Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

12 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Wellwellwell  
#41 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 5:08:57 AM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

Groups: Registered
United States

I have my KaSE on Monday April 4th. Wish I had more to yo prep but it will be nice to have it done!
BF3FAN1  
#42 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 5:10:44 AM(UTC)
BF3FAN1

United States

Originally Posted by: Wellwellwell Go to Quoted Post
I have my KaSE on Monday April 4th. Wish I had more to yo prep but it will be nice to have it done!

I have mine on the 9th. It was the only weekend day that they had in my area. Luckily I was able to snag that date.
NavyWolverine  
#43 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2022 12:41:14 PM(UTC)

Anyone familiar with the GS11/12 IRS CI 1811 process? Announcement was open for about 2 weeks last month (March). Thanks in advance.

Edited by user Friday, April 1, 2022 12:46:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TXofc92  
#44 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2022 7:13:40 AM(UTC)
TXofc92

Man
United States

Finally got my last transcript and applied. Just finished the job sim assessment, hoping for a good score as most of it was common sense to me with my LEO background. Fingers crossed! Good luck to those taking the KaSE.
Memberthatoneguy  
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2022 4:14:03 PM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

I’m happy I found a time for Saturday. I’m swamped during the week.
BF3FAN1  
#46 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 12:24:09 PM(UTC)
BF3FAN1

United States

How do you think you did?
Wellwellwell  
#47 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 6:00:50 PM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

United States

Originally Posted by: BF3FAN1 Go to Quoted Post

I think I did okay. For sure some stuff I did not know but that’s to be expected I suppose. It’s been a while since I took a test like that….probably back when I hired on with the state. My words to my wife after, “my brain hurts and I just want to go stare at a wall for a while.” Haha.
BF3FAN1  
#48 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 6:12:11 PM(UTC)
BF3FAN1

United States

I think I did okay. For sure some stuff I did not know but that’s to be expected I suppose. It’s been a while since I took a test like that….probably back when I hired on with the state. My words to my wife after, “my brain hurts and I just want to go stare at a wall for a while.” Haha.

I’m sure you did great! Do you think studying helped at all? I’m really nervous about this test 😂
Memberthatoneguy  
#49 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2022 7:44:26 PM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Was the accounting stuff super tough? Feel like I haven’t done that basic stuff in years.
Wellwellwell  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:24:39 AM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

United States

I’m sure you did great! Do you think studying helped at all? I’m really nervous about this test 😂

Honestly I would not worry to much about studying. I am sure you will do great too! The recruiter I talked to described it as basic math and either you know if or you don’t know it material.
Wellwellwell  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:26:13 AM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

United States

Originally Posted by: Memberthatoneguy Go to Quoted Post

Was the accounting stuff super tough? Feel like I haven’t done that basic stuff in years.

I don’t want to go into to much detail as the test was pretty secret squirrel about talking about what’s on the test. But you have way more accounting experience than I do.
Memberthatoneguy  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:40:59 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

I don’t want to go into to much detail as the test was pretty secret squirrel about talking about what’s on the test. But you have way more accounting experience than I do.[/quote

I was just curious, I haven’t done basic accounting stuff in awhile. I have my BA and MACC in accounting. Currently an RA, so just hope I remember the basic stuff.
Wellwellwell  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:45:36 AM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

United States

I don’t want to go into to much detail as the test was pretty secret squirrel about talking about what’s on the test. But you have way more accounting experience than I do.[/quote

I was just curious, I haven’t done basic accounting stuff in awhile. I have my BA and MACC in accounting. Currently an RA, so just hope I remember the basic stuff.

I totally get it man! For what it’s worth I don’t even know what a MACC is so I am sure you are going to be better prepared for that part of the test than I am. Just out of curiosity did you quality for GS 7 or 9?

Memberthatoneguy  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 7:54:03 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

I totally get it man! For what it’s worth I don’t even know what a MACC is so I am sure you are going to be better prepared for that part of the test than I am. Just out of curiosity did you quality for GS 7 or 9?

Macc is masters in accountancy. I qualified for gs-9 because that’s what I am right now. I currently work for the IRS as an RA. I got my accounting degrees specifically for an 1811 position. I was never really enthused with taxes.
Wellwellwell  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:06:24 AM(UTC)
Wellwellwell

United States

Macc is masters in accountancy. I qualified for gs-9 because that’s what I am right now. I currently work for the IRS as an RA. I got my accounting degrees specifically for an 1811 position. I was never really enthused with taxes.

Yea I am pretty sure you will rock that accounting portion out then if you have a masters in it. I would not worry to much about that.

You are probably more familiar with the hiring process than I am. If I understand right, after our test is graded we are ranked as A/B or C. Is that correct? And is that based off our test only? Or our test results and experience as indicated in our application?

Thanks

Memberthatoneguy  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:14:22 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

I never made it to the KASE last time. When I was doing it then I saw that you got ranked A/B or C. I saw in another recent thread that you just receive an email saying you passed or didn’t this time. Dependent upon what you make on the exam then you will get an interview. I saw on that recent thread that some Cat C people got offers. Last time I did it, all of the Cat C people did not get an interview. I know they are trying to fill a lot of positions right now. My friend is a CI and he said they need people pretty bad right now.
Frank2022  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:20:38 AM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I took KaSE in February 2022 and was only told that I passed. I was not given a category rating. This was the same for others who took the KaSe around that time.
cmor5150  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:24:08 AM(UTC)
cmor5150

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Same they used to give ratings, I never got one this time but still scheduled for an interview.
Memberthatoneguy  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:26:42 AM(UTC)
Memberthatoneguy

United States

Originally Posted by: cmor5150 Go to Quoted Post
Same they used to give ratings, I never got one this time but still scheduled for an interview.

Are the interviews still on zoom? Or are they in person now?
Frank2022  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2022 8:27:58 AM(UTC)
Frank2022

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mine was via Zoom.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed