Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DHS

The Department of Homeland Security has a vital mission: to secure the nation from the many threats we face. This requires the dedication of more than 230,000 employees in jobs that range from aviation and border security to emergency response, from cybersecurity analyst to chemical facility inspector. [Their] duties are wide-ranging, but [their] goal is clear: keeping America safe. (source: www.dhs.gov)

Perhaps you are working for the DHS or interested in working for the DHS. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DHS.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BOPDUDE  
#41 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 5:04:49 PM(UTC)
BOPDUDE

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NY85mu Go to Quoted Post
First-time poster here. Quick question about the APAT if anyone could assist, was the Illinois agility run performed on turf or on a track/pavement?

Mine was conducted in a parking lot...

Take what you want from that
FederalGn  
#42 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2022 8:20:47 PM(UTC)
FederalGn

United States

Originally Posted by: BOPDUDE Go to Quoted Post
First-time poster here. Quick question about the APAT if anyone could assist, was the Illinois agility run performed on turf or on a track/pavement?

Mine was conducted in a parking lot...

Take what you want from that

Lol, mine was on a basketball court. We also ran the 1.5 mile on the court as well…. The Secret Service is truly an interesting agency I should say
Jinx  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:17:30 PM(UTC)
Jinx

United States

Mine was done on pavement in a parking lot. Their "cones" were taped Xs on the asphalt. If you can beat the time, surface type shouldn't matter too much. I trained on a field myself. Definitely practice the pattern a lot, after you're done with your test runs, just walk the pattern. A few people at my APAT messed up on the pattern and only got 1 score instead of the better of the 2.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 27, 2022 1:19:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

USSS UD
6/22 Apply
7/22 UDEE
8/22 APAT
8/22 SUPER
9/22 SEC. Interview
Rss Feed  Atom Feed