Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Career Planning and Development

Are you looking to get promoted?
Maybe a change in your federal career?
Need tips on resume writing to land a federal job?
Or how to increase your salary or get a pay raise?

Join this active discussion with others climbing the same challenging career ladder.

Consider ordering some helpful resources or read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues by visiting FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andre2016  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2022 9:38:11 PM(UTC)
Andre2016

Groups: Registered

I’ve been on PPP for a year now, recently I updated my resume. A few days after that I was contacted by an hiring agency in Washington State, Fort Lewis. Identifying me as a PPP match for tiger organization and had some questions. This area is way out of my range as I was looking around Florida, only interested in the East Coast. I think the new organization contacting me illegally because the hand book suggest no contact should be made until hiring actions are decided. Now I know I have a hit there, is it possible I may have other hits as well or only one at a time?
RVRGRL  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 7:02:35 AM(UTC)
RVRGRL

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 35 post(s)
You've been on PPP for a year. While I don't know all the ins and outs of PPP, I do know that you can start at your area of choices, after so many weeks of no hits, it widens to region, then all of U.S. So that the match is outside your initial preference locations shouldn't be a surprise. Have you reviewed the PPP Handbook? It should give you all the information you need.
thanks 1 user thanked RVRGRL for this useful post.
JDSIII on 3/14/2022(UTC)
JDSIII  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2022 8:27:10 AM(UTC)
JDSIII

Man
United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I recall that your area of preference was just for the first 90 days. Every 90 days after that the eligibility area expanded to another region. I don't believe that they are contacting you illegally, you should reach out to your local HR Rep.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed