Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mudpie1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 11:09:53 AM(UTC)
Mudpie1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am a GS14. In Sept 2020 I was detailed for 120 days as the program supv. as my supv. was retiring. The detail is a pay banded position. If the vacancy was competed and if I were selected, I would get a one-time 10% pay raise and 3-8% annual management performance bonuses. The vacancy was never competed. I never recieved a PAR action or SF52. At the end of that detail, I was extended to Sept 2021. Again, it was not competed, no PAR action and no SF52. My current detail ended Sept 25, 2021. Once again, management extended it another year to Sept 2022.

HR told me that I an not entitled to the 10% raise as my permenant pay rate is within the pay band and a temporary promotion was not authorized. Note: This detail was never competed, so no guidance was provided- ie" this detail may converted to permenant without further competition." Also, I am not entitled to a management bonus because I am not permenant- a Catch-22.

OPM is very clear that details greater than 120 days must be competed and an SF-52 generated. Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should or can file a OPM Pay Claim to force my agency to generate the SF-52s, ackowledge their missteps, and (LOL) force a permenant promotion?

I specifically told management not to extend my detail; either promote me or return me to pushing a broom. My permenant position PARs were Outstanding in 2019, 2020 and probably 2021. I have Best Qualified for many lateral and higher Pay Banded and GS15s vacancies in which they could pull me off a Cert roster.

I feel abused, what do you think?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 29, 2021 11:17:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

0018 Hopeful  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 4:55:42 PM(UTC)
0018 Hopeful

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Had something similar happen when I was promoted to GS-12 as a supervisor, and then detailed into a GS-13 spot as the GS-13 left.

I never got a temp promotion because under the Army I had not been a GS-12 for a year and was never given the temp promotion because I wasn't legal.

As the months rolled on, and I got closer to my one year date and they still had not hired anyone I asked the GS-15 what would happen. He shrugged and said he had plans to give me the job.

Evaluations stated that I was doing the GS-13 job, signed by the GS-15 and senior rater.

Eventually I got tired of not getting paid for it and took another GS-12 job stateside, and eventually 15 months later landed a GS-13 position on the same stateside base.

You can either get emotional about the money or emotional about the position or decide that you don't want to do it anymore. If you force them to make a decision then you have to live with their decision.

I wish I we would have just stayed in Europe and completed the TIG requirements. At least I would have seen the end of it. And could have extended in Europe as a GS-13.

It doesn't sound like you have TIG issues holding you back.

The government abuses people all the time. I would ask to speak to your supervisor about it. I wouldn't do the back door deal unless you had to.

DroneBee  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2021 4:58:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mudpie1 Go to Quoted Post
I am a GS14. In Sept 2020 I was detailed for 120 days as the program supv. as my supv. was retiring. The detail is a pay banded position.

I feel abused, what do you think?

Dealing with pay-bands are different - so you may not have any real "claim." I'd try to get an SF-50 stating that you were detailed into the position - you can get this after the fact - and move on.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed