is no pay matching if your aren't already a federal employee.

Really? I’ve heard from a lot of people that they’ll match externally too.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#310 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 4:28:43 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Originally Posted by: Woody87 Go to Quoted Post

Who? They start fully external applicants as a step 1 within the grade they qualified. I haven't known anyone externally that have had their pay matched. IRS, on the civil side, may match pay.
FL1811  
#311 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 5:09:38 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)

Who? They start fully external applicants as a step 1 within the grade they qualified. I haven't known anyone externally that have had their pay matched. IRS, on the civil side, may match pay.

I can confirm this is accurate. I was an outside applicant from private industry and tried to at least get up to step 10 within the grade I qualified for. Throughout the process HR made it seem like that was a possibility, but I had to wait until my FO to request it. When I got my FO it was for step 1, I requested an adjustment to step 10 and was denied.

It's up to the agency's discretion if they want to go to step 10 or not. I have a friend at a different agency and they'll do that for people coming from private, but the answer from the IRS was that grades 7 & 9 are considered entry level positions so they will not try to match any external pay. For me that meant a 50% paycut.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 15, 2022 5:10:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Woody87  
#312 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 5:12:30 PM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FL1811 Go to Quoted Post

I can confirm this is accurate. I was an outside applicant from private industry and tried to at least get up to step 10 within the grade I qualified for. Throughout the process HR made it seem like that was a possibility, but I had to wait until my FO to request it. When I got my FO it was for step 1, I requested an adjustment to step 10 and was denied.

It's up to the agency's discretion if they want to go to step 10 or not. I have a friend at a different agency and they'll do that for people coming from private, but the answer from the IRS was that grades 7 & 9 are considered entry level positions so they will not try to match any external pay. For me that meant a 50% paycut.

Oof…that’s rough.
Hmmmm  
#313 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 6:39:41 PM(UTC)
Hmmmm

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 20 post(s)
My previous department (non Treasury) would match up to step 10 if they wanted to. Sometimes they would and sometimes they would not. But the work had to be similar. I know of one person in IRS who got some matching coming from the outside but they were a previous civil employee making more than what they would have started at as a GL9-1 so I assume that is the reason why.

When I changed departments I was matched up to GL9-10 but it was still a pay cut at the start.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#314 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2022 9:35:25 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Originally Posted by: Hmmmm Go to Quoted Post
My previous department (non Treasury) would match up to step 10 if they wanted to. Sometimes they would and sometimes they would not. But the work had to be similar. I know of one person in IRS who got some matching coming from the outside but they were a previous civil employee making more than what they would have started at as a GL9-1 so I assume that is the reason why.

When I changed departments I was matched up to GL9-10 but it was still a pay cut at the start.

IRS-CI can change the rules whenever they want. To give a couple examples. The announcement before mine (back when the process took years, not months) they were letting agents that got more experience or addl education after the original announcement start at the higher grade upon entry as long as they can show the justification for the higher grade qualification. By the time I got in, they had abandoned that completely and that masters degree I got 6 months after applying for the announcement meant jack squat.

Also when I went thru FLETC, students locality was rest of US for Glynco GA....not even 2 classes after me they changed locality rate to your POD. I'm for a much higher locality than rest of US so that change cost me $6k.

They have not budged on starting externals at step 1 within their grade but things change.
FL1811  
#315 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2022 4:26:04 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: OtherKD Go to Quoted Post
What’s been the norm for people coming from another federal agency? Currently a GS-11 and due to move to GS-12 in May.

If you're coming from another agency you'd get matched to your salary (pre-leap) but within the confines of the GL-7 and GL-9 grade, depending on what you qualify for. The maximum you'd be brought in at is step 10 of the respective grade. My understanding is the only match to the same grade you are currently at is for current IRS employees.
thanks 1 user thanked FL1811 for this useful post.
2123_Actual on 2/16/2022(UTC)
HockeySticks  
#316 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:16:58 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Have any external applicants (currently not employed by the federal government) heard anything?
GorillaGuac  
#317 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 1:25:30 PM(UTC)
GorillaGuac

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Have any external applicants (currently not employed by the federal government) heard anything?

Nope. Submitted follow-ups on Monday and it's been quiet since. Were the three on here that got FOs already gov employees?
Hmmmm  
#318 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:24:23 PM(UTC)
Hmmmm

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Shut down looming and a new PB starting on the 25th can't be a good thing.
bigunderstand  
#319 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 6:15:58 PM(UTC)
bigunderstand

United States

I wonder if the government being funded until March 11 now will mean a longer wait
Gal Friday  
#320 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2022 7:23:55 PM(UTC)
Gal Friday

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bigunderstand Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if the government being funded until March 11 now will mean a longer wait

Has to slow things down ... Continuing Resolution continues 2021 budget. It's going to take a new 2022 budget to do a lot of hiring!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed