Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TSP

Administered by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, this defined contribution plan for federal employees has roughly 4,614,874 participants, and over $358 billion in assets under management. Ask your TSP questions and post related topics here.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VAer1  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 10:07:22 AM(UTC)
VAer1

Groups: Registered
United States

I usually log in my account every few months, and I am pretty sure using correct username/password. But often it ends up being locked out, although it can be solved fairly quickly by a phone call, it is still annoying.

Why they keep locking out my account? It is same device (same computer) used for multiple years.

Does it happen to other people's account?

Thanks.
The HalfBreed  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:49:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I retired in 2012, and have accessed it for over a decade before then...I've NEVER had that happen.
Of course, I've never forgotten the password either.
RETIRED CSRS 12/19/2012 @ age 57 w/39 years.
Good Bye Tension...Hello Pension !
VAer1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 7:53:21 PM(UTC)
VAer1

United States

Originally Posted by: The HalfBreed Go to Quoted Post
I retired in 2012, and have accessed it for over a decade before then...I've NEVER had that happen.
Of course, I've never forgotten the password either.

I am still in service, not sure if we use the website. It did not happen to me before either, only this year (with new website).

Maybe I should change password every few months, if I don't log in for a while, the old password would expire by the system. Just guessing.
The HalfBreed  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2021 8:58:06 PM(UTC)

That could be. I retired CSRS after 39 years...Only 4 military...73-77
VAer1  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 3:24:30 AM(UTC)
VAer1

United States

I think I may know why. I linked TSP account to bank account (USAA), so that I can view TSP account balance on my bank account homepage. But TSP requires two step verification, and bank cannot get the daily TSP balance. But the bank still tries to connect on daily basis using Username/Password, then TSP locked out my account.

I have unlinked my TSP account from other banking sites.
The HalfBreed  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 8:32:34 AM(UTC)

Now THAT Makes sense ! Two-Factor verification has been a part of the TSP for a very long time and you nailed it !

Congrats ! Join the rest of us now...LOL !

Being that you're still working (?), adding to it at your established intervals, your TSP is a moving target, by your additions and the TSP's daily movements.

I haven't added anything to the TSP since my last paycheck approx. Jan 5, 2013, so, other than the TSP daily movements, it's been pretty static. The only thing that showed up was my ending contributions which were 80%/10%/10% C, S and I fund. FEDSMITH used to track it daily, with results normally shown by 8pm est, so I'd just pull up the site listed below (it's an actual web page) and it would be listed there, no TSP logon needed, but they stopped that beginning Dec 31, either 2020 or 2019...it's been awhile

https://www.tspdatacenter.com/

So, I have to log in daily if I want to see any progress, but I just watch CNBC a few times a day to get a read on the market conditions and move on, maybe check it twice a week now.

Either way, I'm glad you had that issue resolved....don't rush to retirement. It's not all that, but it's not bad either. Enjoy, Stay Safe.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed