Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CuriousG  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 2:27:12 PM(UTC)
CuriousG

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in another thread, I got a letter today delivered by Fedex, mentioning my offer has been rescinded because I was not approved to be shared classified information. Letter mentions I will be getting another letter explaining the reason of disapproval.

I applied nearly 48 months ago
got COE 36 months ago
completed medical/poly 30 months ago
and got "Actively processing" call last week 😅

At this point, I am not sad or disappointed as I have progressed in my current job significantly in terms of both career and salary wise, and probably agency was not going to match my salary anyway. As a lot of people suggest, I am glad I did not put my life on hold. I am very grateful for the opportunity, it's very unique, but I don't think I will apply again.

I wish everyone good luck, and I hope you all get the good news you have been waiting for.
thanks 1 user thanked CuriousG for this useful post.
rebels8 on 10/14/2021(UTC)
WanttobeFed  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 2:46:24 PM(UTC)
WanttobeFed

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sorry to hear but glad you had things worked out without putting all eggs in a single basket.

I am kind of in a similar boat (almost 4 years of processing) except that I was called for final adjucation “interview” to go over any unknowns or clarifications.

I was verbally told that I would be approved and he also suggested to negotiate also he went to the details of making sure to drive early to get parking if the placement was at HQ .

This makes me nervous now
thanks 1 user thanked WanttobeFed for this useful post.
CuriousG  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 3:01:51 PM(UTC)
CuriousG

United States

Originally Posted by: WanttobeFed Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to hear but glad you had things worked out without putting all eggs in a single basket.

I am kind of in a similar boat (almost 4 years of processing) except that I was called for final adjucation “interview” to go over any unknowns or clarifications.

I was verbally told that I would be approved and he also suggested to negotiate also he went to the details of making sure to drive early to get parking if the placement was at HQ .

This makes me nervous now

Hey congrats! No need to be nervous. I guess they try to finalize a lot of "in progress" applicants.

JustaDude  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 4:05:21 PM(UTC)
JustaDude

Originally Posted by: CuriousG Go to Quoted Post

Hey congrats! No need to be nervous. I guess they try to finalize a lot of "in progress" applicants.

Good for you that you did not put your life on hold but it also sucks that they spent all this time to come to that conclusion. At least you significantly progressed in your current job and that's great. Why could they not decide that faster? You were already pretty far in progress for the processing alone. These are the mysteries. Would you happen to have any idea as to why they denied it? ie foreign contacts, debts, or anything that could be linked to not allowing you to be shared information with?

Edited by user Thursday, September 30, 2021 4:07:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked JustaDude for this useful post.
CuriousG  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 5:55:28 PM(UTC)
CuriousG

United States

Originally Posted by: JustaDude Go to Quoted Post

Good for you that you did not put your life on hold but it also sucks that they spent all this time to come to that conclusion. At least you significantly progressed in your current job and that's great. Why could they not decide that faster? You were already pretty far in progress for the processing alone. These are the mysteries. Would you happen to have any idea as to why they denied it? ie foreign contacts, debts, or anything that could be linked to not allowing you to be shared information with?

I know, after such a long time I was confident I would be approved. I am not sure honestly what could be an issue. I have a lot of foreign contacts which I reported all, no issues with finances. Foreign contacts seem to be a reason to blame maybe?

Letter mentions I will be getting another letter with the reason and I can request decision to be reviewed again which I am not planning to do.
JustaDude  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2021 9:22:27 PM(UTC)
JustaDude

Foreign contacts seem to be a reason to blame maybe?

If I was a betting man I would definitely believe that would be the issue because it sounds like everything else you had was good.
thanks 1 user thanked JustaDude for this useful post.
rebels8  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 12:11:08 AM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)

I can request decision to be reviewed again which I am not planning to do.

Why not? Because of how long your process took?
#MMlivesmatter
CuriousG  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 12:14:46 PM(UTC)
CuriousG

United States

Originally Posted by: rebels8 Go to Quoted Post

I can request decision to be reviewed again which I am not planning to do.

Why not? Because of how long your process took?

Exactly! God knows how long it would take, and I am not sure if they ever change their decisions.
rebels8 on 10/19/2021(UTC)
WanttobeFed  
#9 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2022 9:51:48 AM(UTC)
WanttobeFed

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just got the dreaded FedEx from the agency in Virginia
“ we regret to inform that we are descending the COE effective immediately. This decision is not open to appeal, nor will additional information be provided “

Been in the process since Dec 2017 not sure if this is a denial or suitabilityor budget cum program changes

I am currently at the highest end of the grade and a step above the COE not sure if that was a deal breaker?
thanks 1 user thanked WanttobeFed for this useful post.
rebels8 on 9/29/2022(UTC)
rebels8  
#10 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 5:36:50 PM(UTC)
rebels8

Man
United States

Was thanked: 193 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WanttobeFed Go to Quoted Post
Just got the dreaded FedEx from the agency in Virginia
“ we regret to inform that we are descending the COE effective immediately. This decision is not open to appeal, nor will additional information be provided “

Been in the process since Dec 2017 not sure if this is a denial or suitabilityor budget cum program changes

I am currently at the highest end of the grade and a step above the COE not sure if that was a deal breaker?

You've been in pre-employment processing with the agency for almost five years and they still rejected you? That should absolutely be unacceptable. Frankly, the pre-employment processing should take a lot less than five years. And even more importantly, if the agency is going to reject an applicant, they should do it sooner rather than later.
#MMlivesmatter
Rss Feed  Atom Feed