Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mxshodog  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 3:05:16 PM(UTC)
mxshodog

Groups: Registered

I’m not sure if this is right forum but I’ll get it a shot. I’m currently overseas working for the DOD Navy. I got hired for which is a promotion from GS9 – GS11 in another part of the Japan. Now I need to PCS to my new duty station and was authorized HHG shipment NTS (currently have NTS stateside). My question is can I add some of my HHG here to my NTS stateside since I’m PCS to another command?
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2022 4:24:40 PM(UTC)
FatHappyCat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Doubtful, but who knows. The way I read DoN orders, when you received new orders for your promotion, the new command agreed to honor your previous transportation agreement so you can still collect LQA, SOFA support, etc. NTS is likely one of the things that were transferred and orders generally don't let you do more than 1 NTS pickup. You could get your orders amended so anything is possible, but it'll most likely be another NTS as opposed to combining it. Needless to say, you'll also be taxed on the shipment back to CONUS for that move. :(

If you can make it to 2025, the storage itself and retrieval will be free since that is when the tax expires. Personally, unless you have a serious attachment to the stuff, just sell it and load up on ニトリ stuff; it's so much better. :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed