Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gigito8  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 7:23:13 AM(UTC)
gigito8

Groups: Registered
United States

Ive been on the job a year with DOD. I received a statement of reasons for intent to deny my secret clearance friday. The denial is for financial debt. If I get on debt management program, will that be enough or do I need to hire someone to help with my response? Thank you in advance for your help.
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2021 11:56:48 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 849 post(s)
Not knowing all the details, it is hard to make an informed comment... but that rarely stops me. Anyway, the adjudicator (or in this case, the hearing review board or whoever reviews your appeal) may view any attempt at resolving the debts as too little, too late. It might look like the only reason you are addressing the debts now is because of the clearance issue.

You need to start getting the debts under control regardless, so you should get started on that right away.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
BackGdInvestigator on 10/22/2021(UTC)
BackGdInvestigator  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 4:26:44 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 88 post(s)
SOG is on target. While not hopeless, you have a hard up hill battle since you did not start working on your financial issue(s)right away.

This is one of the top three reasons people lose their clearance.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed