Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

20 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
goldscca  
#261 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2022 12:36:00 PM(UTC)
goldscca

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I received my CHS Results on Tuesday evening. My paperwork stated that I did not meet the "near vision" standard. I was confused by this for multiple reasons. First being that I wear glasses to see things far away, I have no issues seeing things that are close up. Also, I went and had an eye exam back in December when I first applied for this job because I wanted to make sure I could meet the standards. If I couldn't I was going to get Lasik... I did meet that standards so I wasn't concerned.... Today I went to my eye doctor for my follow up and just like last time my right eye is 20/20 both near and far even uncorrected... my left eye is 20/25 uncorrected for distance and is the equivalent of the Jaeger type 2 standard for near.

I cant remember what the urgent care that CHS sent me to put down for my near vision but I know for distance they had me at 20/30 and 20/40 compared to the 20/20 and 20/25 that my optometrist tested me at....seems like the urgent care eye exam isn't very accurate.

I faxed in my follow up paperwork today so hoping I wont have to wait too long to see if I am cleared.

Considering my optometrist signed off that I meet/exceed the standards should I expect CHS to clear me now, or is there a chance I still wont be cleared even if my follow up went well?
anon789non  
#262 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2022 7:10:22 PM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I received my CHS results evening on 6/2. The packet was just the results with no medical follow ups as far as i can tell, I didn't have anything else in the packet. According to Frank i should be good to go, I hope. I signed up for alerts thanks to abdel's advice but didn't see anything in upcoming deliveries. Maybe there was a system or spelling error.
thanks 1 user thanked anon789non for this useful post.
drew93 on 6/2/2022(UTC)
drew93  
#263 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2022 7:32:29 PM(UTC)
drew93

United States

Originally Posted by: anon789non Go to Quoted Post
I received my CHS results evening on 6/2. The packet was just the results with no medical follow ups as far as i can tell, I didn't have anything else in the packet. According to Frank i should be good to go, I hope. I signed up for alerts thanks to abdel's advice but didn't see anything in upcoming deliveries. Maybe there was a system or spelling error.

Congrats! I had some issues with all my blood work not being done at my original visit on 5/18 and had to get new blood drawn on 5/27. Hopefully it won’t impact the turn around time to much.
Frank2022  
#264 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 7:43:35 AM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This morning I created a UPS My Choice account, as suggested by other users. I see that a label was created today for a package from CHS and that the package will arrive on June 7. I couldn't help but laugh because it was so simple to do and for what? Just to be able to see two business days in advance that we are to receive the CHS package. (And yes, I'd still choose to create the account again in hindsight!) We are all so anxious / excited (rightfully so!) to hear something as soon as possible at each step this process has us take - can you imagine not having this forum and having to wait at each step in the complete dark?

Anyway, I am excited to hear from you all when we start getting our FO!
Aaron  
#265 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 8:28:59 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I’m very excited for all of us that is waiting on their FO. I’m sure I’m not the only one that the anticipation is killing!
YouGotAudited  
#266 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 11:51:08 AM(UTC)
YouGotAudited

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good luck everyone. I got my results packet exactly 1 week ago, on 5/27. No follow ups that I’m aware of. Should be any day now!
anon789non  
#267 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 2:28:23 PM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

i hope the bloodwork comes back with good results. Throughout the process any result slowly calms the nerves, even if the UPS thing is only a couple days away, it'll still give you a peace of mind. I have learned so much from this forum, without it the anticipation would drive me mad. You're not the only one that the anticipation is getting to. I feel so close and yet so far away. Theres also the background check that i'm freaking out about =[ I had two issues that would make it complicated. It would suck so hard if i get FO, quit my job, go to FLETC, and then get rejected on the background check like a year from now. But I have to stay POSITIVE!!!!!!
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#268 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 5:54:23 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
i hope the bloodwork comes back with good results. Throughout the process any result slowly calms the nerves, even if the UPS thing is only a couple days away, it'll still give you a peace of mind. I have learned so much from this forum, without it the anticipation would drive me mad. You're not the only one that the anticipation is getting to. I feel so close and yet so far away. Theres also the background check that i'm freaking out about =[ I had two issues that would make it complicated. It would suck so hard if i get FO, quit my job, go to FLETC, and then get rejected on the background check like a year from now. But I have to stay POSITIVE!!!!!!

If it's beyond 7 years....you should be fine. IRS will rescind any offer if they don't think the candidate will pass the background. So if you got the FO, as long as you didn't lie on the forms, you should be fine with the final adjudication. I was hired in June and got my background back July the next year.

PM me with questions
thanks 1 user thanked IRSSpecialAgent_1Day for this useful post.
anon789non on 6/6/2022(UTC)
Hmmmm  
#269 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 6:27:40 PM(UTC)
Hmmmm

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 20 post(s)

Someone I had been recruiting for a while had his offer pulled the same day others were getting the FO and start dates. Due to background issues that were never discussed with me so it was surprising but at least it was prior to heading off to GA for 6 months.
thanks 1 user thanked Hmmmm for this useful post.
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day  
#270 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2022 7:35:32 PM(UTC)
IRSSpecialAgent_1Day

United States

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hmmmm Go to Quoted Post

Someone I had been recruiting for a while had his offer pulled the same day others were getting the FO and start dates. Due to background issues that were never discussed with me so it was surprising but at least it was prior to heading off to GA for 6 months.

Exactly. Better before quitting current job and heading to FLETC.
thanks 1 user thanked IRSSpecialAgent_1Day for this useful post.
AccountName01  
#271 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2022 8:30:09 AM(UTC)
AccountName01

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Looks like FLETC is reopening on 6/22, approximately one month since they went into lockdown. Any thoughts on if this is likely to impact FO timelines? Or most likely just a longer waiting period between EOD and FLETC?

I'm in the group that received medical results last week (no follow-ups, as far as I can tell), so the anticipation is killing me!
thanks 1 user thanked AccountName01 for this useful post.
anon789non  
#272 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2022 9:47:34 AM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Just got to hope for the best. Thank you for the providing FLETC reopening date, how exactly did you find out that it was closed and is reopening? Just need to hurry up and wait lol
Frank2022  
#273 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2022 11:24:03 AM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Originally Posted by: AccountName01 Go to Quoted Post
Looks like FLETC is reopening on 6/22, approximately one month since they went into lockdown. Any thoughts on if this is likely to impact FO timelines? Or most likely just a longer waiting period between EOD and FLETC?

I'm in the group that received medical results last week (no follow-ups, as far as I can tell), so the anticipation is killing me!

From what I have heard FLETC status shouldn't impact FO timelines, especially with the end of the FY approaching, but it could impact waiting period between EOD and FLETC.
thanks 1 user thanked Frank2022 for this useful post.
Aaron  
#274 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 3:47:25 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I hope I’m wrong, but from what I’ve read and heard I think it’ll be a couple more weeks before FO go out.
thanks 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
anon789non on 6/7/2022(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy  
#275 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:00:23 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

When did y’all hear back about a TO? I’m in the 2022 announcement, just curious when y’all heard back after the interview.
YouGotAudited  
#276 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 5:28:13 AM(UTC)
YouGotAudited

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
3 weeks between interview and TO
thanks 1 user thanked YouGotAudited for this useful post.
anon789non on 6/7/2022(UTC)
goldscca  
#277 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 7:39:51 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post
When did y’all hear back about a TO? I’m in the 2022 announcement, just curious when y’all heard back after the interview.

16 days for me between my interview and my TO
anon789non  
#278 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 7:44:15 AM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Got the TO 22 days after interview.
Abdel675  
#279 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 1:30:46 PM(UTC)
Abdel675

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Received medical results earlier today. The spirometry that had me spooked out turned out just fine. Then, about an hour ago, I got the call! Start date 7/3, with a reporting date of 7/5. FLETC 8/16. Good luck to all!
thanks 2 users thanked Abdel675 for this useful post.
anon789non on 6/7/2022(UTC), YouGotAudited on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Frank2022  
#280 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 2:08:02 PM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Originally Posted by: Abdel675 Go to Quoted Post
Received medical results earlier today. The spirometry that had me spooked out turned out just fine. Then, about an hour ago, I got the call! Start date 7/3, with a reporting date of 7/5. FLETC 8/16. Good luck to all!

Congratulations!!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed