Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

26 Pages«<242526
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Portland2022  
#501 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 2:25:57 AM(UTC)
Portland2022

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello everyone,

My job portal just updated to “awaiting phase 1 testing” but it’s been over 48 hours and I still have not received an email to schedule a testing date. How long did you wait before being able to schedule your P1 test?

Thank you
Crimson777  
#502 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 5:53:03 AM(UTC)
Crimson777

United States

Originally Posted by: Cincinnati1987 Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

My job portal just updated to “awaiting phase 1 testing” but it’s been over 48 hours and I still have not received an email to schedule a testing date. How long did you wait before being able to schedule your P1 test?

Thank you

Just sit tight, times vary often with the entire process. Unless they specifically state a time frame to hear back, be prepared to wait up to 2 weeks. If you don't hear back after 2 weeks that's when I'd probably send follow-up. Again this all depends on the particular phase, but I generally would hear back within 2 weeks in most cases.
jj25720  
#503 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 3:55:04 PM(UTC)
jj25720

United States

Originally Posted by: Crimson777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jj25720 Go to Quoted Post
hey everyone, first time poster, been looking in the federal soup archives regarding the M&G and I'm just seeing tips from during covid protocols and before that so wondering if anyone has some insight on how theirs went and any tips they can give, thanks!

Sure, I did the M&G twice. Once pre covid and once after covid (this past february). There isn't much to it now as it's still done via video call on teams/zoom.

Obviously, Dress up and look professional, I wouldn't take any shortcuts there. I also feel asking questions during your M&G shows a bit more engagement and depth to you. However, others may correct me, but it's all about the resume for the M&G in my opinion. You really need to take a LOT of time crafting your resume to fit exactly what they're looking for (the core competencies). You want your resume to demonstrate each core and make sure its apparent through all the resume. Rumor is they take the resume and feed it in a computer that scans it and looks for keywords and if you score high enough you're deemed competitive.

Do not try to submit a normal resume. I would almost make a custom resume specifically for this position and continue to utilize the words used in the core competencies (not just the word itself, but also the language they use to describe each core).

Beyond that it's really low key, way less intense compared to my first time doing it in person. My interview was in and out within 15-20 minutes. I think if your resume is done correctly they won't have much to ask you.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I am actually doing it in person lol but I appreciate the resume tip. May I ask why you had to do it twice?

Crimson777  
#504 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2022 5:33:00 PM(UTC)
Crimson777

United States

Originally Posted by: Crimson777 Go to Quoted Post
hey everyone, first time poster, been looking in the federal soup archives regarding the M&G and I'm just seeing tips from during covid protocols and before that so wondering if anyone has some insight on how theirs went and any tips they can give, thanks!

Sure, I did the M&G twice. Once pre covid and once after covid (this past february). There isn't much to it now as it's still done via video call on teams/zoom.

Obviously, Dress up and look professional, I wouldn't take any shortcuts there. I also feel asking questions during your M&G shows a bit more engagement and depth to you. However, others may correct me, but it's all about the resume for the M&G in my opinion. You really need to take a LOT of time crafting your resume to fit exactly what they're looking for (the core competencies). You want your resume to demonstrate each core and make sure its apparent through all the resume. Rumor is they take the resume and feed it in a computer that scans it and looks for keywords and if you score high enough you're deemed competitive.

Do not try to submit a normal resume. I would almost make a custom resume specifically for this position and continue to utilize the words used in the core competencies (not just the word itself, but also the language they use to describe each core).

Beyond that it's really low key, way less intense compared to my first time doing it in person. My interview was in and out within 15-20 minutes. I think if your resume is done correctly they won't have much to ask you.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I am actually doing it in person lol but I appreciate the resume tip. May I ask why you had to do it twice?

Oh! I guess no more zoom calls lol. Yikes haha either way it was still much more low key for me than my first try.

I had to do it twice because I didn't make it my first go round. I was deemed "not competitive" which I think was largely due to how I did my resume my first time. So, I ended up going back to school for a year and changing jobs/careers to add more to my qualifications reapplied, fixed the resume and now...i'm waiting for my medical review
Portland2022  
#505 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2022 3:17:17 PM(UTC)
Portland2022

United States

Happy to say that I passed Phase 1 :) Now onto the long haul of this journey.

I'm a current fed with a CI Polygraph and TS/SCI - Does anyone with a similar background have insight into how the bureau handles background investigations for TS/SCI clearance holders?
1811_Z  
#506 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 7:35:18 AM(UTC)
1811_Z

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Portland2022 Go to Quoted Post
Happy to say that I passed Phase 1 :) Now onto the long haul of this journey.

I'm a current fed with a CI Polygraph and TS/SCI - Does anyone with a similar background have insight into how the bureau handles background investigations for TS/SCI clearance holders?

Congrats on Phase 1! I'm also a current Fed with a TS/SCI - they will run your BI from scratch. Some folks with current clearances have a pretty quick turnaround, others do not. After the poly, my BI took almost exactly 6 months (I have lived/traveled a fair amount overseas).

Good luck moving forward!
M&G: 4/2021
P2 (W/I): 6/2021
CAO: 8/2021
PSI/Poly/MED: 8-9/2021
BI: 9/2021
ADJ: 3/2022
Q (projected): 12/2022
thanks 1 user thanked 1811_Z for this useful post.
Portland2022 on 9/26/2022(UTC)
Portland2022  
#507 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 7:07:57 AM(UTC)
Portland2022

United States

Regarding the Phase 2 interview, were all of the question behavioral questions?

My strategy is to think of 5 stories that can apply to the core competencies, I hope I am on the right track.

NGP  
#508 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 7:44:29 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)

My strategy is to think of 5 stories that can apply to the core competencies, I hope I am on the right track.

You are but think of a lot more stories.
Portland2022  
#509 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2022 5:23:16 PM(UTC)
Portland2022

United States

Originally Posted by: NGP Go to Quoted Post

Noted! Thank you! At this point just gonna go ahead and get a story for each competency and work on a good answer for “why do you wanna be an FBI agent”
Nap7891  
#510 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 4:44:06 AM(UTC)
Nap7891

United States

Noted! Thank you! At this point just gonna go ahead and get a story for each competency and work on a good answer for “why do you wanna be an FBI agent”

Good luck, you got this!
JohnSmith1776  
#511 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 8:48:34 PM(UTC)
JohnSmith1776

United States

Doesanyone have details abouthardship requests as a new agent? My spouse is military, is due to PCS to a new location around my BFTC graduation (feb 2023 class), and we have 2 kids. I understand that accommodations cannot always be made,but is there a process to request a specific location under these circumstances? It isn't a very obscure location,but it also isn't one of the largest FOs.
NGP  
#512 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2022 4:10:17 AM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnSmith1776 Go to Quoted Post
Doesanyone have details abouthardship requests as a new agent? My spouse is military, is due to PCS to a new location around my BFTC graduation (feb 2023 class), and we have 2 kids. I understand that accommodations cannot always be made,but is there a process to request a specific location under these circumstances? It isn't a very obscure location,but it also isn't one of the largest FOs.

Yes there's a process to request a military hardship, shouldn't be an issue and you'll get briefed on it at Quantico.
JohnSmith1776  
#513 Posted : Saturday, October 1, 2022 7:38:50 AM(UTC)
JohnSmith1776

United States

Originally Posted by: JohnSmith1776 Go to Quoted Post

Yes there's a process to request a military hardship, shouldn't be an issue and you'll get briefed on it at Quantico.

Thanks. I've heard mixed messages about it, ranging from no consideration to making all efforts to co-locate.
Nap7891  
#514 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2022 3:58:50 AM(UTC)
Nap7891

United States

I see some people stating when they pass medical. There isn’t a medical check on the portal so I’m assuming they were notified by the recruiter or HR? Just curious as it’s been around a month since my medical and haven’t heard anything back. If no news is good news then I’ll leave it at that but I’ve also read where people have had their applications held up by something small with medical too.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed