Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

18 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BananaCoconut  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 12:20:32 PM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BlameToby Go to Quoted Post

I have heard before that they were going to tier applicants based on their background. I’m not sure if they started that yet.

I've gotten that impression as well, though I don't think it's a new thing. Or maybe it has come and gone over the years.

Anecdotally, I also knew someone who was told before others that they were for-sure in a prior class, but it would be the last class offered before said person's 37th birthday, so they probably made it certain to avoid processing an age-waiver.
FBI_Wannabe  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 12:28:09 PM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BananaCoconut Go to Quoted Post

I have heard before that they were going to tier applicants based on their background. I’m not sure if they started that yet.

I've gotten that impression as well, though I don't think it's a new thing. Or maybe it has come and gone over the years.

Anecdotally, I also knew someone who was told before others that they were for-sure in a prior class, but it would be the last class offered before said person's 37th birthday, so they probably made it certain to avoid processing an age-waiver.

Oh, okay. So it is a formal rack and stack of who they want to go and about when they want them in the class. I was thinking something else.
Annino  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 5:11:33 PM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FBI_Wannabe Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Just got the phone call! I’m officially on the roster for the February class!

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Thank you! For reference my timeline, BG and Med were both done end of November with a two passing PFTs in September and December.

If I am not put on the February roster I will have to take the PFT again, at least it will be sometime in the Spring. Again, congrats.

Don't get bummed out. Some people don't find out until 2 weeks before class date.

Can you explain the tier system? I haven't heard anything like that before and I am not sure what you mean.

The tiering rumor is just that. It's purely conjecture. None of the applicants and even in most cases, the field offices, know for sure.

Edited by user Friday, January 14, 2022 5:12:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

COmtbr  
#24 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 6:52:02 PM(UTC)
COmtbr

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey guys. Took my poly and just heard that I was deemed inconclusive... WIth that being said, I'm quite worried. Im one who massively overthinks in these types of scenarios, and I think I over stressed myself. Now... Knowing I'm going to have to go about it again, and that its my final shot, I'm even more stressed out. I'm worried the elevated stress is going to hurt me further. Now that I've taken it, I know the questions that are being asked and Ive been sitting here thinking about them... Overthinking again.

Desperation mode here, last shot at my dream. Anyone have any tips to get me through this. I've never smoked a cigarette let alone partaken in any kind of drug. And my criminal history maxes out at one speeding ticket. lol. I should not be this stressed out. But I am. PM me if you'd like.
FBI_Wannabe  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 9:26:57 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Originally Posted by: COmtbr Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys. Took my poly and just heard that I was deemed inconclusive... WIth that being said, I'm quite worried. Im one who massively overthinks in these types of scenarios, and I think I over stressed myself. Now... Knowing I'm going to have to go about it again, and that its my final shot, I'm even more stressed out. I'm worried the elevated stress is going to hurt me further. Now that I've taken it, I know the questions that are being asked and Ive been sitting here thinking about them... Overthinking again.

Desperation mode here, last shot at my dream. Anyone have any tips to get me through this. I've never smoked a cigarette let alone partaken in any kind of drug. And my criminal history maxes out at one speeding ticket. lol. I should not be this stressed out. But I am. PM me if you'd like.

What time did you take your poly? I have heard that people have a more difficult time passing in the afternoon than in the morning. I have taken several and always did in the morning and haven't really had any issues. That might help a little, but I think there is a lot of truth that tejffosncyeb gave you with his advice. You need to find a way to take a lot of pressure off your shoulders if you want a chance at a favorable outcome.

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.
GlengoolieBlue  
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 5:08:00 PM(UTC)
GlengoolieBlue

United States

I got called earlier this week confirming me for the February class but still waiting on the final offer.
GlengoolieBlue  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2022 4:18:52 AM(UTC)
GlengoolieBlue

United States

Applied 04/2020
PH I Test 05/2020
M&G 06/2020
PH II Test 05/2021
PH II Interview 06/2021
BG 08/2021
PFT 11/2021
Q 02/2022
GlengoolieBlue  
#28 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 6:44:38 AM(UTC)
GlengoolieBlue

United States

Do y’all think prior failed polygraphs will hurt my chances with the FBI? I have passed the FBI one but have not for other agencies, one being federal.

They are aware as I told them during the PSI, it’s just one of those things that worries me now that I’m in background.

Do y’all think the FBI will ask for access to my other polygraph records and determine me ineligible or deny me for suitability even though I’ve passed the FBI poly?

Also, I was never told I “failed”, but received rejection emails after.

I think they may look into previous investigations. But if you passed the FBI poly and were truthful on your SF-86, I wouldn't stress too much about it.
thanks 1 user thanked GlengoolieBlue for this useful post.
Emp895 on 1/17/2022(UTC)
bulldogg88  
#29 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2022 10:40:10 AM(UTC)
bulldogg88

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I heard that background investigations are about to go kick off full speed. I guess they slowed down because of the holidays and funding. Not sure. From the FO I am processing out of.
Navy80  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 5:27:50 AM(UTC)
Navy80

Man

Does anyone know if you can use the GI Bill during the academy? I've got 10 months left and would love that Quantico BAH.
No Factor  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 7:56:28 AM(UTC)
No Factor

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anyone know how to fix this 403 Forbidden Error? I can't PM anyone, so just a heads up for those awaiting my replies
BananaCoconut  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:07:23 AM(UTC)
BananaCoconut

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
We are less than 4 weeks from Feb 13, who else is obsessively refreshing their inbox?

FBI_Wannabe  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:20:30 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Originally Posted by: Navy80 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if you can use the GI Bill during the academy? I've got 10 months left and would love that Quantico BAH.

You can find a more in-depth explanation in the GI BILL thread, but the gist of it is no, because you can’t collect VA education benefits if the training is paid for by the federal government as defined by the Government Employee’s Training Act (GETA).
Mission0  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:36:57 AM(UTC)
Mission0

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)

You can find a more in-depth explanation in the GI BILL thread, but the gist of it is no, because you can’t collect VA education benefits if the training is paid for by the federal government as defined by the Government Employee’s Training Act (GETA).

My spouse was able to use her GI bill for FLETC while in CBP training last year. So I'm thinking Quantico may be approved also.
FBI_Wannabe  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:51:31 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Originally Posted by: Mission0 Go to Quoted Post

My spouse was able to use her GI bill for FLETC while in CBP training last year. So I'm thinking Quantico may be approved also.

The GI BILL thread talks about that. It said CBP and Marshals are authorized because they are still considered apprentice after the course but FBI agent’s are considered fully trained in accordance with GETA.
BlameToby  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 8:53:24 AM(UTC)
BlameToby

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

The GI BILL thread talks about that. It said CBP and Marshals are authorized because they are still considered apprentice after the course but FBI agent’s are considered fully trained in accordance with GETA.

This is true, while there are some federal law enforcement academies that are GI Bill approved, Quantico is not.
Mission0  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 9:19:14 AM(UTC)
Mission0

This is true, while there are some federal law enforcement academies that are GI Bill approved, Quantico is not.

Wow didn't know that! Thanks for the info! I'll review the GI BILL thread.

Mission0  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
Mission0

We are less than 4 weeks from Feb 13, who else is obsessively refreshing their inbox?

Me! I've been checking the portal and emails!
BoundMorpheme  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 9:33:34 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Me! I've been checking the portal and emails!

Same here. Can’t come soon enough.
RickRolled  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:19:42 AM(UTC)
RickRolled

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Glad to know it isn't just me obsessively refreshing!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed