Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quicksilver  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 6:02:11 AM(UTC)
quicksilver

Groups: Registered
United States

I got a tentative offer for a fed position starts gs9/gs11. They are starting me on gs11 step 1. How will my pay increase each year on the max level grade? I only found the opm within one grade level or jumping from grade to the next but not after you reach your max. Trying to make a good decision as I will have to relocate with no reimbursement and take a pay cut for the position. Any help would be great. Leaving my current position, will be losing a management position that was promised verbally with a big pay increase as well. Just trying to make a well informed decision.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 6:03:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FS0201  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2021 8:12:49 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Originally Posted by: quicksilver Go to Quoted Post
I got a tentative offer for a fed position starts gs9/gs11. They are starting me on gs11 step 1. How will my pay increase each year on the max level grade? I only found the opm within one grade level or jumping from grade to the next but not after you reach your max. Trying to make a good decision as I will have to relocate with no reimbursement and take a pay cut for the position. Any help would be great. Leaving my current position, will be losing a management position that was promised verbally with a big pay increase as well. Just trying to make a well informed decision.

Assuming acceptable performance, you’ll get a step increase every year for the first three years, then every two years for the next three steps, and then every three years for the final three steps. The chart is here - https://www.opm.gov/poli.../within-grade-increases/

You can find what your pay will be advanced to by checking the locality chart for your location, although this will hopefully change many times over the years with annual adjustments - https://www.opm.gov/poli...s/2021/general-schedule/

It is also possible to get a quality step increase (QSI) based on performance, which advances you in step, but these are dependent on a number of issues, and some organizations rarely give them.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2021 8:20:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed