Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Labor

The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements.

In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers' rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support. (DOL's mission statement)

Perhaps you are working for the DOL or interested in working for the DOL. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DOL.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Constantine1810  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2021 7:34:07 PM(UTC)
Constantine1810

Groups: Registered
United States

Simple. I was previously in a 6c covered position. Left government and now back in years later, can I apply to another 6c covered position even though I am past 37. I am fit enough to do mandatory physicals I just want to do the job and retire when its time. Is it possible to get hired at 49. Willing and able to pass PT Test and all applicable physical requirements.
someoldguy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:04:23 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 849 post(s)
I have not looked into this in some time but I believe the rule was (and may still be) that you kinda freeze the clock once you start in a covered position.

Are you a veteran? Some LE agencies will waive the age limit for vet pref eligibles.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you will be paying the higher LE FERS contributions but won't get the enhanced benefits til you hit 20 years... at which point they aren't such an advantage anymore (full retirement at an early age, that is). I don't think there is any mechanism to get the additional contributions refunded if you take a regular FERS pension.

My two cents based on outdated info... you might try 911jobforums if they are still around.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Constantine1810  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:16:59 AM(UTC)
Constantine1810

United States

Good Morning,
I was hoping that was the case as I was explained the same. If the clock stopped the 1st time I don't care as long as I can apply and not have to worry about and focus on passing the stages. Physically good and its about the job and yes a plus 30% Honorably Discharged Veteran. Thank you and greatly appreciated. I will look up on 911jobforums also!

Thank you! Happy USMC Guy hopeful 1811!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed