Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

20 Pages«<1415161718>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dormar  
#301 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:34:22 AM(UTC)
dormar

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was a little late getting my medical done, and just received the results today. Is there a specific way to tell if you need follow ups? It doesn't say I need to follow up, but it also doesn't say I do not need to follow up.

It seems pretty generic, but it does say the they recommend I share any marked items with my own doctor. There is a mark for one of the blood test results, but I'm not sure that means I need a follow up or not. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to fill anything else out though.

I wish they were a little more clear about these follow ups.
Aaron  
#302 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:41:13 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dormar Go to Quoted Post
I was a little late getting my medical done, and just received the results today. Is there a specific way to tell if you need follow ups? It doesn't say I need to follow up, but it also doesn't say I do not need to follow up.

It seems pretty generic, but it does say the they recommend I share any marked items with my own doctor. There is a mark for one of the blood test results, but I'm not sure that means I need a follow up or not. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to fill anything else out though.

Mine had the same page on the front. From my understanding as long as it has this basic page on the front you cleared medical. I do know the things that will dial you out are vision and hearing. As long as you for sure passed these you should be cleared.
anon789non  
#303 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:44:42 AM(UTC)
anon789non

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I dont know how many people started posting on here, but i read somewhere that the IRS CI SA acceptance rate was incredible low (under 1%). I do hope that more people get their FO's and let us know on here. There's a multitude of factors involved in the decision so hard to pinpoint what hurdle is for each individual. As for the medical follow ups, it says somewhere on the page that there will be follow up instructions in the packet if you have to follow up. If not then you should be good to go. There was more discussion on this couple pages back.
Abdel675  
#304 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:45:06 AM(UTC)
Abdel675

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Sounds like you are cleared. If you only get the stapled packet that starts with "courtesy letter" and is followed by the results of everything, then you should be cleared. That's what everyone who is cleared from the initial medical gets. The courtesy letter with the items marked is more of an FYI.
dubyac  
#305 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 10:46:03 AM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)

The medical form will call out things that are of note/concern (high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) but unless there's an explicit "you did not meet xyz requirement, here's the follow up form" then you don't have to.
Aaron  
#306 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 11:09:11 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Originally Posted by: anon789non Go to Quoted Post
I dont know how many people started posting on here, but i read somewhere that the IRS CI SA acceptance rate was incredible low (under 1%). I do hope that more people get their FO's and let us know on here. There's a multitude of factors involved in the decision so hard to pinpoint what hurdle is for each individual. As for the medical follow ups, it says somewhere on the page that there will be follow up instructions in the packet if you have to follow up. If not then you should be good to go. There was more discussion on this couple pages back.

I may be wrong? But I do believe this is most likely referring to not getting a TO. The TO is representing getting accepted into the job. FO should follow as long as you’re medically cleared and don’t have any issues with background.

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2022 11:09:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dormar  
#307 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2022 11:18:31 AM(UTC)
dormar

United States

Related to the ongoing discussion, it's just more patience. I haven't gotten my FO yet, but they said to expect one as long as I pass the medical portion.

The Supervisory SA from my assigned field office reached out and had me go in, meet everyone and take an office tour. I don't think they would have done that if they thought my FO wasn't coming.

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2022 12:07:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AccountingGrad  
#308 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 10:45:38 AM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
How long did it take for you guys to hear back from Medical? I had the exam on 6/1 and nothing back yet. Failed the vision portion test due to it being poorly administered and 7-year-old prescription, I already got updated documentation from my optometrist ready to go.
Aaron  
#309 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 10:52:53 AM(UTC)
Aaron

Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
How long did it take for you guys to hear back from Medical? I had the exam on 6/1 and nothing back yet. Failed the vision portion test due to it being poorly administered and 7-year-old prescription, I already got updated documentation from my optometrist ready to go.

I think the average time is around 2 weeks from what I’ve seen. I got mine back in 9 days
AMLFed  
#310 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 10:59:23 AM(UTC)
AMLFed

United States

Anyone know how long to hear back post follow ups? I had two and both were submitted by 6/10. Wondering if I should expect to hear back this week.
Theendofall  
#311 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2022 11:13:36 AM(UTC)
Theendofall

Antigua and Barbuda

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AMLFed Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know how long to hear back post follow ups? I had two and both were submitted by 6/10. Wondering if I should expect to hear back this week.

I'm honestly expecting it to be another 2 to 3 weeks after follows up were submitted. I assume they will be mailing results to us similar to the initial exam
Memberthatoneguy  
#312 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 7:06:07 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: Abdel675 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AccountName01 Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations abdel675. I actually got the call this evening as well. EOD 7/5/22, FLETC 8/16/22. WOOT WOOT, the wait has finally paid off. Good luck to everyone still waiting for the call/email.

Congratulations anon789 and abdel675!
If you don't mind sharing, were you two internal hires, or external hires? (completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose).

My onboarding timeline has looked very similar to what you both shared (received medical results back last week, no follow-ups), and I am trying to gauge if I should hope for a call soon, or settle in for a few more weeks of waiting. My guess would be that internals process faster, but that is just speculation.

Internal hire here. When being verbally offered the position, the caller did mention that internal hires do cruise through certain steps (some paperwork, etc.). I am not sure if that relates to your delay in receiving a call, but I am sure yours is coming!

Did you get your TO sent to your personal email or government email? Just curious since I’m gonna be on leave for a week and don’t want to miss an email.
Abdel675  
#313 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 8:21:55 AM(UTC)
Abdel675

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations abdel675. I actually got the call this evening as well. EOD 7/5/22, FLETC 8/16/22. WOOT WOOT, the wait has finally paid off. Good luck to everyone still waiting for the call/email.

If you don't mind sharing, were you two internal hires, or external hires? (completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose).

My onboarding timeline has looked very similar to what you both shared (received medical results back last week, no follow-ups), and I am trying to gauge if I should hope for a call soon, or settle in for a few more weeks of waiting. My guess would be that internals process faster, but that is just speculation.

Internal hire here. When being verbally offered the position, the caller did mention that internal hires do cruise through certain steps (some paperwork, etc.). I am not sure if that relates to your delay in receiving a call, but I am sure yours is coming!

Did you get your TO sent to your personal email or government email? Just curious since I’m gonna be on leave for a week and don’t want to miss an email.

Personal, because that is the one I have listed on my usajobs account (and therefore my application). The TO is sent to the email associated with your application.
Memberthatoneguy  
#314 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2022 11:00:22 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post

Personal, because that is the one I have listed on my usajobs account (and therefore my application). The TO is sent to the email associated with your application.

Ok, I was just curious because I’ve gotten all the updates to my personal email. However, they sent my interview invite to my irs email though. I just don’t want to miss it.
AccountName01  
#315 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 9:00:04 AM(UTC)
AccountName01

Has anyone had any correspondence with HR or heard anything from the rumor mill regarding FOs recently?
Hopefully we are getting close!
YouGotAudited  
#316 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:12:55 AM(UTC)
YouGotAudited

United States

I just got the call :)
Frank2022  
#317 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:26:39 AM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: YouGotAudited Go to Quoted Post

Congrats!! Do you have the same start time and FLETC time as the others?
AccountName01  
#318 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:35:20 AM(UTC)
AccountName01

Congratulations!
Do you mind sharing if you are internal or external? (Completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose)
YouGotAudited  
#319 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:49:59 AM(UTC)
YouGotAudited

United States

Originally Posted by: Frank2022 Go to Quoted Post

Congrats!! Do you have the same start time and FLETC time as the others?

Thank you! It is pretty similar. I have the option to start July 5 or July 18 (I selected the 18th) and FLETC mid august.
YouGotAudited  
#320 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2022 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
YouGotAudited

United States

Congratulations!
Do you mind sharing if you are internal or external? (Completely understand if you would prefer not to disclose)

Thank you! I am external.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed