Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lexipooh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 8:51:54 AM(UTC)
Lexipooh

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I was interviewed back in early June for the RA position. It has been mum since. Am I the only one? I am not giving up just want to know that I am not alone. LOL! I did get another interview two weeks ago for another position so I am still hopeful. Anyone else?
Grace*3  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 9:56:14 AM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I'm in the exact same boat. Although I'm pretty secure in my current position, there is no room for growth. I'm truly holding out for a RA position.
Lexipooh  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
Lexipooh

United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Grace*3 Go to Quoted Post
I'm in the exact same boat. Although I'm pretty secure in my current position, there is no room for growth. I'm truly holding out for a RA position.

Thanks for your post! I have ALWAYS wanted to work for the IRS. It is one of the most respected and feared agencies in federal government. Believe it or not, I have been applying for jobs with them since 2006. LOL! I am not kidding. I never quit applying. I have had announcements close for years at a time during my quest for a job with them. I am excited that I finally got interviewed, and I most certainly am not giving up hope........hence my constant applications for over 15 years.
delois62  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 12:48:00 PM(UTC)
delois62

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lexipooh Go to Quoted Post

Thanks for your post! I have ALWAYS wanted to work for the IRS. It is one of the most respected and feared agencies in federal government. Believe it or not, I have been applying for jobs with them since 2006. LOL! I am not kidding. I never quit applying. I have had announcements close for years at a time during my quest for a job with them. I am excited that I finally got interviewed, and I most certainly am not giving up hope........hence my constant applications for over 15 years.

I interviewed in June, haven’t heard anything. I’m hoping to be hired by the IRS. I also applied for the RA position that will close Sept 2nd. I hope you get it, that is a long time to apply!!!

thanks 1 user thanked delois62 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 8/25/2021(UTC)
Grace*3  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2021 2:29:39 PM(UTC)
Grace*3

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Lexipooh Go to Quoted Post

Don't give up. I used to work for the IRS as a RA. Had the position for 8 years and left to go to the DoD. I loved my time as a RA. Currently I'm a 511 Auditor.
Silver53  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 7:24:43 AM(UTC)
Silver53

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I interviewed for the RA position back in June. The interviewer said they estimated to begin training September 13. I’m an internal as a CSR and have not heard anything either. The USAjobs still has “Referred to selecting official”. I wish all of you the best of luck.
thanks 1 user thanked Silver53 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 9/11/2021(UTC)
Mudpie1  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2021 4:49:24 PM(UTC)
Mudpie1

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
As a current IRS employee and manager, I can tell you that HR is a bit slow; really slow. When I was hired in 2019 I never had an interview. I received an email one day with a start date. There will be a mass hiring starting in FY 22. Most job announcements now will create a roster of qualified candidates for managers to pick from; seldom interview. Be patient is all I can say.

Edited by user Monday, September 20, 2021 4:50:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked Mudpie1 for this useful post.
Lexipooh on 9/20/2021(UTC), delois62 on 9/20/2021(UTC)
delois62  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 1:52:35 AM(UTC)
delois62

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mudpie1 Go to Quoted Post
As a current IRS employee and manager, I can tell you that HR is a bit slow; really slow. When I was hired in 2019 I never had an interview. I received an email one day with a start date. There will be a mass hiring starting in FY 22. Most job announcements now will create a roster of qualified candidates for managers to pick from; seldom interview. Be patient is all I can say.

That's good to hear from those of us who still want to work for IRS.
Jade620  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2021 3:07:29 PM(UTC)
Jade620

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mudpie1 Go to Quoted Post

So the current IRS announcements that closed or are closing are basically to have resumes on file for some time in 2022? And people applied in Jun/Jul 2020? Then, HR is going to finally begin to look at qualified candidates who applied some, 6-7 months ago? Is that why most of us have heard nothing in the 2nd wave, because they are holding resumes until 2022? Well, I am glad you said something if this is true.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed