Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MilkandGin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 8:19:49 PM(UTC)
MilkandGin

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I filed my e-qip for a secret clearance for a non-industry/non-contractor position with a military department under DOD. It’s just a Human Resources position, not exactly working with launch codes. I’ve read that secret clearance investigations are down to 50 days, according to the DCSA head. I filed my e-qip in mid-May. It has been 106 days, or 3 months and 16 days. I am still in investigation apparently. So far as I know, no one has been contacted since late June to early July. They only contacted my cousin and mother.

I lived in Russia during 2014, where I taught English after resigning from the Department of State, with which I held an HRPT that cancelled in 2015. I see cases on Reddit where secret clearances are taking 5, 6, 7, and 8 months, but those are almost always direct hires. Never direct hires by the agency.

Anyone with similar circumstances or insights into how long the investigation should take? Also, whether there is anyway, besides going through your PSO, who is tired of my emails, to check the status of your clearance? I know there used to be a hotline.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed