Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Retirees

For those approaching retirement as well as the currently already retired, here is a forum to share ideas and thoughts and exchange questions and answers.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

To maximize your retirement, we also suggest you read "Retired Federal Employees Almanac".

(Reminder: soliciting of services is not allowed on this site.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rossmoyne1  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2022 5:57:58 AM(UTC)
Rossmoyne1

Groups: Registered
United States

Not sure I'm in the right part of this forum, but here goes:

I have 5 yrs, 9 months of GS service and I turn 62 in November.

I started to but did not finish buying back my military time - I know, how stupid of me. But I am not interested in recovering that money just yet.

So, I am also a reserve retiree, and I have a 90% VA Disability Rating.

I'm trying to fill out the 92-19 but have some questions.

In Section C - Military Service, block 2a, it asks "When did you pay your deposit...", and they give you room for one date. I paid back over about 3 years, what do I put there?

Again, in Section C, it asks "Are you receiving or have you ever applied for military retired or retainer pay (including disability retired pay)? Is this the same as VA Disability Pay?

And do I need to submit any supporting documents, like my 20-year letter, my last SF-50, my last Leave and Earning Statement, etc??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
TheRealOrange  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2022 1:51:58 PM(UTC)
TheRealOrange

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 201 time(s) in 174 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rossmoyne1 Go to Quoted Post

I have 5 yrs, 9 months of GS service and I turn 62 in November.

At age 62 with 5 or more years of service, it would be a regular FERS retirement with an immediate annuity, not a deferred or postponed retirement. I assume then that you want to retire before November? If possible, I'd suggest waiting until age 62.

In Section C - Military Service, block 2a, it asks "When did you pay your deposit...", and they give you room for one date. I paid back over about 3 years, what do I put there?

Not sure, but I'd put the date of the final/last payment.

Again, in Section C, it asks "Are you receiving or have you ever applied for military retired or retainer pay (including disability retired pay)? Is this the same as VA Disability Pay?

No. I retired in May and my VA Disability payments were not a consideration. I think a medical/disability retirement (30% or more) from one of the military services is what is being asked here.

Just some thoughts.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed