Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Northcalgirl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2021 8:39:24 PM(UTC)
Northcalgirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi all!

My significant other wants to help me prep for Quantico. He has taught people how to use their first handgun and wants to do the same for me. He is interested in purchasing the handgun model and gun holster that I will be using as an agent.

Could someone let me know which model or models of handguns a petite female will get to choose from at the Academy? And is there a general issued gun holster for petite female agents?

Thank you all!
Annino  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 3:51:13 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Northcalgirl Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

My significant other wants to help me prep for Quantico. He has taught people how to use their first handgun and wants to do the same for me. He is interested in purchasing the handgun model and gun holster that I will be using as an agent.

Could someone let me know which model or models of handguns a petite female will get to choose from at the Academy? And is there a general issued gun holster for petite female agents?

Thank you all!

It’s really cool that your SO wants to help you prep. However, all of the advice I’ve been given by current and former SAs says that it’s best if you go in fresh without experience. This way the Firearms Instructors can mold you without pre-developed habits.
ThatGuy  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 11:47:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
That's a great idea but I simply wouldn't do it. You SO may be a Navy Seal who could put every FBI FI to shame on the range. He could teach you to be GI Jane but if you don't learn the way the FIs want you to do it, you will fail. As a whole, the former cops in my class were some of the worst shots in the class. Yes there were exceptions, but most learned bad habits and only qualified once a year at their PD. The ppl who never picked up a gun in their life didn't take long to figure it out and did just fine on the range.

The FBI has a very specific way they want you to do everything involving firearms. You will be just fine if you go to Quantico with limited to no knowledge about the weapon. Also they change back and forth on what holster is the best to use. Some years it one with a thumb break and others it's without. So don't try to learn one holster if it's not the exact one they will issue you.

I know you want to be prepared as much as possible. Just don't mess with firearms.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed