- Each forum member may have only one account
- Message content. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages.
- Post in the right forum. You may have your post deleted or moved without notification if you post in the wrong forum. If you are uncertain, put your post in the “General Conversations” thread.
- Use descriptive a Topic Subject. This will help others find what they want to read.
- Research your Post. Make sure you are not duplicating posts. Search the forum first.
- Don’t write in All caps. Words in all in capitals are more difficult to read, can be misinterpreted and distract from the message content.
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.
- Don't feed the trolls! The best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them. The moderator will handle reported posts accordingly.
- Personal Attacks. Constructively criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.
- Don’t take it personally. Just because someone disagrees with you, don’t automatically assume they’re making a personal attack.
- Agree to disagree, then move on. If you know that a member often has a difference of an opinion than you, don’t comment on their posts. If you routinely find yourself disagreeing with the same person and posting rebuttals to every comment they make, STOP IT.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other member’s phone numbers, addresses, career details or any other personal facts. Our members are vigilant, and you will be reported.
- Do not use objectionable language. Enough said.
- NO blatant Advertising. This forum is not a free advertising space.
- Politics and Religion. This is not a political or religious forum. As a federal employee, we are aware of the role policy plays in your careers and everyday lives, but please refrain from using the forum to strictly express political/religious views that can be offensive to other members.
- NO Spamming. No commercial posts or flooding the forum with useless content.
Registration, Other Tips
- Make certain that you register with a legitimate email address.
- Most registrations are approved within 24 hours; however, it may take up to 3 days for your account to be approved.
- Always provide the email address used at registration and/ or the user ID in correspondence with the support team.
- If your account is not approved for any reason, you will not be automatically notified. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your account is not approved after 3 days.
- If you lose your password, it can only be reset by the support team. If you would prefer to create your own personalized password, you must reregister and deactivate the former account.