Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheNMT  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 9:16:13 AM(UTC)
TheNMT

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone,

I noticed my application status changed to Phase 1 but I have yet to receive any info. Anyone on the same boat? If you have gone through the process, how did you study and prepare?
Stormlight  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2022 12:06:38 PM(UTC)
Stormlight

Originally Posted by: TheNMT Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I noticed my application status changed to Phase 1 but I have yet to receive any info. Anyone on the same boat? If you have gone through the process, how did you study and prepare?

From my experience, you should receive a follow-up email in roughly 2-3 weeks inviting you to register for the Phase I Assessment. Regarding preparation, there's really nothing you can do to study for it. Just show up, do your best and you'll be fine.
Uni  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2022 1:22:18 PM(UTC)
Uni

United States

My app status changed 04/26 and I was able to schedule my Phase 1 test today. Does anyone know how soon after testing you'll know if you advance to the next phase?
Areyounotentertained?!  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2022 7:55:20 PM(UTC)
Areyounotentertained?!

United States

Originally Posted by: TheNMT Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

Same here! I saw a resource guide online with a few reviews I have considered purchasing. I was also thinking about reaching out to maybe some FBI intel people on LinkedIn to see if they had any advice. Here's a link to the service:

https://www.jobtestprep....st-phase-i-practice-test

Best of luck!
gcrhodes  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 1:00:23 PM(UTC)
gcrhodes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
When did this open? I can't find it in their careers website.

I've been stuck Phase 3 since 2020. I submitted my SF86 a few weeks before the pandemic and it has been radio silence despite attempts from me to reach out and ask for a status. I've been waiting for a new IA opening to see if I could just re-apply that way.
Amalgamation  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2022 3:33:52 PM(UTC)
Amalgamation

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Areyounotentertained?! Go to Quoted Post

Same here! I saw a resource guide online with a few reviews I have considered purchasing. I was also thinking about reaching out to maybe some FBI intel people on LinkedIn to see if they had any advice. Here's a link to the service:

https://www.jobtestprep....st-phase-i-practice-test

Best of luck!

Your best guide to the application process is going to be the IASP Candidate Information packet (hyperlink under the IA Selection Process here: https://fbijobs.gov/care...hs/intelligence-analysts).

Go back and read previous years' IA forums, there's a lot of insight and different people's experiences there. What you won't get is direct information on the tests, because everyone signs an NDA before taking the tests. The (good) advice you'll get the most is be well rested, follow what guidance you do get, and get there early. Shake out the jitters and have faith in yourself.
Airedale260  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2022 1:24:14 PM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gcrhodes Go to Quoted Post

I've been stuck Phase 3 since 2020. I submitted my SF86 a few weeks before the pandemic and it has been radio silence despite attempts from me to reach out and ask for a status. I've been waiting for a new IA opening to see if I could just re-apply that way.

I haven’t seen anything, either. I’m supposed to get a notification when new jobs post for U.S. citizens but haven’t seen anything (although I’m also convinced FBIJOBS hates me because it never retains my information and I have to fill it out every time I sign in.

I had an old application attempt pending from 2016, but I don’t know if that’s an old announcement or a continuous one (it appears it’s still active so I haven’t actually withdrawn). Is it all one announcement or is it the same as USAJOBS where there are spurts from each agency and only briefly?
TheNMT  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2022 1:39:14 PM(UTC)
TheNMT

United States

It opened March 30th I believe. The opening only stayed up for a few days.

I did take my Phase 1 this morning and received a notification with the results as I walked out. I was shocked. Thought it would take at least 2 weeks like everything else.

That prep packet is definitely the best route to take. It tells you what you can research to review and it was a good option for me.

Good luck everyone!!

Where are you all located? I’m in Atlanta
gcrhodes  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 7:06:20 AM(UTC)
gcrhodes

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post

I haven’t seen anything, either. I’m supposed to get a notification when new jobs post for U.S. citizens but haven’t seen anything (although I’m also convinced FBIJOBS hates me because it never retains my information and I have to fill it out every time I sign in.

I had an old application attempt pending from 2016, but I don’t know if that’s an old announcement or a continuous one (it appears it’s still active so I haven’t actually withdrawn). Is it all one announcement or is it the same as USAJOBS where there are spurts from each agency and only briefly?

Same here! I haven't received their new jobs emails in months and every time I log in it asks me to update my info. That's a bummer it was only up for a few days. I honestly don't know what to do about being stuck in limbo with them. I would really love to be an IA, that's my dream. At this point I am making a lot more at my current job than what my conditional offer was for, so at this point I'm just giving up on doing something I enjoy.
TheNMT  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 7:52:56 AM(UTC)
TheNMT

United States

Originally Posted by: Uni Go to Quoted Post
My app status changed 04/26 and I was able to schedule my Phase 1 test today. Does anyone know how soon after testing you'll know if you advance to the next phase?

I received an e-mail as soon as I walked out. This was on Monday (5/9)
HopefullyChozen2Lead  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 8:26:06 AM(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Got the email to schedule phase 2 test (I failed it last year). Has anyone taken it?
App: 09/2020
Interviews: 12/2020
CJO: 12/2020
PSI: 03/2021
FP/DT: 03/2021
Poly: 04/2021
BI Start: 05/2021
BI End: 12/2021
Airedale260  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 12:23:51 PM(UTC)
Airedale260

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Airedale260 Go to Quoted Post

Same here! I haven't received their new jobs emails in months and every time I log in it asks me to update my info. That's a bummer it was only up for a few days. I honestly don't know what to do about being stuck in limbo with them. I would really love to be an IA, that's my dream. At this point I am making a lot more at my current job than what my conditional offer was for, so at this point I'm just giving up on doing something I enjoy.

I just have to hope they do something in the next couple of years, I guess. It’s kind of frustrating…I set up an alert so I could get it because of all the problems with the FBIJOBS site and it didn’t work. I didn’t see anything on USAJOBS, either, despite setting it up so I get daily notifications (and got three 132 announcements elsewhere I put in for). They announce the agent positions but not analysts on USAJOBS, which I find odd, but hey, their call.

Oh well. As far as process goes, it may be budgetary…the feds are slow as all hell when it comes to getting stuff completed. I wouldn’t give up hope unless they tell you “no” as it may be a budget thing.
alaska32  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2022 1:39:25 PM(UTC)
alaska32

Hello! Does anyone know how negotiable offers are from the CJO until the time your FJO arrives? Say it's been several years since applying, does the HR division revise offers based on experience gained in the interim? Also, does an IA's grade or step increase as a result of training at Q? I've heard other federal agencies bump pay when training and/or probation period is complete.
cmar  
#14 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2022 1:32:59 PM(UTC)
cmar

United States

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: alaska32 Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Does anyone know how negotiable offers are from the CJO until the time your FJO arrives? Say it's been several years since applying, does the HR division revise offers based on experience gained in the interim? Also, does an IA's grade or step increase as a result of training at Q? I've heard other federal agencies bump pay when training and/or probation period is complete.

It could change based on education obtained in the interim but idk about experience. You don’t get any type of pay bump upon completion of BFTC. You’d be up for promotion after a year from the date you start BFTC.
IA App: Aug ‘18
I+II: Dec ‘18
III: Nov ‘19
CJO: Dec ‘19
Poly: Jan ‘20
Adjudicated: Mar ‘21
Q: Feb '22
thanks 2 users thanked cmar for this useful post.
alaska32 on 5/15/2022(UTC), Stormlight on 5/15/2022(UTC)
Stormlight  
#15 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2022 3:06:18 PM(UTC)
Stormlight

Originally Posted by: cmar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: alaska32 Go to Quoted Post

It could change based on education obtained in the interim but idk about experience. You don’t get any type of pay bump upon completion of BFTC. You’d be up for promotion after a year from the date you start BFTC.

Do you have any information on how the promotion timeline moves after that? I have heard that it's one grade per year after the first year, but have also heard once every two or so years thrown around.
TheNMT  
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2022 5:53:56 PM(UTC)
TheNMT

United States

Has anyone taken phase 2 yet? How long did it take to get the results for you ? I received an e-mail Monday saying it could take up to 90 days.
Brownml079  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2022 10:00:01 AM(UTC)
Brownml079

United States

I received my phase 2 results in about three weeks! I failed the first time as well but just got notice that I PASSED!! and will move on to the structured interview!

Edited by user Thursday, May 26, 2022 10:00:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brownml079  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2022 7:03:48 AM(UTC)
Brownml079

United States

How is everyone's process going?
HopefullyChozen2Lead  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 3:34:23 AM(UTC)
HopefullyChozen2Lead

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Brownml079 Go to Quoted Post

Splendid! I went to take the phase 2 and I get to the testing site. I was told that this particular test is down right now and I couldn't take it. Ask the person why they didnt reach out sooner & he says "People don't check their emails anyway". Completely freaked out and sent an email to the FBI_ISP but I haven't heard anything yet. So not sure if they will allow me to do it even though this clearly wasn't my fault.

Any news on your P3?
App: 09/2020
Interviews: 12/2020
CJO: 12/2020
PSI: 03/2021
FP/DT: 03/2021
Poly: 04/2021
BI Start: 05/2021
BI End: 12/2021
Brownml079  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 3:39:55 AM(UTC)
Brownml079

United States

Originally Posted by: HopefullyChozen2Lead Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Brownml079 Go to Quoted Post

Splendid! I went to take the phase 2 and I get to the testing site. I was told that this particular test is down right now and I couldn't take it. Ask the person why they didnt reach out sooner & he says "People don't check their emails anyway". Completely freaked out and sent an email to the FBI_ISP but I haven't heard anything yet. So not sure if they will allow me to do it even though this clearly wasn't my fault.

Any news on your P3?

That's awful!! Hopefully they can figure out another way you can take it! No info on phase 3 yet for me, from what I've read in the previous forums for IA, it could be months 😬

Rss Feed  Atom Feed