Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

20 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FL1811  
#61 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:03:33 PM(UTC)
FL1811

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Th85 Go to Quoted Post
I received an e-mail stating I am tentatively eligible for GS 7/9 on 01/04/22 and I didn't get any update after that, does that mean I didn't make it to the next step?

Originally Posted by: Catspajamas1811 Go to Quoted Post
This week on the info session they said they’re unable to provide a notice that you didn’t qualify at different steps until the closing is complete so not for several months at least.

It’s possible based on your responses to the initial quiz you were deemed qualified but upon a manual review before invitation to KaSE you weren’t deemed qualified.

You can always apply to the 2022 posting. They stated they’ll pull the first batch of applications in March and aim to do so monthly. Just make sure you fix whatever may have deemed you not qualified.

Just to add it seems like everyone on this board at least received their KaSE invite on 1/29. Which makes me think you may not have qualified but hard to say.

Today was the last day to take the KaSE for this posting. I received the email on 1/27 that stated my qualifications were reviewed and I could schedule the KaSE. So assuming you did not receive that email or another email from an IRS panpowered address to schedule to the exam then you could probably assume you were not qualified to move on. Double check your spam folder to make sure that you didn't receive the panpowered email.
Catspajamas1811  
#62 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2022 5:10:25 PM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ncc2610 Go to Quoted Post
Have the recent interviews still via WEBEX (internet) or will they be going back to in person live interviews any time soon?

They stated on the virtual job fair this last week that interviews are still being conducted virtually and that was in regards to the 2022 posting. So it’s safe to say for this posting it’ll be virtual.
thanks 1 user thanked Catspajamas1811 for this useful post.
ncc2610 on 2/10/2022(UTC)
FrugalPug  
#63 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2022 7:16:51 PM(UTC)
FrugalPug

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Question for those already working for the IRS: if you apply for a major city with multiple IRS offices, are you assigned an office, or is there some choice in the matter?

As an example, I applied for Houston, but on Googling I see there are at least four Houston IRS offices. Do you have a choice of which location to work from?

Catspajamas1811  
#64 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2022 5:28:30 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

You are assigned an office. Different offices have different business operating divisions and different roles.
FrugalPug on 2/26/2022(UTC)
dubyac  
#65 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2022 4:49:38 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrugalPug Go to Quoted Post
Question for those already working for the IRS: if you apply for a major city with multiple IRS offices, are you assigned an office, or is there some choice in the matter?

As an example, I applied for Houston, but on Googling I see there are at least four Houston IRS offices. Do you have a choice of which location to work from?

You’ll be assigned your first POD. Not all the Houston IRS offices necessarily have an IRS-CI presence.

Before your final offer you’ll be notified of which POD you’ve been assigned.
Catspajamas1811  
#66 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2022 8:46:10 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Originally Posted by: 2123_Actual Go to Quoted Post
Do the KaSE results usually come out as a batch announcement or are they sent out once grading is completed for that individual?

From past announcements it looks like it comes out as a batch. I think I was one of the first of this post to take the test (1/29) and no results yet.
2123_Actual on 2/28/2022(UTC)
AccountingGrad  
#67 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2022 6:34:24 PM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Anyone know how flexible FLETC start dates are, as in if it would be possible to start at a later date, like with a class from another batch of new hires? I ask this because I have a major surgery coming up in 6-12 months which has been a long time coming and will take 1-2 months to recover from, and if I get a FO depending on the FLETC date it might conflict. Would it be a take it or leave it / reapply again later or are there other options.
forensicacc412  
#68 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2022 5:48:46 AM(UTC)
forensicacc412

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know how flexible FLETC start dates are, as in if it would be possible to start at a later date, like with a class from another batch of new hires? I ask this because I have a major surgery coming up in 6-12 months which has been a long time coming and will take 1-2 months to recover from, and if I get a FO depending on the FLETC date it might conflict. Would it be a take it or leave it / reapply again later or are there other options.

You will want to speak with your HR rep that calls you when you get the FO. If it is possible, they will probably defer your FO until a few weeks before you would go to FLETC. (Or maybe they would still onboard you and adjust.) I got most relevant FLETC details with my FO call so that would be the time to ask. Also keep in mind that agency required temporary restrictive duty (TRD) after surgery may be longer than what you or your doctor may believe is the recovery time.

My two cents would be to take the FLETC date they give you if you already have medical clearance. That said, you won't be able to stop the academy half way through for the medical procedure, unless something at FLETC caused it. Once you graduate the academy and are considered an agent, it is a lot more forgiving if you need to go on TRD for surgery.
thanks 1 user thanked forensicacc412 for this useful post.
AccountingGrad on 3/7/2022(UTC)
goldscca  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2022 10:18:42 AM(UTC)
goldscca

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
We made it to one month post the last day to take the Kase and still no results. I noticed on the forum for the job listing prior to this one that someone just got a FO even though they were only a Cat C, so that's a positive for anyone who thinks they may not have done great. It looks like that applicant had the interview within a few weeks of getting the KASE results back so hopefully we will all be interviewing end March/early April.
Hoping to hear something soon, I have another job offer that I have to turn down and I was hoping to feel more secure about where I stand with this one first.
B0z21  
#70 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:17:13 PM(UTC)
B0z21

Anyone get KASE results yet? Took mine a little over a month ago.
Catspajamas1811  
#71 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2022 12:38:58 PM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Took mine 1/29 - based off previous timelines I would’ve thought we’d hear something by now but I should know better with IRS hiring timelines.. sigh
Woody87  
#72 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2022 1:26:42 PM(UTC)
Woody87

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Took mine 1/29 - based off previous timelines I would’ve thought we’d hear something by now but I should know better with IRS hiring timelines.. sigh

Lol I’ve been in this process since July…
Catspajamas1811  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2022 5:27:40 PM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

I’m convinced they check these forums and delay our results an additional week every time they see us complain. Maybe they had to wait until the budget was signed into law to ensure spending levels - budget was signed today - so maybe soon? Fingers crossed.
dubyac  
#74 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2022 1:04:53 PM(UTC)
dubyac

United States

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 2123_Actual Go to Quoted Post
I’m convinced they check these forums and delay our results an additional week every time they see us complain. Maybe they had to wait until the budget was signed into law to ensure spending levels - budget was signed today - so maybe soon? Fingers crossed.

They created a GS-12 position just for that. I imagine them sitting there like a house fly rubbing their hands together waiting. Ha

I'm sympathetic to the wait. My process took a year to the day and was really pleased it looked like we had gotten it down to 6-8 months last year. Then again, still an improvement over some of the guys in my office that had to wait 3 years.
thanks 1 user thanked dubyac for this useful post.
Catspajamas1811 on 3/16/2022(UTC)
B0z21  
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:21:48 AM(UTC)
B0z21

I got my results: did not pass. I passed last time, and I thought I did better this time. Oh well.
stepup  
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:30:03 AM(UTC)
stepup

United States

If we got "We reviewed your application and found you eligible for this series/grade combination" just now, does this mean we passed the KaSE?
B0z21  
#77 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:30:33 AM(UTC)
B0z21

From my past experience, yes.
Catspajamas1811  
#78 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:31:57 AM(UTC)
Catspajamas1811

United States

Eligible for GL - 7/9. Best of luck to everyone checking.
AccountingGrad  
#79 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:32:12 AM(UTC)
AccountingGrad

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
What is provisional status? Just got an email about it but no results or anything
B0z21  
#80 Posted : Thursday, March 17, 2022 10:33:44 AM(UTC)
B0z21

Originally Posted by: AccountingGrad Go to Quoted Post
What is provisional status? Just got an email about it but no results or anything

Check end of email
Rss Feed  Atom Feed