Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

20 Pages«<1314151617>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frank2022  
#281 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 2:08:02 PM(UTC)
Frank2022

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Abdel675 Go to Quoted Post
Received medical results earlier today. The spirometry that had me spooked out turned out just fine. Then, about an hour ago, I got the call! Start date 7/3, with a reporting date of 7/5. FLETC 8/16. Good luck to all!

Congratulations!!
anon789non  
#282 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2022 7:26:38 PM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Congratulations abdel675. I actually got the call this evening as well. EOD 7/5/22, FLETC 8/16/22. WOOT WOOT, the wait has finally paid off. Good luck to everyone still waiting for the call/email.
thanks 1 user thanked anon789non for this useful post.
YouGotAudited on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Theendofall  
#283 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 4:35:19 AM(UTC)
Theendofall

Antigua and Barbuda

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
well I failed the color vision portion. Gonna see if a ophthalmologist can sign me off on it but I am not optimistic at this point.
TXofc92  
#284 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 6:52:01 AM(UTC)
TXofc92

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Theendofall Go to Quoted Post
well I failed the color vision portion. Gonna see if a ophthalmologist can sign me off on it but I am not optimistic at this point.

Was it the test where it's a bunch of dots and they ask you to state the number you see? I'm not color blind, but am a bit color deficient and have trouble with those sometimes.
Aaron  
#285 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 6:55:39 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congratulations to everyone who has gotten their FO! I am just patiently waiting hoping that I hear something soon!
Theendofall  
#286 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 7:04:47 AM(UTC)
Theendofall

Antigua and Barbuda

Originally Posted by: TXofc92 Go to Quoted Post

Was it the test where it's a bunch of dots and they ask you to state the number you see? I'm not color blind, but am a bit color deficient and have trouble with those sometimes.

Yeah, that's the one. Unfortunately you have to pass it completely to get the job i guess
drew93  
#287 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 9:25:58 AM(UTC)
drew93

United States

Congrats to everyone who received their FO!

Has everyone here received follow-up from there medical already? My original appointment was 5/18 but had to go get another blood draw done on 5/27 because they didn’t do it correctly. Still haven’t heard anything and it’s driving me crazy.
dormar  
#288 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 9:49:41 AM(UTC)
dormar

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: drew93 Go to Quoted Post

Has everyone here received follow-up from there medical already? My original appointment was 5/18 but had to go get another blood draw done on 5/27 because they didn’t do it correctly. Still haven’t heard anything and it’s driving me crazy.

I haven't, but I was out of town for a while. I didn't have my medical done until 6/1 and TB follow up 6/3, so you are not the furthest behind. Still waiting on my response from CHS, but the doctor told me I passed everything.

I'm guessing it will still be a couple of weeks before I get my FO.
thanks 1 user thanked dormar for this useful post.
drew93 on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Aaron  
#289 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 10:05:08 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I received my CHS packet on 5/25 with no follow ups and haven’t heard anything yet
thanks 1 user thanked Aaron for this useful post.
drew93 on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Abdel675  
#290 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 12:08:31 PM(UTC)
Abdel675

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Our process is very similar. My medical was 5/18, with the TB on 5/20. On 5/23, CHS emailed me to let me know that the depth perception result wasn't recorded and one of my blood tubes wasn't spun correctly (whatever that meant). I did the depth perception and the repeat draw the following day, 5/24. On 5/25 they reached out to confirm they had everything. 6/7 is when the UPS arrived. Seeing how you had the repeat draw three days after mine, I'd give it till 6/10 for the UPS. If you're really on edge, sign up for UPS and it'll allow you to track the package!
AccountName01  
#291 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 12:11:57 PM(UTC)
AccountName01

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: anon789non Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations abdel675. I actually got the call this evening as well. EOD 7/5/22, FLETC 8/16/22. WOOT WOOT, the wait has finally paid off. Good luck to everyone still waiting for the call/email.

Congratulations anon789 and abdel675!
If you don't mind sharing, were you two internal hires, or external hires? (completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose).

My onboarding timeline has looked very similar to what you both shared (received medical results back last week, no follow-ups), and I am trying to gauge if I should hope for a call soon, or settle in for a few more weeks of waiting. My guess would be that internals process faster, but that is just speculation.

thanks 1 user thanked AccountName01 for this useful post.
anon789non on 6/8/2022(UTC)
Abdel675  
#292 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 12:56:14 PM(UTC)
Abdel675

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AccountName01 Go to Quoted Post

If you don't mind sharing, were you two internal hires, or external hires? (completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose).

My onboarding timeline has looked very similar to what you both shared (received medical results back last week, no follow-ups), and I am trying to gauge if I should hope for a call soon, or settle in for a few more weeks of waiting. My guess would be that internals process faster, but that is just speculation.

Internal hire here. When being verbally offered the position, the caller did mention that internal hires do cruise through certain steps (some paperwork, etc.). I am not sure if that relates to your delay in receiving a call, but I am sure yours is coming!
thanks 1 user thanked Abdel675 for this useful post.
AccountName01 on 6/9/2022(UTC)
anon789non  
#293 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2022 1:46:33 PM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Originally Posted by: AccountName01 Go to Quoted Post

I was actually an external hire, but my fingerprints were already in the system. As for everyone waiting, i wish you all the best, don't let it drive you crazy , but instead try to occupy your mind with something and ALWAYS have your phone on you. I got a call late in the evening.
thanks 1 user thanked anon789non for this useful post.
AccountName01 on 6/9/2022(UTC)
Dog  
#294 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 7:05:17 AM(UTC)
Dog

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Congrats to everyone who got their final offer. For those who did, has your background check been fully completed and your references been contacted?
Hmmmm  
#295 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 7:20:44 AM(UTC)
Hmmmm

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dog Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to everyone who got their final offer. For those who did, has your background check been fully completed and your references been contacted?

Since the pipeline reopened in 2016 I have not heard of anyone's background being completed prior to starting. Mine took almost 2 years. I believe they are faster now. If you are not sure about something you might want to start asking questions.

I imagine this setup makes people who think they have questionable things in their background occasionally not take an offer for worry of being let go at a moments notice. Maybe it's all by design.
Hmmmm  
#296 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 7:24:20 AM(UTC)
Hmmmm

United States

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 20 post(s)
It's also likely part of a plan to not invest resources in a new hire before they accept the job.
Theendofall  
#297 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 2:26:58 PM(UTC)
Theendofall

Antigua and Barbuda

Well I got a second opinion on my color vision and the doctor signed off on it. I'm hoping to get an FO soon.

Did you guys do the Lautenberg certificate? The wording on the portal made it seem like you don't submit it until you start.
anon789non  
#298 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 2:44:11 PM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Well I got a second opinion on my color vision and the doctor signed off on it. I'm hoping to get an FO soon.

Did you guys do the Lautenberg certificate? The wording on the portal made it seem like you don't submit it until you start.

Good luck on the updated second opinion. From my understanding you sign the COE and Lautenberg when you receive your FO.
dubyac  
#299 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2022 7:00:28 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dog Go to Quoted Post

I’m doubtful that gets started before you start.

Sometime before you start, I understand there’s standard background check. Making sure there’s no outstanding warrants, convictions, etc.

Then your background investigation is started as you near graduating FLETC. My class started getting contacted as we finished SAIT. Some did their background interviews at FLETC. I did mine back at the field office. Then, your references are contacted.

I’m not sure if the background investigators have a prescribed order for how to conduct the backgrounds.

This pattern has held so far with recent hires.
goldscca  
#300 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 6:11:54 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
fully expected to see more people post about getting FO through out the week, hopefully more of us will get the call by the end of the day. I tried to reach out to HR to find out if I would get any notification about the results of my follow up on my medical (if im now cleared), but no response. So i'm not sure if I'm now waiting to hear back about medical or if Im just waiting to get FO or Not Selected email.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed