Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kickjump  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 12:25:27 AM(UTC)
Kickjump

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hello, looking for some knowledge in the arbitration awards and payment for winning. heres some of the details
I filed a Grievance for our stations route inspections not being implemented back in Oct 2019.
Had the arb hearing in April 2021 and won, a very good award.
Date of award was may 19, 2021 and District waited till last day of 30 day window redress with arbitrator.
I reached out to my Union steward, which is also our Branch president June 22 to ask at what point this will become a non compliance issue.
Now it is July 20 and I reached out again to ask for and update and he said there was none. and when I asked if we can file a non compliance he didn't even respond.

so as of today we are 61 days from the award letter. Am I wrong for being annoyed that this still seems to be going absolutely no where in regards to actually being paid out.
Are there any other avenues I can take besides through him, I think we are just not on the same page.
Ihatemanagement  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 5:12:07 AM(UTC)
Ihatemanagement

United States

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Contacting your regional/local NBA is the next step. One think that irks me to no end about the union is the lack of transparency. I need paperwork and some kind of online account to show the status of my greivance.
thanks 1 user thanked Ihatemanagement for this useful post.
Kickjump on 7/20/2021(UTC)
MPE2009  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 12:10:17 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 535 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kickjump Go to Quoted Post
Hello, looking for some knowledge in the arbitration awards and payment for winning. heres some of the details
I filed a Grievance for our stations route inspections not being implemented back in Oct 2019.
Date of award was may 19, 2021 and District waited till last day of 30 day window redress with arbitrator.
I reached out to my Union steward, which is also our Branch president June 22 to ask at what point this will become a non compliance issue.
Now it is July 20 and I reached out again to ask for and update and he said there was none. and when I asked if we can file a non compliance he didn't even respond.

so as of today we are 61 days from the award letter. Am I wrong for being annoyed that this still seems to be going absolutely no where in regards to actually being paid out.
Are there any other avenues I can take besides through him, I think we are just not on the same page.

That's actually normal, it can take months to get paid out for various reasons. I'm not defending it, simply stating fact. But as suggested below, your NBA and/or your branch president should be reaching out to push and let labor know, that you are waiting.
Kickjump  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 20, 2021 2:34:20 PM(UTC)
Kickjump

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post

That's actually normal, it can take months to get paid out for various reasons. I'm not defending it, simply stating fact. But as suggested below, your NBA and/or your branch president should be reaching out to push and let labor know, that you are waiting.

Okay thank you for letting me know that it does happen like that sometimes. I hate to be grumpy especially with my president. Sometimes it comes off as though he doesn’t want to be bothered with our little AO bc we do also have a pretty major city that falls within our branch and it makes a lot of the money haha. Thank you again I appreciate it

Malcolm1  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 1:45:00 AM(UTC)
Malcolm1

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 42 post(s)

Okay thank you for letting me know that it does happen like that sometimes. I hate to be grumpy especially with my president. Sometimes it comes off as though he doesn’t want to be bothered with our little AO bc we do also have a pretty major city that falls within our branch and it makes a lot of the money haha. Thank you again I appreciate it

61 days failure to satisfy one award to a single grievant is indefensible so your annoyance (with management and your local officer) is understandable. Insist that your indifferent, so-called president to file another grievance for non-compliance seeking an additional remedy citing this:

http://mseries.nalc.org/M01517.pdf

M1

thanks 1 user thanked Malcolm1 for this useful post.
Kickjump on 7/21/2021(UTC)
MPE2009  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2021 6:54:33 PM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 666 time(s) in 535 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Malcolm1 Go to Quoted Post

61 days failure to satisfy one award to a single grievant is indefensible so your annoyance (with management and your local officer) is understandable. Insist that your indifferent, so-called president to file another grievance for non-compliance seeking an additional remedy citing this:

http://mseries.nalc.org/M01517.pdf

M1

excusable/inexcusable is irrelevant unfortunately. labor all over the country is currently seeing a loss of trained personnel as they run for the doors. the last couple of years, we've seen nothing but incompetence nationwide due to a lack of training and experience as the competent ones flee. i know of one arbitration award that sat with labor for months, unopened because nobody was competent to check the incoming mail... it's a pathetic little world that they live in. so yeah, somebody has to keep shaking their tree to see what fruit falls out, but don't expect anything competent or timely to happen. to make it even more ironic, many of those hired by labor were decent and well trained union reps (i'm thinking of a couple of nalc guys) who switched sides and became even more incompetent than the ones they replaced.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Kickjump on 7/22/2021(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed