Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Federal Employee

Are you thinking of becoming a federal employee? Or, perhaps you have recently joined the federal workplace. Here is a forum to share experience and ask for insight for those already a member of the largest employer in the USA.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Arden  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 12:34:02 AM(UTC)
Arden

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello all. I am new here and trying to find answers from a question about accepting two temporary job offers. I think I saw one posted last 9 years ago, but I am not sure if there was any update to that recently.

So the situation is: I accepted two temporary job offers and both are currently in the process. I understand these offers are "temporary" until the final offer is given to me. Is this legal in the government system? I figured it is, since when I opened the onboarding website, it allowed me to input information on the second offer. After that, it went to the conclusion and now shows two positions completed for onboarding. Anyone out there had an experience on this issue? Or any HR personnel who can give advise?

Thank you.
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 15, 2022 4:31:56 AM(UTC)
FatHappyCat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 154 time(s) in 136 post(s)
Just for clarity - you receive tentative offers that later become final offers pending background checks and other administrative checks.

You can certainly accept two tentative offers at the same time. The only issue you may run into is if both requires you to conduct a background check; a person can not undergo two checks at once. If the first agency initiates a case and then the second agency initiates one, the second agency will be blocked from doing so because you'll have one pending already. Chances are agency #2 will ask you to decide which one of the opportunities you'd like to pursue at that point.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed