Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someoldguy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 5:57:02 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 849 post(s)
My two cents:

1. Marijuana use as described is no big deal... four years since last use.
2. Eight year old DUI is no big deal.
3. The 72-hour hold incident is a bit more serious but there are a number of people with similar incidents in their past who have been cleared.

To me the issue is the combination of all three incidents which kinda sorta have a substance abuse theme. Be sure to have any contact info for the therapists/psychiatrists and the facility, the investigator will want this, along with precise dates that this took place. Same for the DUI. As for how you would 'explain' this I guess you just have to show that you have not had any such incidents for several years now and are living a more responsible life.

Be prepared for lots of questions about your current alcohol intake and most recent drug use. I'm sure all investigators have stories of folks who swear up and down they havent touched it in years but after a few questions they admit to "well there was this one other time..." so they will need to try to nail these details down.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
ribbitrob  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 11, 2021 8:13:26 PM(UTC)
ribbitrob

Groups: Registered
United States

Thank you for the response. As I mentioned, no marijuana abuse for over 4 years. I might have a glass of wine with dinner or a beer every now and again but In haven't drunk to excess since the incident.

Exact contact information could be tricky; the psychiatrist is no longer listed online and I don't know his first name. How critical would this information be?

All these details accounted for, do you think I have a good chance at getting the clearance? I know it's case-by-case, but does it seem like the mitigating factors will be enough to quash concern?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed