Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

20 Pages«<181920
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cody47  
#381 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2022 4:37:08 AM(UTC)
Cody47

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: phase1attempt2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUSM90 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Christ T Go to Quoted Post
I’m on final offer stage cleared background back in May and im now a little over 3 weeks post medical. I’m hoping for an email soon with a target class.

You might be waiting a minute. I’ve been pending final offer since mid April and no word about upcoming classes. I think a few guys on here with similar timelines to mine have had some type of comms about future class dates, but it also depends on if your about to age out or have “special” skills they need. I’d say, expect to be in a December class at the earliest

Do we have any insight on the "special" skills at the moment? I know it's a fluid and changes year to year. Just wondering if my background happens to fit into the needs of the Bureau at the moment.

Cyber.
phase1attempt2  
#382 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 4:42:54 AM(UTC)
phase1attempt2

United States

Originally Posted by: Cody47 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: phase1attempt2 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DUSM90 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Christ T Go to Quoted Post
I’m on final offer stage cleared background back in May and im now a little over 3 weeks post medical. I’m hoping for an email soon with a target class.

You might be waiting a minute. I’ve been pending final offer since mid April and no word about upcoming classes. I think a few guys on here with similar timelines to mine have had some type of comms about future class dates, but it also depends on if your about to age out or have “special” skills they need. I’d say, expect to be in a December class at the earliest

Do we have any insight on the "special" skills at the moment? I know it's a fluid and changes year to year. Just wondering if my background happens to fit into the needs of the Bureau at the moment.

Cyber.

Darn, was hoping for law/legal. Oh well.

SparkySF  
#383 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2022 10:02:15 AM(UTC)
SparkySF

United States

Long-time Lurker, first time poster.

My timeline:

P1: 8/19
M&G: 9/19
P2 (W): 9/19 PASS
PFT: 10/19 PASS
App Withdrawn, couldn't pass up a job opportunity.

Reactivated: 4/2022
P2 (I): 5/2022 PASS
PFT: 6/22 24 points
CAO: 6/22.

Time to get through background.
Cody47  
#384 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 11:15:55 AM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

The BFTC guide on the FBI website says that when you arrive at Quantico, you cannot be accompanied by anyone else (family, friends, etc.). However, my wife is driving with me so that she can take the car back with her. Given that, what exactly does this policy mean? should I expect to get the gate of the base, take my stuff, and say goodbye to my wife there and walk with my things to wherever I'm going? Just trying to understand how that is all going to go...
NGP  
#385 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:32:01 PM(UTC)
NGP

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 25 post(s)
The BFTC guide on the FBI website says that when you arrive at Quantico, you cannot be accompanied by anyone else (family, friends, etc.). However, my wife is driving with me so that she can take the car back with her. Given that, what exactly does this policy mean? should I expect to get the gate of the base, take my stuff, and say goodbye to my wife there and walk with my things to wherever I'm going? Just trying to understand how that is all going to go...

You'll coordinate with your AC prior to arrival.

Emp895  
#386 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 10:07:19 PM(UTC)
Emp895

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Is there a link to the GL pay scale for all of the cities like there is for the GS pay scale, or am I missing something? I’ve only found a general one but was wanting to look at what the pay would be for cities in my top ten to see how it varies.
BrainyCanyons  
#387 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 2:14:49 AM(UTC)
BrainyCanyons

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Emp895 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a link to the GL pay scale for all of the cities like there is for the GS pay scale, or am I missing something? I’ve only found a general one but was wanting to look at what the pay would be for cities in my top ten to see how it varies.

OPM has them here

https://www.opm.gov/poli...ay-leave/salaries-wages/

I prefer to use federalpay.org since it is much more user friendly. Also, GL-10 step 1 should match GS-10 step 2 so you can just look at that instead of switching between two pay scales.

Edited by user Thursday, June 23, 2022 2:15:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked BrainyCanyons for this useful post.
Emp895 on 6/23/2022(UTC)
Cody47  
#388 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 7:34:16 AM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

Originally Posted by: BrainyCanyons Go to Quoted Post

OPM has them here

I prefer to use federalpay.org since it is much more user friendly. Also, GL-10 step 1 should match GS-10 step 2 so you can just look at that instead of switching between two pay scales.

Random question since you guys are on the topic of pay. When promoted from GL-10, step 2 to GS-11, would you go to GS-11, step 3? Trying to understand the two step rule for promotions in the federal government.
BrainyCanyons  
#389 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:27:54 AM(UTC)
BrainyCanyons

OPM has them here

Random question since you guys are on the topic of pay. When promoted from GL-10, step 2 to GS-11, would you go to GS-11, step 3? Trying to understand the two step rule for promotions in the federal government.

2 step promotion means you determine the new Grade/step by moving up 2 steps in current grade then finding the lowest pay in the next highest grade that's higher than current pay. Following that, to promote from GL-10 step 1, you'd have to find the lowest GS-11 step that is higher than GL-10 step 3. Which I think is GS-11 step 2.

*Not sure if there's anything else to take into consideration when moving from GL to GS scale.
thanks 1 user thanked BrainyCanyons for this useful post.
Cody47 on 6/23/2022(UTC)
Cody47  
#390 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 12:55:14 PM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

Anyone receive their FJO for the July class yet?
Emp895  
#391 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 3:50:02 PM(UTC)
Emp895

Anyone receive their FJO for the July class yet?

They say final offers don’t go out until 2-4 weeks before class start date. Class start date is July 31st, so I’d say week of July 5-8 or July 11-15 would be when they’d start rolling out.
BrainyCanyons  
#392 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 12:52:45 PM(UTC)
BrainyCanyons

Well time to obsessively refresh my email
Emp895  
#393 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2022 12:54:13 PM(UTC)
Emp895

My heart rate just went up to like 100 beats/second. I’m with ya on the non stop refreshing!!
Cody47  
#394 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 9:57:59 AM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

My heart rate just went up to like 100 beats/second. I’m with ya on the non stop refreshing!!

Do you guys mean just because it is getting closer to the time when people would normally hear or that you've heard something about them sending out FJOs soon?
BrainyCanyons  
#395 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 10:02:21 AM(UTC)
BrainyCanyons

Do you guys mean just because it is getting closer to the time when people would normally hear or that you've heard something about them sending out FJOs soon?

There was another post that we were responding to saying that offers were going out but it's deleted now so who knows. Back to only semi-obsessively refreshing for me.
Cody47  
#396 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 7:02:28 PM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

There was another post that we were responding to saying that offers were going out but it's deleted now so who knows. Back to only semi-obsessively refreshing for me.

Ahhhh that makes these comments make way more sense. On another note, has anyone gotten a packing list other than what's available on the FBI website (recommended things to bring, etc.) from their FO? If so, any chance of sharing some of the recommended items via PM? I haven't heard anything on this from my FO.
JJ152  
#397 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 8:26:46 PM(UTC)
JJ152

United States

I was told that the FOs will come out around the 4th.
Ghostzapper  
#398 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 8:51:04 PM(UTC)
Ghostzapper

United States

For those at the end of the process, how long after your references were contacted did it take before you cleared background?
Emp895  
#399 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2022 9:45:49 PM(UTC)
Emp895

Originally Posted by: Ghostzapper Go to Quoted Post
For those at the end of the process, how long after your references were contacted did it take before you cleared background?

I was adjudicated about 3 weeks after the background investigator reached out for the first time. From reading this forum, that appears to be much quicker than most. But then again, all the other stuff had been done (medical, credit check, etc).

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2022 11:21:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammatical error

Cody47  
#400 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2022 3:28:25 AM(UTC)
Cody47

United States

Originally Posted by: Ghostzapper Go to Quoted Post

Around 4-5 months.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed