Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

9 Pages«<56789>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AccountingGrad  
#121 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 8:00:43 AM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

Groups: Registered
United States

Because they are both just basic logic and rationality tests, obviously not meant to be difficult. I answered the RA and TCO stuff differently depending on the nature of the job, and I don't think I'm just unable to comprehend how an LEO should act in those situations. If it was not a fluke and I fail a second time ill just concede any 1811 jobs entirely I guess.
HockeySticks  
#122 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 5:39:04 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview? Also, how long do the interviews typically last? I have seen conflicting information from prior posts that they take anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.
dubyac  
#123 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 5:57:21 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HockeySticks Go to Quoted Post
Anyone have any tips on how to prepare for the interview? Also, how long do the interviews typically last? I have seen conflicting information from prior posts that they take anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.

My interview was an hour, probably a bit more. I haven't seen a post on here that said their interview was 15 minutes. I wouldn't plan for a 15 minute interview.

It's a panel interview, usually three interviewers. This link is an article about someone's panel interview experiences HSI, DEA, and FBI.

https://www.specialagent...the-interview-experience

From my own experiences with IRS, DSS, and USSS, this is good info.

Edited by user Monday, November 1, 2021 5:57:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1811BAMF  
#124 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2021 3:53:04 AM(UTC)
1811BAMF

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The old interview process was literally done in 15 minutes, at most. Thank god they changed it.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#125 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2021 1:09:46 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Yup! Glad they changed it to. I walked out of my interview, 15 minutes later, thinking they know NOTHING about me.
HockeySticks  
#126 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 12:26:04 PM(UTC)
HockeySticks

I know as a federal LEO you are always on call. How often do you guys work weekends/are called out on a weekend? Would you have to let your supervisor know if you were going to be out of town for a weekend?
WinterPatriot  
#127 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 3:08:34 PM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Received a passing KASE score. I’m category C which isn’t surprising because I didn’t feel great about the test. What are the odds of being offered an interview as Cat C? I prosecuted fraud cases for a couple years, have my CFE, currently a non-1811 federal LEO.

Edited by user Monday, November 8, 2021 3:38:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Woody87  
#128 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 3:32:03 PM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

What does rating A/B mean? It says I’m “Superior Qualified” but I’m just confused on the A/B. I thought it was either A or B…

It says I’ll be given first consideration, so I’m assuming it’s the best rating?
LEOSA17  
#129 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 8:08:18 PM(UTC)
LEOSA17

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Just checked my email, I did not pass the assessment. Really bummed about it, I just wish they’d tell me which portion I failed. Good luck to everyone else.
dubyac  
#130 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 8:59:37 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: HockeySticks Go to Quoted Post
I know as a federal LEO you are always on call. How often do you guys work weekends/are called out on a weekend? Would you have to let your supervisor know if you were going to be out of town for a weekend?

I’ll work part of a weekend if my LEAP needs it. You probably will if you’re planning an op. You definitely will if you’re in trial. HIDTA/task forces: probably more.

I’ve planned and carried out operations on a weekend, because circumstances dictated it. But everyone had a month notice.

Depends on your supervisor. Generally no, but I know some supervisors who want the next two weeks on the calendar so they can see.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#131 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 3:47:06 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Originally Posted by: WinterPatriot Go to Quoted Post
Received a passing KASE score. I’m category C which isn’t surprising because I didn’t feel great about the test. What are the odds of being offered an interview as Cat C? I prosecuted fraud cases for a couple years, have my CFE, currently a non-1811 federal LEO.

I am dating myself even though I've only been on the job less than 5 years. When I went through the hiring process only Cat A applicants were considered for the next phase and hiring. I believe they now consider Cat A and Cat B applicants for hiring.

I don't remember ever seeing a Cat C. Maybe some of the more recent hires can expand on this. I would assume Cat C would knock you out the running but I am not sure.
WinterPatriot  
#132 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 5:21:13 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

I appreciate the info. Do you know when I’m allowed to retake it for a higher score? Hopefully it’s not three years, I see that the score is valid for up to that time. In the meantime, it’s a good opportunity to take some accounting classes.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#133 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 5:57:59 AM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

I appreciate the info. Do you know when I’m allowed to retake it for a higher score? Hopefully it’s not three years, I see that the score is valid for up to that time. In the meantime, it’s a good opportunity to take some accounting classes.

Hmm. Normally if you fail you can retake the test after 1 year. Since you didn't fail, I don't think there is a 1 year time frame. When a new announcement comes out within the next couple months, your passing score for the simulation should be fine and then you'd be able to retake the KASE at that point. Don't quote that as gospel though
Mountain_AC  
#134 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 6:22:53 AM(UTC)
Mountain_AC

United States

I’m in the same boat with cat C. Based on the initial email though, it says that is still passing and can be contacted for interview. My train of thought is they divided into another category for prioritizing hiring? Maybe with the demand we can still be in luck.
LEOSA17  
#135 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 7:21:46 AM(UTC)
LEOSA17

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

Hmm. Normally if you fail you can retake the test after 1 year. Since you didn't fail, I don't think there is a 1 year time frame. When a new announcement comes out within the next couple months, your passing score for the simulation should be fine and then you'd be able to retake the KASE at that point. Don't quote that as gospel though

Is that a year from the date you took the exam, or a year from the date of the announcement?
HockeySticks  
#136 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 7:55:47 AM(UTC)
HockeySticks

Is there a way to change the locations to be considered for? I listed 3 locations, but I no longer want to be considered for the 3rd location anymore.
forensicacc412  
#137 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:34:32 AM(UTC)
forensicacc412

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LEOSA17 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IRSSpecialAgent_1Day Go to Quoted Post

Is that a year from the date you took the exam, or a year from the date of the announcement?

Your score is good for 3 years, but you should be able to retest next announcement. Emails from older announcements have said that if you were in Cat B you would receive an optional invite to complete the assessment to improve your score. You wouldn't be required to retest, but if you were in Cat B there was no guarantee you would get referred for an interview. There was no mention of Cat C, but I don't believe they were scoring people in Cat C that year. I would guess this would be how it would work going forward.
WinterPatriot  
#138 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 11:42:49 AM(UTC)
WinterPatriot

United States

I was referred for the GL-7 and GL-9. I didn’t think I’d be referred as Cat C. I’m assuming that the Cat and Cat B people would need to be offered interviews before anyone in Cat C gets an interview invite?
Woody87  
#139 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 1:17:54 PM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

You should be encouraged that you were referred though! It’s such a mass hiring event that anything could happen.
Want2b_1811  
#140 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 6:21:06 PM(UTC)
Want2b_1811

United States

Originally Posted by: Woody87 Go to Quoted Post
What does rating A/B mean? It says I’m “Superior Qualified” but I’m just confused on the A/B. I thought it was either A or B…

It says I’ll be given first consideration, so I’m assuming it’s the best rating?

Long time lurker-finally decided to join. I’m going through the process as well. I was rated A/B for GL 9, and C for GL 7. It was later changed to Cat C for both job series.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed