Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Martin62  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 4:16:33 AM(UTC)
Martin62

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just throwing this out there and hoping someone might know the answer. Is there a notice requirement prior to being ordered to return to the work site from telework (for DOD)? And, if so, does anyone know what that notice might be? I've seen that OPM mentions 30 days for their department, but haven't seen anything for DOD. Anyway, I have asked about this through my COC, but no one seems to know the answer all the way to my immediate commander. I have also asked the union, but haven't received a response after two weeks. So, just hoping someone here might know. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 5:00:11 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 963 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Martin62 Go to Quoted Post
Just throwing this out there and hoping someone might know the answer. Is there a notice requirement prior to being ordered to return to the work site from telework (for DOD)? And, if so, does anyone know what that notice might be? I've seen that OPM mentions 30 days for their department, but haven't seen anything for DOD. Anyway, I have asked about this through my COC, but no one seems to know the answer all the way to my immediate commander. I have also asked the union, but haven't received a response after two weeks. So, just hoping someone here might know. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Standard is 30 days for a change of working conditions. Of course, that may shift if the union has an issue with the change and challenges it.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Martin62  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 7:12:06 AM(UTC)
Martin62

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: frankgonzalez Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Martin62 Go to Quoted Post
Standard is 30 days for a change of working conditions. Of course, that may shift if the union has an issue with the change and challenges it.

Thank you! I'm hoping I get something from the union in writing so that my agency doesn't try to 'fast track' me back to the site.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed