Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Kit Lee  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 7:14:30 AM(UTC)
Kit Lee

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi I was asked to select a start date for a new job, which I picked Jan 16th. HR said they submitted the FO for internal review/approval on 11/23; it's been almost 3 weeks. I definitely didn't want to blindside my current job with a short notice so I gave my them a head ups and said it's like a 99% chance that I'll be leaving but no written notice of resigning because I'm waiting for the FO.

Any idea when FO is usually received before starting date? TIA
MovinUp  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 13, 2021 9:03:09 PM(UTC)
MovinUp

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
12 years ago, my new division head pulled many strings with HR to get a FO to me in early July for a start date in late Aug. I was awaiting the final offer before sending out our wedding invitations! I was moving across the country for a new job where my future spouse had already moved. I was surprised that HR had to be prodded when I was already selling possessions and soliciting movers and realtors. This was for a transfer, rather than as a new employee, but I doubt that it's different.

Good luck.
Kit Lee  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 11:09:33 AM(UTC)
Kit Lee

United States

I guess they were reading these forums because I received my FO today hurray! Talked to my friend and they said they received theirs one week before their starting date. Same agency/division/office so I guess it just varies.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed