Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Danno  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 9:45:16 AM(UTC)
Danno

Groups: Registered
United States

I am currently trying to get the PSLF form signed off by my HR. I have been civil service since 2007 when I started with the Army, I then later moved over to the Navy, and within the last 2 years switched to the AF, without a break in service. The HR person says they can only acknowledge the AF time, but they are directly accessing my OPM personal record that has my entire career listed. It doesn't make sense to me to have to go to each Service for verification, since it all falls under DoD. Acknowledgement of the time does not obligate the AF or DOD to any disbursement.

Is there another way to go about getting career time verified?

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by user Friday, June 24, 2022 10:15:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GRITS  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2022 12:44:42 PM(UTC)
GRITS

United States

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Danno Go to Quoted Post
I am currently trying to get the PSLF form signed off by my HR. I have been civil service since 2007 when I started with the Army, I then later moved over to the Navy, and within the last 2 years switched to the AF, without a break in service. The HR person says they can only acknowledge the AF time, but they are directly accessing my OPM personal record that has my entire career listed. It doesn't make sense to me to have to go to each Service for verification, since it all falls under DoD. Acknowledgement of the time does not obligate the AF or DOD to any disbursement.

Is there another way to go about getting career time verified?

Thanks for the feedback.

They do not make this process easy I can tell you from personal experience. It will not be a surprise to find out that you may have to reach out to each of the HR Personnel from each job to verify your employment status and time. When these form are filled out by HR please make sure that all the applicable sections are completed because if one thing is left unchecked like for example...the box that states if you were part time of full time even when you indicated that you had worked 40+ hours a week (which that is definitely consider full time in all 50 states) if left unchecked They(PSLF) will claim the form is incomplete. I have had issues with signatures not being written on the indicated lines provided. Just be prepared to have 3 forms completed for the Army, NAVY, and AF since the PSLF folks will find the most obvious things wrong with these forms.

My loans will be officially forgiven in February of 2023 and this has definitely been a long journey for me and countless others. Good luck and I hope you get a great processor when it comes to receiving you information!!
SD Analyst  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:46:49 AM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Was thanked: 429 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Just provide your final SF-50s from each of your prior Agencies to HR. That proves your prior time. It should also be reflected in your SCD on your latest SF-50. If they still refuse, ask for the next-level HR Supervisor.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed