Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NewGov  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 7:53:19 AM(UTC)
NewGov

Groups: Registered
United States

I was given a final offer for a gov job and a start date weeks ago. Now I interviewed with a background officer this week and he said results will take a month or so. Is this common? Should I wait until fully finished??
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 9:47:41 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewGov Go to Quoted Post
I was given a final offer for a gov job and a start date weeks ago. Now I interviewed with a background officer this week and he said results will take a month or so. Is this common? Should I wait until fully finished??
You might be able to start your new position while your clearance is still pending, confirm with your H.R.

someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 12:35:28 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1029 time(s) in 870 post(s)
This can happen with certain kinds of public trust. But pretty unusual if it is a security clearance (secret or above, I guess there are still some 'confidential' clearances out there)
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
GSBS  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 1:22:34 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 322 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
This can happen with certain kinds of public trust. But pretty unusual if it is a security clearance (secret or above, I guess there are still some 'confidential' clearances out there)
Not sure my clearance was Secret, although it was "Position Sensitive", I needed to fill out the SF 86 and was allowed to enter while the investigation was pending

NewGov  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 5:21:30 PM(UTC)
NewGov

United States

Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post
You might be able to start your new position while your clearance is still pending, confirm with your H.R.

Just concerned about leaving my job and not being cleared yet
TheUnderverse15  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2022 8:07:57 PM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 49 post(s)

Depends on what your job required. They can bring you on while clearance is processing. If it public trust, Talbot really a clearance and can be done quickly.
FrankJr  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 12:58:11 PM(UTC)
FrankJr

United States

Was thanked: 131 time(s) in 121 post(s)

If you are a current federal employee, not an issue; otherwise, you have discovered one of the issues with federal employees... Until you are sitting in the chair the job is tentative. Fully finished is subjective. I started a new job with the feds 1.5 years ago and have yet to be notified the new clearance is complete. The supervisor doesn't have a clue if the clearance is complete.
TheUnderverse15  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2022 11:19:04 PM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FrankJr Go to Quoted Post

If you are a current federal employee, not an issue; otherwise, you have discovered one of the issues with federal employees... Until you are sitting in the chair the job is tentative. Fully finished is subjective. I started a new job with the feds 1.5 years ago and have yet to be notified the new clearance is complete. The supervisor doesn't have a clue if the clearance is complete.

Was it a clearance or was it Public Trust?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed