Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

21 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BoundMorpheme  
#101 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 5:11:13 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GlengoolieBlue Go to Quoted Post
I got my FJO on 1/24- looking forward to seeing everyone who’s in the February class and good luck to everyone still in the pipeline.

Different topic- I’ve got a friend who is coming off active duty soon as an humint collector. She’s looking at the FBI but wants to keep doing humint. Is there something she can apply to where she’d land directly in some type of humint job?

The October 12, 2021 episode of “The Bureau” hosted by Frank Figliuzzi is all about the FBI’s role in collecting intelligence. She could start there. It’s on Apple Podcasts and lots of other places.
thanks 1 user thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
GlengoolieBlue on 1/28/2022(UTC)
BoundMorpheme  
#102 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 5:19:22 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

FJO received!
thanks 2 users thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
cmar on 1/28/2022(UTC), ctnyc21 on 1/28/2022(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe  
#103 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 6:03:00 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ctnyc21 Go to Quoted Post
Also received my FJO tonight. See y’all in Feb!

Congrats!
thanks 1 user thanked FBI_Wannabe for this useful post.
ctnyc21 on 1/28/2022(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe  
#104 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 6:04:24 AM(UTC)
FBI_Wannabe

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BoundMorpheme Go to Quoted Post
FJO received!

Thats awesome dude!
BlameToby  
#105 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 10:09:35 AM(UTC)
BlameToby

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FBI2022Hopeful Go to Quoted Post
For anybody who currently works for the FBI and transferred from another federal agency (or who has just transferred from one federal job to another before), do you get to take the vacation/sick leave with you to the FBI, and do you have to redo all your benefits, or is it a seamless transition? Any insight on this would be great.

I believe if you are a current federal employee (not military) and there’s no break in service all your leave will transfer with you.
JJ152  
#106 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 10:40:40 AM(UTC)
JJ152

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I got my FJO on 1/24- looking forward to seeing everyone who’s in the February class and good luck to everyone still in the pipeline.

Different topic- I’ve got a friend who is coming off active duty soon as an humint collector. She’s looking at the FBI but wants to keep doing humint. Is there something she can apply to where she’d land directly in some type of humint job?

She can continue with the Army Reserves or National Guard if she wanted to do that. She can still do her job in that capacity. In regards to the Bureau, she can put CI/CT as her top choices if she gets into Quantico and hope that she gets it. They probably collect a lot of intel on adversaries. Given that she is a HUMINT Collector (35M), she most likely speaks another language. Have her take a language test and submit it to the FBI if she hasn't done that already (has to be within a year of taking the DLPT). This MAY increase her chances of getting that, but no guarantee. Good luck to you and her.
thanks 1 user thanked JJ152 for this useful post.
GlengoolieBlue on 1/28/2022(UTC)
BlameToby  
#107 Posted : Friday, January 28, 2022 12:00:38 PM(UTC)
BlameToby

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: polisciguy Go to Quoted Post

She can continue with the Army Reserves or National Guard if she wanted to do that. She can still do her job in that capacity. In regards to the Bureau, she can put CI/CT as her top choices if she gets into Quantico and hope that she gets it. They probably collect a lot of intel on adversaries. Given that she is a HUMINT Collector (35M), she most likely speaks another language. Have her take a language test and submit it to the FBI if she hasn't done that already (has to be within a year of taking the DLPT). This MAY increase her chances of getting that, but no guarantee. Good luck to you and her.

Does an NAT actually get the opportunity to request any particular area of crime? Or is there some informal process where you are asked what you are interested in at Quantico just so they can keep it in mind in case it happens to coincide with the needs of the Bureau?

FBI_HOPEFUL2373  
#108 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 1:49:46 PM(UTC)
FBI_HOPEFUL2373

United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Anyone have any experience with an application being placed on Hold in the special agent portal(previously it was listed as "Final Offer")? I plan on reaching out to my AC tomorrow but wanted to hear any thoughts here.

My application still lists me as being the the pre-Q PFT stage (I have previously been adjudicated). I am hopeful it just means that they are holding my application until I have a chance to take my PFT so that I can be scheduled for a class.

Appreciate any thoughts!
App5/20
P1:6/20
M&G:7/20
P2I:9/20
PFT:11/20
CO:11/20
PSI:12/20
Poly:1/21
Poly2:2/21
Med:3/21
PreQ PFT 6/21
PreQ PFT 2/22
Q 6/22
cmar  
#109 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2022 3:00:13 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Does an NAT actually get the opportunity to request any particular area of crime? Or is there some informal process where you are asked what you are interested in at Quantico just so they can keep it in mind in case it happens to coincide with the needs of the Bureau?

I’ve been told yes. You (aka your supervisor) get to share your preferences with the FO after orders night. They either have room to abide by that placement or they put you in some other focus.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
thanks 1 user thanked cmar for this useful post.
Cody47 on 1/31/2022(UTC)
cmar  
#110 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2022 11:30:54 AM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post

I’ve been told yes. You (aka your supervisor) get to share your preferences with the FO after orders night. They either have room to abide by that placement or they put you in some other focus.

Does this apply to SA's and IA's?

That’s my understanding. If anything, it wouldn’t apply to IAs because I was told this information by an SA lol. I think it’s a safe assumption both get to do that though.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
Trooper2SA  
#111 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 6:42:47 AM(UTC)
Trooper2SA

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Trooper2SA Go to Quoted Post
Long time reader, first time poster. Just had a quick question in reference to the background investigation. I passed my polygraph on 10/04/21, and got notified my background investigation began. Credit pulled, references, neighbors, employers, spouse contacted, etc. On 01/18/22, the individual who conducted my PSI contacted me for some information that got erased on my initial PSI. He related that my background was being reviewed by HQ. Today my date changed and background investigation has a green check mark. Does that indicate it officially done and submitted for adjudication? Or that adjudication has been completed.

Thanks in advance!

For anyone interested or following this topic, I spoke with my AC today and she advised me that the date change along with the green check mark next to background investigation, on the special agent portal, indicate that I have been favorably adjudicated.

thanks 4 users thanked Trooper2SA for this useful post.
specialagentgirl on 2/1/2022(UTC), e2b13 on 2/1/2022(UTC), Cody47 on 2/1/2022(UTC), Emp895 on 2/25/2022(UTC)
Trooper2SA  
#112 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 5:42:56 PM(UTC)
Trooper2SA

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That is correct, there will be no update to the portal until you are adjudicated. I only found out that Headquarters was reviewing my background investigation by my processing field office calling me for additional information in relation to the PSI. Once the green checkmark is next to background investigation in the portal you are good to go.
thanks 1 user thanked Trooper2SA for this useful post.
Cody47 on 2/1/2022(UTC)
skepticalsigh  
#113 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2022 7:19:15 PM(UTC)
skepticalsigh

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: specialagentgirl Go to Quoted Post
I applied last week and just passed my phase 1 assessment today. How long does it normally take to schedule the meet and greet? Anyone else in a similar part in the process?

I think we are on very similar timelines! I took phase I in mid-January and just had my meet and greet rescheduled (bad weather) for next week.
Applied 12/2021
Phase I 1/2022
M&G 2/22
GlengoolieBlue  
#114 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2022 8:35:18 AM(UTC)
GlengoolieBlue

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I saw in part of the welcome packet to bring a jacket during winter months. Does anyone know if outerwear needs to be blue like the shirts on the packing list? Random question, but just trying to figure out if I need anything else before reporting.
BoundMorpheme  
#115 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 5:49:07 AM(UTC)
BoundMorpheme

United States

I saw in part of the welcome packet to bring a jacket during winter months. Does anyone know if outerwear needs to be blue like the shirts on the packing list? Random question, but just trying to figure out if I need anything else before reporting.

Our undershirts must be blue or black because they will be part of our uniform worn during working hours. We will also be issued a fleece jacket as part of our uniform. My interpretation is that any other jackets we bring can be any color since they will be worn outside of working hours.
thanks 1 user thanked BoundMorpheme for this useful post.
GlengoolieBlue on 2/3/2022(UTC)
debellil  
#116 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 7:48:40 AM(UTC)
debellil

United States

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 24 post(s)
How much time are those that are Q ready planning on taking off of work before Q (if any)? I’ve got a pretty stressful job both because of the type of job and because it’s not a great work environment anymore, so I’ve been pretty burnt out for a while now. When I got the call saying I’m in the April class a couple of weeks ago I was told to take off whatever time I need before (as long as I can afford it obv), and that some people in the military just go leave as soon as they get that call. I was originally planning on doing two weeks, but as my job gets more miserable, I’m leaning towards a month. I’m just curious about what others are planning on doing.
Annino  
#117 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 10:10:03 AM(UTC)
Annino

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Anyone take a PFT in the winter? Any tips? Taking my Pre-Q in a few weeks.
e2b13  
#118 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2022 11:53:28 AM(UTC)
e2b13

United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annino Go to Quoted Post
Anyone take a PFT in the winter? Any tips? Taking my Pre-Q in a few weeks.

Layer up and try to get a few runs outside to get your body used to the cold. It was in the 20s and windy when I took mine in Dec. I felt my muscles tightening up and made the 1.5 a bit rough. Good luck on your PFT!
thanks 1 user thanked e2b13 for this useful post.
Annino on 2/3/2022(UTC)
WG15  
#119 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 7:49:01 AM(UTC)
WG15

Man
United States

Has anyone heard when the next class after April is? I’m schedule for the PFT on April and I don’t think I will make it to the April class. Background cleared in December.

Edited by user Friday, February 4, 2022 7:54:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1811_Z  
#120 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2022 8:07:20 AM(UTC)
1811_Z

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WG15 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone heard when the next class after April is? I’m schedule for the PFT on April and I don’t think I will make it to the April class. Background cleared in December.

Per my FO, after April it’s tentatively June/July/Sept for FY’22.
Reactivated: 3/2021
M&G: 4/2021
P2 (W): 6/2021
P2 (I): 6/2021
CAO: 8/2021
PSI/Poly/MED: 8-9/2021
BI: 9/2021
ADJ: 3/2022
thanks 2 users thanked 1811_Z for this useful post.
e2b13 on 2/4/2022(UTC), WG15 on 2/4/2022(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed